Animals as food, Animals as objects of abuse

Starkraver

No body said its man made and its common knowledge that it happened many times already, but we did accelerate it to the point its dangerous for our survival. Too lazy to google at what pace it happened in history, but Im pretty sure it didnt go as quickly as it is now.

And we can live without eating? Wow, they dont teach us THAT in med school

And we can live without eating? Wow, they dont teach us THAT in med school

It's obvious he meant without eating (meat)

@Pat - I'm surprised! Pleasantly of course. You don't eat meat? I should think NZ not AUS when it's about you :)

Hope all is well.

It's obvious he meant without eating (meat)

@Pat - I'm surprised! Pleasantly of course. You don't eat meat? I should think NZ not AUS when it's about you :)

Hope all is well.

ha, yeah you should

nz is abundant with meat, in fact we still have some of the best in the world, and the meat and dairy export is our biggest

i moved away from it years ago, my partner and i are food coaches and live by natures principal that green is the most abundant

source...eg how long does it take to grow a vegetable? well you can have sprouts in a few days, most vegetables in 4 - 6 weeks

often less, as aposed to how long does it take to grow a fruit tree??

years, and then it needs to fruit and ripen, this is more prescious, hence you should be eating less of it

if you gather nuts... climb the tree, gather crack the nuts, this expends lots of energy (regulation) so be cautious of how many you eat,

they have shells for reasons, to preserve to keep the bugs away, and almost all have natural sources of arsenic and other elements

in them (mainly to keep bugs from eating to many) but also us

nature has a great way of regulating all of this

when you grow out of season, you gas food, you poison it for gain, you throw this out of balance

kind of common sense really

go and process something, heat it, treat it... it no longer becomes a food, in fact becomes a poison to the body

the big nasties, fats, oils, grains, sugars etc become a drug to our body, and exhibit alot of the processes our body goes

through when you give up drugs, while i don't believe in the paleo fad, the principles of not eating grains

are correct, if we were meant to eat them, we would have mandibles to do so, unlike horses and other animals that do

eg

opium is great, used by many cultures all over the world in it's purest form

soon as you heat it process it to morphine heroin, becomes a highly addictive poison to the body

sugar in it's raw form is highly nutritious, soon as you process it and kill the macro micro nutrients, seperate molasses etc

becomes a poison

kind of went of topic there

as for killing animals, only 2 things on this planet i kill (besides the planet itself) flys if they annoy me enough (with chopsticks of course)

mosquitos for obvious reasons

while i am not vegan, i source the minimal animal products i do consume form companys with integrity who offer real organic and

biodynamic principles and i don't mind paying more, as you appreciate it, it saciates you more because is highly nutritious

so you eat less of it

i havn't been to a supermarket in years and shop locally at markets, and costs be considerably less because of these principals

and hopefully helping the planet with minimal carbon footprint

as for not eating

we are all familiar with this guy

while he is an extreme case, many others do the same by solar gazing, and it works!

many civilisations used to live this way, and there is evidence to suggest our complex body systems we have now, wern't always like this

some say if we didn't eat meat the world would be over run with live stock, but i believe we have made it this way

and nature regulated all of this in harmony very well until we came along and threw it out

Sun gazing?! And you actually believe that hoax about the yogi? Our bodies are actually very simple. Gluconeogenesis would have allowed him to live for two-three weeks maybe, but his heart would stop soon after that. Its all based on him saying so, and the so called experiments they supposedly preformed with him are extremely unethical so I doubt that they were even allowed to preform them, thus- no proof whatsoever. Its like talking about alchemy in a chemistry class, I mean c'mon. If you believe that out of religious reasons, fine, but lets not use superstition as arguments.

As for your diet @technosomy, I totally agree with you and its awesome you base your diet like that. I too would buy organic meat, but I would mind paying more since, well... I cant!

• Like 1

Sun gazing?! And you actually believe that hoax about the yogi? Our bodies are actually very simple. Gluconeogenesis would have allowed him to live for two-three weeks maybe, but his heart would stop soon after that. Its all based on him saying so, and the so called experiments they supposedly preformed with him are extremely unethical so I doubt that they were even allowed to preform them, thus- no proof whatsoever. Its like talking about alchemy in a chemistry class, I mean c'mon. If you believe that out of religious reasons, fine, but lets not use superstition as arguments.

there have been experiments for a few days, where these con-artists, who claim to neither eat, drink or excrete anything, show diminishing health and mysteriously emptying bladders while they take a bath...

i don't think that having a bullshit believe due to religion makes it any better.

i don't think that having a bullshit believe due to religion makes it any better.

:lol: fun fact: Doesnt seem to be limited to one religion.

There are so many "weird" individuals or kind of individuals who stray away from "normal" food habits. Aghoris, ascetics, yogis and so on. I am neutral towards them, I dont/wont believe these things unless I see it for myself.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Aaah :( it's that time of year again.

Been having long ugly discussions about this on few " Adopt a pet " and other similar pages. Having 4 dogs myself I absolutely hate the festival. But then again when I go to a butchers shop in the evening to buy chicken for my pets I feel I'm one of them. Still in dilemma about this thing as a whole :(