Ultimate Xperience - Lazarus Rising (Neogoa Records, 2016)

I hope you don't mind me answering from this account :)

What differentiates both of those releases, if they're in the same style and apparently both are full-length albums? Why one will get a physical disc, and not the other? Why not make a 2CD release, using "Lazarus Rising" - released as digital download in August - as a teaser to build up hype and expectation for *the full* thing late 2016 / early 2017? I appreciate that in the end it's artist's and label's choice to decide either way, so it's fine.

Like many artists, UX joined Neogoa because of our ideas and the way we're presenting music. There is no hidden agenda except the fact that he has really absolute freedom when it comes to his music. In my personal opinion, I think it's great to see such respected name putting a lot of effort to release new material and to give it for free download. What tracks will end up on the CD release I can't say, but for sure Lazarus Rising is a step forward for the label and for UX music. However I can tell you that we all put a lot of effort and money into this just because the fact that we want to push harder, to expand digital and free music scene on wider scale and to offer best possibe sound, visuals, presentation and promotion. Who like that, he can always support our efforts via name your price option.

Speaking about new UX, all Veasna buyers will get download link for Lazarus Rising via their email, probably tonight or tomorrow morning :)

But actually, this question extends to overall Neogoa Rec. release policy - what's the key for deciding which albums get physical release? Just looking at recent examples - why Veasna's "Energy", which got pretty mixed reception, was released on CD, while the widely acclaimed GoaD's "Galactic Aviator" wasn't? Why wasn't the universally praised V/A "The World Beyond" or "Svemirsky Hod" released on disc, while - frankly mediocre and short - Imba's "Impossible Astronaut" was?

It depends from release to release. We just can't print everything that we plan to release or that we released earlier. For example, many people asked why don't we put some new and unreleased music on CD first. We did that with Veasna and with Imba. See? Some people will say, but you have 'better' releases to publish on CD. In the end you stuck in the loop where you can't please everyone. But what makes the difference is the fact that we actually give our music for free in one way or another. Speaking about GoaD, he insisted to release his album for free on Neogoa. I told him that we could probably make limited edition, but in the end it was released on digital only. So, as I said, it depends. I can tell you that I feel that Imba deserved physical release, not only because of his music, but because he put so much into Neogoa since the early days.

If I give you first previews of Dimensional Gateway 4 you will probably say why don't you release it on CD :) We have some really great compilations, but at this moment we're not printing compilations on CD because it requires a lot more to make it happen, but thanks to support of people who are getting our CD's and people who are supporting our digital releases, maybe we will be able to see some previous and some new compilations published in physical format as well. As I said, there is no special formula, we do what we can with resources that we have. One year ago we couldn't imagine we would be able to release this ammount of music, or to have so much creative musicians on our label sharing their work and ideas.

In the end it all comes to music and we're giving our best to serve the music, to bring it with emotion and passion, to deliver interesting ideas and concepts, to offer best possible packages in terms of visuals and sound and to enrich the Goa trance scene.

I hope this post answered your question(s) and as always, we all are thankful for your feedback and support guys!

• Like 2

@Richpa, thank you for answering and your openness! I can totally see how it's not possible to please everyone, how some artists might indeed have a specific preference for how they want their music released and appreciate how much time, effort & heart you put into all of this! :wub:

Looking forward to listening to Lazarus Rising soon, then. :)

• Like 2

But actually, this question extends to overall Neogoa Rec. release policy - what's the key for deciding which albums get physical release? Just looking at recent examples - why Veasna's "Energy", which got pretty mixed reception, was released on CD, while the widely acclaimed GoaD's "Galactic Aviator" wasn't? Why wasn't the universally praised V/A "The World Beyond" or "Svemirsky Hod" released on disc, while - frankly mediocre and short - Imba's "Impossible Astronaut" was?

if i had to choose the best two albums from those to release on cd i'd take impossible astronaut and svemirski hod. the latter even has artwork that looks too professional for a pure net-release ;)

• Like 1

You ever heard of this thing called "taste" or "personal preference"? Let me have mine, ok?

Yes, but what does that have to do with what gets released on CD, other than you not liking the fact that your favourites don't get released on CD?

