Most amazing LIVE experience, goa/psy

astralprojection

To recycle a failed topic from the past:

For me the most epic moment was when I got eye contact with Erez Eizen when he was about to drop the beat on Sympohonatic, when I saw them live once at the Amager in Copenhagen in the 2000s.

It went from Spaniard perfectly into Symphonatic, so for me - that marriage between those two tracks, are the most epic experience Ive had live.

Dancing like that is just true happiness and bliss.

Second most amazing live experience was when Simon Posford played his live mix of Shamanix.

The most underwhelming experience was X-Dream and Astral Projection.
AP was sadly, a joke, as they did absolutely nothing to jazz up the croud or improvise their tracks. They felt tired and bored, and I clearly remember hearing an added snaredrum and nothing else, to a version of Dancing Galaxy.
But nonetheless, it was still pretty sweet to have seen them live, at least.

edit: no discussion regarding what an artist do or not do live is allowed in the thread. Last time that happened people left psynews and shit got real, real quick.

Honourable mentions:

Xenomorph @ ZNA 2015 - absolutely fantastic

X-Dream & The Delta @ OZORA 2011 - perfect mindfuck coming down (also literally, as in I walked down the hill from behind the dancefloor when they started) from a nice acid trip :)

Logic Bomb @ VR Makasiinit, Helsinki 2003-ish - when fullon was still fresh and non-cheesy

Asura @ OZORA 2010 - coincidentially also my first time on acid so it was, uh, intense :D

Art Of Trance @ S.U.N. 2013 - I actually cried during the set (and was fully sober too)

and not exactly psy but Anoushka Shankar @ Boom 2014 was marvelous

• Like 1

Sounds like you really enjoy it out there on the grass/dirt, paul :)

I do too :)

Sadly Ive not been to many festivals, but instead many small illegal forest raves with 50-100 people.

Talamasca and Infected again, live at Arvika Festivalen, was also EPIC.

Was just before Talamasca put out Zodiac - so he teased the crowd with brand new tracks noone had heard before :)

I tried my best to find that liveset online afterwards, but didnt find it.

Halloween, IIRC, was played and destroyed me completely so hard I danced haha.

Such an amazing track. I might remember it wrong though that this track was not included in that set, as I was on alot of drugs at the time.

Actually going to ask him if he saved it cause it was GOOD and he was in perfect mood, dancing like crazy together with the crowd, up there at his table.

Truly a party artist that rocks the crowd!!

Arronax starting his live-set with The Gate last year at Timewarp vs Neogoa event in Zagreb. It was kinda spiritual experience for me. I'm not party-goer as many of you are here, but I'm sure you all felt at some point, that special moment when there is only music and you just dive into it in the most beautiful way.

Sounds like you really enjoy it out there on the grass/dirt, paul :)

Yeah, mostly :P

But, outside is where this music is supposed to be, indoor parties always have a slightly different (restricted maybe?) vibe than outdoors.

And this flipped a switch somewhere in me. They finished their 2011 set also with "The 1st", can't remember if it was this exact version but anyway.

We are the first. We are the last.

Yeah, mostly :P

But, outside is where this music is supposed to be, indoor parties always have a slightly different (restricted maybe?) vibe than outdoors.

And this flipped a switch somewhere in me. They finished their 2011 set also with "The 1st", can't remember if it was this exact version but anyway.

We are the first. We are the last.

The positive thing, if the setting inside an event is great, soundsystem best in the biz etc, and the artist has perfected production skills, then the reverb that happens in such a locale make tracks like Spaniard absolutely mindblowing.

And I was at Amager about 15 times and saw Infected 3 times there.

Just cause the soundscape in that locale was truly truly awesome and you were inside the mix. I mean literally. You danced inside of the mix. Such much any true goa fan enjoy, many times in their life :)

Outside has a completely different feel, and is awesome in entirely other ways.

Its not necessarily the fact that you are "inside" the mix, but outside of it, and the main enjoyment is dancing and feeling the vibe of others, and all you see are smiles and people dancing like noone is watching - which is of course where you dance at your best.

But shy people on the dancefloor, like me, tend to just do the standard two-step trance dance, but if im on the right move, I dont know what the style is called other than just dancing and feeling every melody and beat with the whole body and doing it in synch.

