GoaD - Galactic Aviator (Neogoa Records, 2016)

On bandcamp is it possible to pay later with a name your price item? I.e. pay nothing then if you like it pay something?

Of course

We uploaded full album for streaming in high quality at our YouTube channel. Enjoy!

Hell YEAH! I have been waiting so long for this. When I first heard "Alien Pursuit" I instantly knew that this album was going to be my jam. Downloading now and will post my opinion on whole album later.

• Like 2

Ok so the first 2 tracks are really good at setting up the mood and preparing you for the madness that is to come. With track 3 "Intergalactic Gates" the albums sits on the gas pedal catapults us up into space. You will be holding to your chair or your head depending in what position you are all the way up to the last track that isnt that crazy but it's still fast.

What the album does well: Variety, story telling, feels unique to me so no cheese here, acidic asteroids flying centimeters by your windshield while you desperately true to hold on to life and avoid them, really good melodies too. Overall the ~80 minutes flew by as I listened to this.

What the album does bad: Made me feel bad for downloading it for free and not being rich and paying tons of money to this guy for making such a masterpeice. Shame on you GoaD! :P

A true masterpeice! Goad, you are extremely talented and I hope you will make more!

• Like 1

Ok so the first 2 tracks are really good at setting up the mood and preparing you for the madness that is to come. With track 3 "Intergalactic Gates" the albums sits on the gas pedal catapults us up into space. You will be holding to your chair or your head depending in what position you are all the way up to the last track that isnt that crazy but it's still fast.

What the album does well: Variety, story telling, feels unique to me so no cheese here, acidic asteroids flying centimeters by your windshield while you desperately true to hold on to life and avoid them, really good melodies too. Overall the ~80 minutes flew by as I listened to this.

What the album does bad: Made me feel bad for downloading it for free and not being rich and paying tons of money to this guy for making such a masterpeice. Shame on you GoaD! :P

A true masterpeice! Goad, you are extremely talented and I hope you will make more!

Why don't you put this in the review section? It's review enough!

I actually read it so it's already better than any review I've written (I rarely read any review as long or longer than my own :lol:)

• Like 2

Well I can add it but I dont think it's a good representation since Im stupid when it comes to describing music. Also I think there is a rule that states that a review cant be that short and that it has to be constructive. I didnt met either rules. :)

Well I can add it but I dont think it's a good representation since Im stupid when it comes to describing music. Also I think there is a rule that states that a review cant be that short and that it has to be constructive. I didnt met either rules. :)

Thanks for posting the review. It was good. Longer than a lot of reviews are and was written well enough to get my interest. When the rule says no short reviews it's meaning don't have the first reviews as "this is great" or "this sucks Santa's balls". Everything you did was more than fine. Now do more!

• Like 1

Thanks for your review and comments!... love the detail in your review :)

The tracks was made with no intensions to make an album or make money. It was made purely with passion for the music, and discovered by people who share the same feeling.

Hopefully there will be more to come in the future

GoaD

• Like 2

I am truly thankful of this album: it finally got me to the point where I first started appreciating goa trance: distorted sounds, the feeling of "divine", all there. You @ GoaD are an awesome producer..wish all the best for ya for the years to come meaning that I do want you to continue in this path, even though I understand it possibly cannot bring you the daily living. And you will be asked for to play gigs: I hope you will take it to the "next level" and meet the challenge :)

• Like 2

I am truly thankful of this album: it finally got me to the point where I first started appreciating goa trance: distorted sounds, the feeling of "divine", all there. You @ GoaD are an awesome producer..wish all the best for ya for the years to come meaning that I do want you to continue in this path, even though I understand it possibly cannot bring you the daily living. And you will be asked for to play gigs: I hope you will take it to the "next level" and meet the challenge :)

Thank you @Anu for your kind words, i am really happy that you like the album.

I can promise you that there is more to come in the future when time allows. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you @Anu for your kind words, i am really happy that you like the album.

I can promise you that there is more to come in the future when time allows. :)

Don´t be suprised if she somehow gets you to Finland, you´re not that far away as we were :o:P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hmmmmmm some flaws by me on mastering, especially on track 10, i spent more time on theorizing how to arrange my setup for this than actually getting tracks exported and getting it done,

theres so much options and tricks to pull in mastering... ive almost got a reworked version ready of this but its not that different from these files on ektoplazm, so it should be good enough for the public

most tracks shine like gold to me at first glance... maybe some djs could report on how this feels on a big system? i hardly get the chance and time to play a dj-set myself these days

• 2 weeks later...

Wtf, i just noticed i posted this in wrong topic ahahaha, multiwindowed browsing! I was refering to UX materials played @ Shumski Psi open air. But, what´s interesting coincidence to my mistake posting this here - Kris (UX) also played Goad materials in its dj set, Alien Pursuit instantly kicked me off the chair when he played it, I went hopping around the woods :D

• Like 1

We had a listen to Lazarus Rising and the sound of Neogoa Records is very hi-end and very crystal clear in a modern way.

It's very modern and digital music that we think people can find from this label. You can tell Neogoa Records is very professional . Compared to us we have completely different sound , we sound really more 90's and old compared to Neogoa. It's good that we have so much variety in the Goa Scene nowadays. :)

Regarding GoaD , Filipe remembers he came to him and GoaD loved his music , Goa Gate and etc. GoaD even sent some original old school Goa Cd's as a gift god bless him. :)

As for his music we don't think he sounds much like Filipe , maybe he has some vibes because maybe it was because of Filipe he started making goa music and that is a nice thing.

Best wishes to you all and GoaD too! :)

PS - The cover is really cool . Filipe knows that GoaD loves airplanes and when he started making demos he was under 'Captain Cockpit'. :) And the TB303 and reference to Imba's album is funny too! Plus that Hawaiian doll! lololol :) Well done guys. :)

We added Suntrip to our recommended list we are also going to add you guys. :)

Cheers and all the best ! Keep up the good work! :)

• Like 1

Wtf, i just noticed i posted this in wrong topic ahahaha, multiwindowed browsing! I was refering to UX materials played @ Shumski Psi open air. But, what´s interesting coincidence to my mistake posting this here - Kris (UX) also played Goad materials in its dj set, Alien Pursuit instantly kicked me off the chair when he played it, I went hopping around the woods :D

Eeh and I thought a surprise LP was headed our way. *grumble* :)