Essential new school goa albums?

MrAnarchy

ra knows how to make a proper melody unlike many others

dont get me wrong but most comments from you are very negative and the way you champion for ra actually wants me to not give him any other chance, thats how feel due to your few but negative posts here.

also, wehen it comes to RA, he is talented but his style doesnt speak to me.

And the one album I always seem to forget for some reason: Amygdala - Modus Operandi (if you ignore the dubstep-ish tomfoolery in the beginning and end of the album).

This is almost perfection:

:) haven't seen that in years! It used to be the lock screen pic of my phone. And of course, awesome track!

Sadly only two tracks on that album was for me legendary, the rest were awesome, but no more than 3.5-4/5.

For a Better World and Mysterious Fantasy where the only two 5/5, the 4/5 being Beyond Lightspeed. Which happens to be one of my most favorite "cocky" goa tracks. Like its basically a showoff, like "haha. Look what I did suckers. Mohohoahaha I PWNFACE SO HARD" with that melody after the awesome LUDICROUS SPEED sample- Thats how I felt anyway, lol:D

But still great album ofc. I love him and top 3 new school artists:)

But it's pure ear candy all the way through! I really like the fact that the tropical sunset is in the middle too, it kinda bridges the fluffy side and more psychedelic/in your face style of the album. Beyond Lightspeed is indeed a bit cocky :D It works wonders on the dance floor though :D (probably because of that).

I'd personally go for Celestial Intelligence regarding the Kumanovo/Macedonia connection :)

I would agree that from a production point of view perpetual energy is the better album but from an idea/composition point of view I still find Cosmic Dimension's debut a lot more exciting. Tracks like Nucleosynthesis, Time Beyond The Universe, Telekinetic Mind and Acid From Above have really stuck with me.

Also, Chi A.D - Earth Crossing. It's going to be released this year. So I would consider it new school. And you are at a huge LOSS if you haven't heard it yet. (Mp3's can be bought from the Chi.A.D site)

What do you mean it's going to be released this year and therefore it's new school? I mean the album is from 2002, so i wouldn't exactly call it new school. Could you or anyone else please elaborate? Chi A.D. is one of my favourite artists so i'm kinda curious as to what you're talking about.

So I listened to a few albums and here is my impression:

• V/A - The World Beyond: An absolute essential! This thing gave me chills and I cried a little which means this thing gets the EPIC SEAL OF APPROVAL! "The Journey" and "The Sphere" are the strongest IMO 5.5/5
  • Portamento - The Portal: Yeah! Hell friggin yeah! Really like the complexity and it sounds crystal clear. 4.5/5
  • Goasia - From Other Spaces: I heard the "Dance With The Blue Spirit" a few months ago and didnt like it (not sure why that was), so I was skeptical about this album. And to my surprise I was very impressed. Taboo is my favorite track here. 4/5
  • Nova Fractal -Fractal Landscape: Dunno if it's just me, but this doesn't sound psychedelic. Couldn't make it to the end of the album. Loud and eurotrance sounding melodies. Not saying its bad, it's just that I cant get into this. 2/5
  • Ephedra - Journey Through My Head: Time flew by me while listening to this album. Dont know what to say... Favorite tracks are "Souls In Trance", "The Walk Of The Little Green Man" and "Experiments". EPIC SEAL OF APPROVAL 5/5
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Rehashing an old thread instead of making a new one. With so many new releases since our last best of new goa/essential I wonder who has updated their list, or if the best has come and gone.

I also feel like 10 albums is no longer able to properly explore all the essentials of the SWOG, 

1. Khetzal - Corolle
2. Artha - Influencing Dreams 
3. VA - Terraformer
4. Lunar Dawn - Kolovrat
5. Sab Kuch Milegator - Kauas Aikain Taa
6. Median Project - Constellation
7. Antares - Exodus
8. Morphic Resonance - The City Of Moons
9. Hypnoxock - Eurythmia
10. Celestial Intelligence - Perpetual Energy

11. Nova Fractal - Fractal Landscapes 
12. Psysutra - Gamma Phoenecis.
13. VA - The World Beyond
14. Sykespico - Perspective
15. Nervasystem - Timetravel
16. Psylent Buddhi - Secrets Of The Atom
17. VA - Temple Of Chaos
18. VA - People Walk Funny
19. Kadasarva - Steamagination 
20. Ephedra - Journey Through My Head

For me 'Essentials' refers to any album that properly displays a particular style at the top of the game.

Edited by Tsotsi
For being a gump

9 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Rehashing an old thread instead of making a new one. With so many new releases since our last best of new goa/essential I wonder who has updated their list, or if the best has come and gone.

I also feel like 10 albums is no longer able to properly explore all the essentials of the SWOG, 

1. Khetzal - Corolle
3. VA - Terraformer
4. Lunar Dawn - Kolovrat
7. Antares - Exodus
9. Hypnoxock - Eurythmia

11. Hypnoxock - Eurythmia
12. Celestial Intelligence - Perpetual Energy
17. VA - Temple Of Chaos

For me 'Essentials' refers to any album that properly displays a particular style at the top of the game.

You got Hypnoxock mentioned twice in there :) (which is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the best artists around, so that's definetely Ok by me! :D)

11 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

1. Khetzal - Corolle
3. VA - Terraformer
4. Lunar Dawn - Kolovrat
7. Antares - Exodus
9. Hypnoxock - Eurythmia

17. VA - Temple Of Chaos

Oh, yes, I also think that Hypnoxock - Eurythmia is somewhat better than Hypnoxock - Eurythmia, but not really that much.

What do you think about Hypnoxock - Eurythmia btw? Don't see it on the list.

2 hours ago, Agneton said:

You got Hypnoxock mentioned twice in there :) (which is, as far as I'm concerned, one of the best artists around, so that's definetely Ok by me! :D)

the hypnoxoxock album called Eurythmia is like, up there with the very best of 2000s. If there ever was a Neo Goa top 5 album I wouldnt look funny at people picking that one as one of them

its called Eurythmia btw. By HypnoCocks

17 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

1. Khetzal - Corolle
3. VA - Terraformer
4. Lunar Dawn - Kolovrat
7. Antares - Exodus
9. Hypnoxock - Eurythmia

17. VA - Temple Of Chaos

Celestial Intelligence latest is also repeated twice.

Lol, make your own lists you bullies.

I was going to leave it but now Celestial gets mentioned twice.

11: Hypnoxock - Eurythmia is now Nova Fractal - Fractal Landscapes

12: Celestial Intelligence - Peperetual Energy is now Psysutra - Gamma Phoenecis.