I didn't buy the Lunar Dawn CDs because IMHO that wasn't worth it, yet you don't see me running around asking why LD was released on CD, and not for example, BlackStarrFinale's AURYN.

Yes, but what does that have to do with what gets released on CD, other than you not liking the fact that your favourites don't get released on CD?I didn't buy the Lunar Dawn CDs because IMHO that wasn't worth it, yet you don't see me running around asking why LD was released on CD, and not for example, BlackStarrFinale's AURYN.

The difference is I wouldn't criticise you for asking that.

It hasn't been sent yet. Having MailChimp working with Bandcamp code genrator can be pain in the ass, so we have to do it manually. It will be sent soon, I'll post it here.

Apparently the links to the d/l are going out! Just got mine... Thanks Richpa! :)

• Like 2

As you said, all download codes/gifts should be in your mailbox guys thanks to Saša (Lunar Dawn) who did it manually.

Expect the release on YouTube within 1-2 days + download for all on Bandcamp!

Happy listening Artur!

• Like 1

@Richpa, it's really great musically and actually much better than I expected! In a lot of ways it sounds like more modernised, full-on(ish) Juno Reactor with those grand, sweeping and emotional chords, good storytelling, unusual sounds... Not really convinced by some of the melodies, but there are few that are truly wonderful! Hopefuly I'll have more time to dive in properly and review it this weekend.

:wub:

However, please check track #2 8:00 - 9:00, because there's a clear distortion on the kick-drum's fall off, resulting from - my guess - clashing frequencies (I'm listening on 320kbps .mp3 and .wav, checked on two devices with two different headphone sets). This track stands out in terms of mastering IMO, having slightly to much mid/treble compared to the rest and that might be the culprit. Hope this can be still remedied. Otherwise, everything else sounds fantastic! :)

EDIT: all is fine, sorry :)

However, please check track #2 8:00 - 9:00, because there's a clear distortion on the kick-drum's fall off, resulting from - my guess - clashing frequencies (I'm listening on 320kbps .mp3 and .wav, checked on two devices with two different headphone sets). This track stands out in terms of mastering IMO, having slightly to much mid/treble compared to the rest and that might be the culprit. Hope this can be still remedied. Otherwise, everything else sounds fantastic! :)

We checked everything you mentioned here and it looks as it should be on our side. Thanks for your first impressions :)

Hello friends! We're happy to let you know that new long-awaited UX / Ultimate Xperience / Neogoa Records album 'Lazarus Rising' is finally out!

Download ► http://bit.ly/get-ux YouTube ► http://bit.ly/yt-ux SoundCloud ► http://bit.ly/sc-ux

Have a great weekend and a lot of fun and don't forget to support ‪#‎GoaTrance‬ Liberation!

• Like 2

I just got this email from Bandcamp:

Greetings Paul Eye,

Neogoa Records just released Lazarus Rising by Ultimate Xperience, check it out here.

You received this because you bought Lazarus Rising by Ultimate Xperience, also on Neogoa Records.

Enjoy!

So, uh. I guess it was released :DDDD

• Like 2

We checked everything you mentioned here and it looks as it should be on our side. Thanks for your first impressions :)

@Richpa, sorry - all is fine. It was an issue with my headphones, which I thought were very good, but apparently they're not. Sorry for false alarm :)

• Like 2

There will be 5 tracks from Lazarus on the new album (10 tracks in total)

Great! Hopefuly a shorter, more condensed versions?

Because the only criticism I can give is that - as they are - some of them drag a little too long, with a lot of padding along the way between the interesting bits.

Awesome release, nonetheless! :wub:

I was a bit sceptic about lentght of the tracks also, but on third go - when i listened to it finally in quiet and undisturbed - they all are quite a trip with tremenduous amount of details that are probably missed on first listen... Lots of details to process on first fly, even for :ph34r: "experienced producer ear" :ph34r: like mine. :D

The problem with long tracks is that, as a DJ, there is too much time between doing things so I often end up drinking too much and getting far too wasted by the end of my set.

The short to-the-point four-minute tracks of Texas Faggott really keep you on your toes and make you stay focused.

A nice mixture of the different lengths is great for constructing a journey but too many long tracks can feel a bit meandering