Seing poor dancers that dances off beat and out of synch is funny, but I certainly do not look down on them, quite the opposite, Im happy to see them enjoy it too, and dare dance, even if they are not skilled dancers.

But the two-step trancedance that I like to call it, almost anyone can do in different ways and is usuallly what you see in a crowd.

Exceptions are example when Filteria played Lunar Civilisation at OIG.

Honourable mentions:

not exactly psy but Anoushka Shankar @ Boom 2014 was marvelous

Definitely psychedelic! How I wish I could travel back in time and enjoy her father's live performance when he was in his prime. :/ definitely the monetory pop one!

Do you know that her mum was considered to be faaaar faaaar more talented than her legendary father? Her lineage on both sides is flooded with music maestros.

Too many good memories.

One huge party in Paris with killer live acts one after the other (TE, AP, X&F, Oforia, Hallucinogen, Space Cat, XD, Psychaos...) all of them being stellar. Absolum in 97. Talamasca in 98. Logic Bomb when they were unknown. Kox Box at Samothraki 2002. Filteria a couple of times. One of the best was Infected when they were still unknown. So many good moments...

But two topped all that, and left me totally stunned:

- Total Eclipse in october 1996 in Bordeaux.

- Solar Fields / HUVA network at Aurora 2009

The kind of moments after which you think "Incredible...incredible...can't top that...impossible...maybe I should stop listening to that kind of music, cause everything will be less good now". Fortunately such thoughts only last a short moment :)

Here is my top list in my discogs page... > https://www.discogs.com/user/microdelic

Honourable mentions:

Xenomorph @ ZNA 2015 - absolutely fantastic
X-Dream & The Delta @ OZORA 2011 - perfect mindfuck coming down (also literally, as in I walked down the hill from behind the dancefloor when they started) from a nice acid trip :)
Logic Bomb @ VR Makasiinit, Helsinki 2003-ish - when fullon was still fresh and non-cheesy
Asura @ OZORA 2010 - coincidentially also my first time on acid so it was, uh, intense :D
Art Of Trance @ S.U.N. 2013 - I actually cried during the set (and was fully sober too)
and not exactly psy but Anoushka Shankar @ Boom 2014 was marvelous

In my opinion the X-Dream set in Ozora 2011 season was the worst ever, Marcus always used to touch the mixer...totaly mess, X-Dream music is a muchine that should be works without any failures, Although they have selected top tracks which for this I have a good memories especially the 'Eleven' version was awesome...but again Marcus just messed up it, maybe too much alcohol :D ... I prefer Jan's DJ sets, @ SUN 2013 for example...I hope for you that you were there.

+1 for Xenomorph ... he have played the whole cassandra's album!!!

For the topic question I will add one rare set that I had a chance to be at and its the reunion 3 Hours set of Rhythmaystec by Nick Taylor and Ray Castle in Israel @ 2011, Australian Goa at is best! unforgettable life psychedelic experience.

Switch to minute 10:00 people are dancing on Masaray's time traveller track.

I prefer Jan's DJ sets, @ SUN 2013 for example...I hope for you that you were there.

I actually was there. But at OZORA 2011 I was in a good mood when they played, and at S.U.N. 2013 I was feeling like shit when they played. Might have something to do with which gig I prefer :)

But TBH, I kinda wandered around the dancefloor and surroundings for most of the X-Dream gig still feeling a bit disoriented before finding a plastic chair (around when they started The 1st) and promptly sat through the entire The Delta set in said chair being completely mindfucked.

I'm sure that everyone who have been to Ozora 11 were in a good mood all the time...:D, chair is something must have in such gatherings, in General I think the festivals with a large scope are more intense for the body so the long disnatces to the dancefloor consume more energy.

edit: no discussion regarding what an artist do or not do live is allowed in the thread. Last time that happened people left psynews and shit got real, real quick.

Ironic, because a lot of people on this thread are talking about 'live' performances from artists I know for a fact just press play on their laptop :D Not to say that their music itself isn't great, of course.

I know some with superb music playing whole live burned on cd... even worse because some are really good friends and they piss me off :D it's not like i am actually playing live as i still don't know play piano but at least i fill it with infinite amount of sounds and effects, at least something is live lol

Traktor set would be more live then just pressing play...