Yahel!

Finally a good topic about him, that im sure its going to turn out.

Firstly, what is your opnion about his music?

For me its like this, his first two albums were great, then downhill quickly.

His first album is truly underrated (IMO) and deserves more mention.

Tracks like La Esparansa and Bizarre Contact are completely awesome. But really, the whole For The People on SST label is really awesome.

Waves of Sounds is alot more easygoing and avaliable.. few exceptions though, that kickass, on that album too.

Other random VA tracks and stuff are great too, there are quite a few of those.

Peace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4hUwgiEePc#

First one was really good, especially if you consider the year it was released. But then really quickly he moved to Club Psy as I call it :)

More money to make that way, can't really blame him.

• Like 1

Having never really listened to him much, I figured I'd give For the People a listen today at work. I play traditional Irish music as a hobby, so imagine my surprise at recognizing a Chieftans (semi-popular Irish folk band from the 70s) sample at the beginning of Angel Jonathan (a real banger of a track too).

Sad to see that musical tastes and differences in opinion are defining what kind of a person one is.

He has strong views so what?

Dislike you as a human? - he he he. Seriously?

Anyways it's your opinion and I respect that.

Sorry for OT post, carry on.

Well yes.

If a person choses to only spread around negativety - then yes, be damned sure im gonna comment on it.

this post is like the 10th post that made the egg boil over.

And of course its the human behind the keyboard that has such a behaviour. Noone knows of that better than me, and possibly some un/named that has seen the drastic difference in me.

Cheesy, yeah, but good kind of cheese.

maybe he could have made great goa tracks if he collaborated with other artists from his country like astral projection or mfg or even better oforia for the dark sound - because i think his skills are not bad but poorly used

every single comment you make, is born from negativity.

i truly dislike you as a human.

just wanted you to know that.

no worries

thanks for letting me know

Last Man In The Universe is one of the best melodic tracks ever.

probably the only one i can enjoy

too bad because the guy know how to create a proper melody like this track proves but the rest of the tracks i listened from him are nothing special and very cheesy for lots of them

• 2 weeks later...

I was a big fan of the album Waves of sound, one of the first trance CDs I bought. There was some fillers (Sun scream, Deep feelings). The third track (The only way) was interesting because different, darker to the rest.

I never got into the rest of his music (including the first album For the people that I really find less interesting than Waves of sound).

maybe he could have made great goa tracks if he collaborated with other artists from his country like astral projection or mfg or even better oforia for the dark sound - because i think his skills are not bad but poorly used

He did make alot of nice collabs.

Infected for example, but others from Isra too.

I mean, this one is crazy good:

skip to 05:30 to hear shilling Vocals and 303 Crescendo-into Climax.

heres another one with infected and they often play live together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. has anyone tripped through Yahel tracks/albums?

A picture paints a thousand words, or thoughts (i quite enjoy cheese).

34220923.jpg

Well it can anyway. For me i first got to know him through Tiesto (Magik* compilation was massive in those days, and in my scando country, (euro-)trance was emmence, like this: tiesto - theme from norefjell

Yahel took it mainstream eurotrance, posing on the coverart. Being clubby, trance.. eurotrance.. For me israeli mainstream full on (you know the years) was isreals own Eurotrance - and clubbing music, be it eurotrance or israeli fullon (..) attarcks shitloads of chemicals. And not much psychedelica.

Ibe always since being infected and going viral on finding their music had a soft thump in my heart for this track.... (bought so many cds.. but not this one., yet)

that takeoff/drop - <(")

SST FTW!

*i wasnt big into trance music then - more marilyn manson, koRn, clawfinger, seigmen , but it was impossible not to encounter the eurotrance, before it just got stigmatized and o where to be found, frown apun.... Having its (ttrance) revoke now being more respected in the music scene, as psytrance, forest, prog... oldschool goa

Welcome to Norway sound 1999*