Which Synth to chose for lead tones for (oldschool) Acidic and Melodic Goatrance

"Edgy Space Leads"

*barfs*

Check out this beast. Vermona Perfourmer; 4 voiced analogue oscillator, each voice has its own filter, envelopes and LFO. Synthesis heaven!

so newschool goa has finally reached the popularity that people sells presets for goa producers. especially the sounds in the second video sound a lot like mindsphere.

I don't know about that, it's just the kind of music I like and the kind of presets I like making. I could have named it something like Goa Trance Leads for Hive, but wasn't sure how popular a genre of

goa trance is, especially for the preset market. Luckily, a lot of goa trance is about the melody so the presets can be used for a lot of genres and its important to market them that way I think. I think Goa Trance

is still a pretty obscure genre, in a good way! So, no worries there, lol!

Cool, thanks for sharing about mindsphere, I like hearing about artist I haven't heard from yet. Cheers

"Edgy Space Leads"

*barfs*

Check out this beast. Vermona Perfourmer; 4 voiced analogue oscillator, each voice has its own filter, envelopes and LFO. Synthesis heaven!

haha, i wasn't sure about that either, so I removed it, even though I know it's hard to describe the type of leads that are in goa trance to producers that don't actually make them "got any better suggestions", lol

In any case that was a cool video you shared, thanks for sharing, never heard of that synth. I always liked a few tracks fro Dragon Twins.

Oh, you made those presets? Hah, sorry about that non-subtle tone in my post! Didn't mean it that personal. Though I can understand from your point of view that making presets is a fun and interesting project, I think that most newschool artists use presets too much in their basic form, there's little difference in sound between many artists, almost no search and discoveries in synthesis, even though nowadays it's way more accessible with all the software going on. One of the reasons I like non-preset hardware: of course you can still make boring music with it, but there's no program that is magically going to exploit an original sound. You have to dig and search. TECHNOlogy, you know! It's maybe not such a big argument, but at least it's a bit more honest, in my opinion.

Pardon my rant, going to watch some football now. :D

I think that most newschool artists use presets too much in their basic form, there's little difference in sound between many artists, almost no search and discoveries in synthesis

really? up until now in this thread i didn't even know that someone made presets for goa trance. and presets for other psy or trance or whatever often don't really fit that well into goa. isn't it rather that too many newschool goa artists go for a simple detuned saw (sometimes with a little sync) instead of delving deeply into the possibilities that the various synths offer?

Oh, you made those presets? Hah, sorry about that non-subtle tone in my post! Didn't mean it that personal. Though I can understand from your point of view that making presets is a fun and interesting project, I think that most newschool artists use presets too much in their basic form, there's little difference in sound between many artists, almost no search and discoveries in synthesis, even though nowadays it's way more accessible with all the software going on. One of the reasons I like non-preset hardware: of course you can still make boring music with it, but there's no program that is magically going to exploit an original sound. You have to dig and search. TECHNOlogy, you know! It's maybe not such a big argument, but at least it's a bit more honest, in my opinion.

Pardon my rant, going to watch some football now. :D

Haha, thanks for being honest man and no worries! You actually helped me out a bit, cause I too wasn't too sure about labeling them that way. Oh, I finally had my new account approved so my user name changed :) I appreciate feedback and listen, especially when its in my own line of though/reasoning :D

Don't get me wrong, I love making presets and digging deep creating interesting and good sounds, and sharing them with others, but, my main passion is of course actually making music! Right now the income for the presets is going to a new place closer to civilization, where I can start earning income playing my music ( and a lot more at that lol). So far its been a fun adventure, and worth it as far as the adventure goes -- met a lot of really cool and talented sound designers and built up quite a bit of knowledge in other areas ( video production, creating images, making websites, etc) Good stuff!

really? up until now in this thread i didn't even know that someone made presets for goa trance. and presets for other psy or trance or whatever often don't really fit that well into goa. isn't it rather that too many newschool goa artists go for a simple detuned saw (sometimes with a little sync) instead of delving deeply into the possibilities that the various synths offer?

I really know what you mean, often to get any sort of semblance of a good goa lead, a lot of tweaking needs to be done from the factory bank ( if you aren't making from scratch). There are exceptions though - like diversion I think, that developer obviously likes goa trance/psy music!

About the presets, I've been meaning to make a thread for it here for a while but I've been waiting for my updated name to be approved. So I hope it doesn't bother anyone to see the thread after reading this -- there are only a handful of good quality goa/psy sites that I can make thread for.. Tjgoa is Touch The Universe ;) All the best, guys, and by all means carry on the conversation!

• 3 months later...

Perfourmer, yes, that´s a synth that I very much would like to try out, the architecture makes a lot of sense, and it´s full analog signal path unlike many new analog synths that have digital controls for modulation etc.

Anyway, this is kind of pointless, any synth with a touch of the right effects can make useful stuff. I´m kind of against the equipment fetish most electronic musicians tend to have. The music is what counts, really... It´s a bit too easy to compensate that with expensive hardware, software or whatever.

I remember one discussion I had after a set back in 2006 or so, when somebody got angry at me when he heard that all the music was made with a tracker, a cheap home hifi setup and headphones :D And this was just before the typical: "wow your music is like the best thing to come out in years"-talk. He insisted that I can´t make good music without Genelecs and Logic. Specifically those. Because real musicians have Genelecs and Logic. Period. I had a pretty hard time keeping my face straight... Also a lot of the people abroad at that time just didn´t believe that most Finnish artists at that time used Fruity Loops for everything...

Then again. After all this... I´m super intrigued about the new Arturia Matrixbrute, to me the demos at least sound super good, and a patch memory in a 100% analog signal synth is like a dream come true. Like, alost all the sounds on Hengen aurinko are lost since I made them with equipment without memory :/

Also the MFB Dominion X looks and sounds according to the demos one of the most interesting pieces of gear out, even though it´s old, and doesn´t get the design and marketing hype of bigger companies.