Ultimate Xperience - Lazarus Rising (Neogoa Records, 2016)

By listeners you mean himself, if you target a particular audience & make something to please them, it's nothing but commercial.

Yeah, I'll agree with this one.

I think that's one of the reasons Timo keeps his tracks short. He gets bored and doesn't care about fluffing the tracks with dj-friendly minute long intros and outros.

I remember Principles Of Flight lovely album 'Chaos Opera' had a DJ friendly version and afaik, tracks were a bit longer with aditional kickdrum-only intro and outros. Anyway, I think that artistic creativity and storytelling shouldn't be bounded by certain lenght. Someone can express himself or herself in 5-6 min long track, someone else creates longer story and scenario and needs more 'space' for his vision.

• Like 1

My fav so far from this mini LP is High Energy Protons w. Juno Reactor, just kicks my nuts properly :D

Hmm, interesting - I found that one to be the least inspired, although the original is so great that one hardly needs to do anything to make it a good tune. Still, Orion's remix is unbeatable, even better than the original, IMO.

Regardless, that's one hell of an album and I gave it 5/5 in my review.

• Like 1

Hmm, interesting - I found that one to be the least inspired, although the original is so great that one hardly needs to do anything to make it a good tune. Still, Orion's remix is unbeatable, even better than the original, IMO.

Tastes I know... but the Voodoo people rmx is my pick of them all.

IMO it would be a million times better if they would replace the full on basslines with twilight ones.

As much as I like the music the bass scream Israeli poppy full on, while using twilight ones it would give to the tracks an underground feeeling.

Just for the record I have the same problem with literally every Goa producer who turned to Full On.

• Like 1

Actually, I feel humbled and honored to host this happy poppy fullon release on our label instead of underground twilight production. Probably our opinions, when it comes to mediocre 'psytrance' differ, at some point Ormion :)

-Richpa

• Like 2

:P

I don't say that the whole album sounds like poppy full on, only the bassline. I really think that there is a contrast between the bass and the rest of the music.

While the music is some serious goa/psytrance the bass is too clubby. That is all.

I really believe that a less high pitched bass would make the music sounds closer to the old dark, more sinister UX sound.

• Like 1

:P

I don't say that the whole album sounds like poppy full on, only the bassline. I really think that there is a contrast between the bass and the rest of the music.

While the music is some serious goa/psytrance the bass is too clubby. That is all.

I really believe that a less high pitched bass would make the music sounds closer to the old dark, more sinister UX sound.

I don't get your comments at all. Technically, full-on and twillight bass are almost the same thing, maybe the filter envelope is set slightly differently. If a bassline works in the context, it is good. Astrix and Electro Sun use hi-hats, should "serious" artists ditch them?

But what I sincerely hate the most is the concept that "serious" psytrance should avoid this or that element. This leads to craploads of "serious" but utterly boring and formulaic music. Imo, the only thing "serious" psytrance should avoid, is being boring.

Why you guys get worked up? :P

First of all I never mentioned the word serious in my posts.

Second of all what you say is what I say. Context. Astrix and Electro Sun use full on clubby bass cause it fits their music.

Can you imagine an Astrix track with a darkpsy bass? It wouldn't work. Similarly UX music is more spacey and less clubby.

That's why a clubby bass doesn't work in this album IMO.

• Like 1

While I loved the new album, it will never be closer to the "UX sound" without Pete Martin. I guess Kris & Pete were contributing different things to the UX sound: Kirs - as evidenced by this album - is great in creating atmospheres, textures, chords / pads and rhythms, while Pete was all about those crazy, labyrinthine, wiggly acid melodies & riffs. Too bad they don't work together anymore, because that was an unbeatable combo...

Why you guys get worked up? :P

First of all I never mentioned the word serious in my posts.

Second of all what you say is what I say. Context. Astrix and Electro Sun use full on clubby bass cause it fits their music.

Can you imagine an Astrix track with a darkpsy bass? It wouldn't work. Similarly UX music is more spacey and less clubby.

That's why a clubby bass doesn't work in this album IMO.

I very much agree the kick creates a big contrast to the rest of the music, but I'm personally not bothered by it for some reason.

Ahhaaaa. I gotta love psynews and all semi-sarcastic comments here. Face it: no matter of any genre definitions this UX album will be in most ppl's top 10 of 2016 when we harvest the ripe in early January! Lazarus did rise!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Late 2016 in best scenario, early 2017 in worst scenario. As usual, it will be available through Neogoa Bandcamp page, but with longer pre-order period, probably 2 months.

@Rich, any update on planned release window for "A Realm of New Dawn" ...and whether or not it will include "Lazarus Rising" as a 2nd CD? :)

@Rich, any update on planned release window for "A Realm of New Dawn" ...and whether or not it will include "Lazarus Rising" as a 2nd CD? :)

We're slowly getting ready to the finalization of the album. I can't confirm date yet, but we have artwork ready and soon I hope we will start the mastering for the 'new' tracks. It will include material from Lazarus, but not the complete Lazarus.

• Like 1

We're slowly getting ready to the finalization of the album. I can't confirm date yet, but we have artwork ready and soon I hope we will start the mastering for the 'new' tracks. It will include material from Lazarus, but not the complete Lazarus.

Great! Can you at least share which tracks from "Lazarus Rising" will be featured on there?

And will they be the exact same versions or edits / remixes?

I can't share the tracklist yet, but be sure that the best moments of Lazarus release will be included on the new album, so consider The Realm Of A New Dawn to be ultimate Ultimate Xperience release. More about it in the official topic when we gonna have more details to share.

• Like 2

I can't share the tracklist yet, but be sure that the best moments of Lazarus release will be included on the new album, so consider The Realm Of A New Dawn to be ultimate Ultimate Xperience release. More about it in the official topic when we gonna have more details to share.

Thanks, fair enough. The reason I ask is because most of tracks on "Lazarus Rising" are pretty long and therefore there's only 7 of them, while "A Realm of New Dawn" is supposed to have 10 tracks, out of which 5 are from Lazarus, which would leave little space on CD for 5 new tracks.

Sorry for being so inquisitive about this, but I loved "Lazarus Rising" and I'm starving for any and all info on the upcoming release :)

• Like 2

We never said it will be 1 CD release :ph34r:  So don't have worries, as I pointed out, the new album will include finest Lazarus material plus the new music that will be exclusive on CD release with long enough pre-order period so all people who might be interested to get this one will have an equal chance.

:)

• Like 2