How old were you when you started listening to goa/psytrance?

XoArK

I was 11 when I first listened to psytrance, now I am 13. (I started with the classics like AP, Hallucinogen.)\

How about you guys?

• Like 1

I started somewhere in the beginning of 2015, so that would mean I was 18 years old. My first tracks were Talamasca - Jungle Storm, Hallucinogen - LSD and Etnica - Starship 101.

in 1995. (didnt know it was called psytrance/goatrance until 1998 though)

I was 13 at the time of exploration and my very first experience with psychedelic music was The Prodigy - Claustrophobic Sting (the acid and that particular track I will consider quite psychedelic).

MFTJG was also the first album i bought. I bought it when it was new in 1994.

But with goa it was Mindfield - Lets Get Stoned And Watch The Freaks, in 1995. Which happens to still be one of my favorites and a definition of that style of goatrance.

(Full-On acid filled straight main-line goatrance. Nothing eastern or anything like that.)

Best to ever come out Phantasm. (*getting ready to dodge bullets*)

Peace!

Pretty young in everything:

- 2004 - 13 when i start listening/following goa/psy trance even if i heard like 5 years before that some classic tracks

- 2008 - 17 when i start producing and releasing in same age

Now i am almost 25... time flyes! :)

First track of the sort I heard was in July 1994, I had a mixtape one side Goa and the other Hard Trance, still have the tape. The Goa side started with LSD. It had also a track by Optica (Somniferium), a track by Blue Planet Corp and Juno Reactor's Labyrinth.

I was 17.

think I was somewhere around 14. Had been listening to mostly euro disco and euro house earlier, then I bought CDs from Miranda and Astral Projection which launched me into a completely new world.

16 years old in 1997, same as Paul Eye.

I started with Juno Reactor, Total Eclipse, TIP's Feeling Weird album, and Blue Room's Made On Earth compilation. Being in pre-internet days made my discovery of goa trance a very mysterious and wonderful thing, almost like finding a parallel world.

• Like 2

i first listened to goa trance at the age of 16 in 2001, went to psy parties (among others) regularly in 2003 with 18 years and became a full-time goa/psy listener (with psy fully replacing prog rock for home listening and freetekno/dnb for partying) with 21 in 2006.

Around 1999 here, I think. I was 15 or so. My cousin was at my place for the holidays, and brought some good ole' CD-Rs with tons of mp3s from lots of different genres. I randomly selected a track, turns out it was "Aurora Borealis" by Astral Projection. First time I ever listened to what was called "Goa". It completely blew me away.

Next in line was "Acid Air Raid", from Solar Quest, and the proverbial diner was served.