Essential new school goa albums?

MrAnarchy

So I've pretty much listened to every oldschool goa album worth listening to and I think Im ready to tackle new school. Which neogoa albums do you think are essential 5/5? I will start with the albums you guys mention the most. :)

Woah! Every oldschool Goa album worth listening. Nice :)

Khetzal - Corolle.

Filteria - All albums.

Mindsphere - All albums.

Artifact303 - Back to space.

Etc etc etc..

The best way would be to go the review section of each year and try out the top 10 voted albums :)

Enjoy!

• Like 2

what starkraver said :)

khetzal - corolle is top five neogoa ever.

a special mention to afgin aswell, his two first albums are amazingly good, and also the EP The Dream Master.

The track Shine On ís soooo good and I want to link it here. Right off the bat you are greated with his AP style 303, and well, the rest of the track does NOT disappoint.

Its truly a wonder. I just wish the hihats where mixed alot lower. It is however, considered abit on the cheesy side for some - but for me, I LOVE cheese when its done skillfully. Fuck, even holymen had some good tracks, and that is some freaking cheesy nitzo.

also would like to add Nova Fractals debut LP cause its amazingly good and on par with a303 and filteria even though its not up there in terms of commercial avaliability and popularity, nova fractal is THE absolute favorite neogoa producer for me.

• Like 1

Khetzal - Corolle is one of the few new school albums I've listened to. Has a really special place in my heart. Listening Winds makes me soooo sad, and then Ganesha Pramana and Indian Attic make me hop around the room. Love it! :)

Absolutely essential if you ask me (artist albums only, apart from the last one in the list)

PortaMento - The Portal

Merr0w - Born Underwater

Crossing Mind - The Inner Shift

BlackStarrFinale - AURYN

Ephedra - Journey Through My Head

Goasia - From Other Spaces

Kadasarva - Steamagination (although most woudln't probably call it "goa" per se)

Omnivox - Fragments Of Evolution

Trinodia - Stargazing

The World Beyond (Neogoa)

• Like 1

Khetzal - Corolle is one of the few new school albums I've listened to. Has a really special place in my heart. Listening Winds makes me soooo sad, and then Ganesha Pramana and Indian Attic make me hop around the room. Love it! :)

Listening Winds is an absolute amazing piece of work, and you just knew right off the bat that that was going to be a legendary album for the new school genre. Indian Attic is my favorite uptempo track on the album, too :)

• Like 1

+ 100....000000000...00000 to

BSF - The AURYN. - I absolutely love this album.

Ephedra - Journey through my head.

VA - The World Beyond

Also, Chi A.D - Earth Crossing. It's going to be released this year. So I would consider it new school. And you are at a huge LOSS if you haven't heard it yet. (Mp3's can be bought from the Chi.A.D site)

• Like 2

Yes I look forward to review Earth Crossing as it will be the first time I listen to it in full. Ive heard many of the tracks and I do own the old album, well, "own", so Im going to grab the released album when its out, and review that, and looking forward in hearing what is for me, the best album by Chi-AD even though its not released more so than on digital - and its going to be exciting to see if he has special treats like remixes and such.

Despite new school hater sayings... i believe we have huge list of New School Goa essential releases and many modern classic tracks. Maybe in 5-10 years they will be worshiped just like Mahadeva, LSD and Teleport. At least i do :)

• Like 2

I completely agree with that statement :) F the haters, too!

I love to be active in Goatrance right now as it is bigger than ever, and will become even bigger :)

The age of old synths are becoming an age where music production is accessible to mostly ANYONE - which is why we are currently and will be getting, an influx of awesome Goatrance coming from the Globe.

Amazing times we live in now!

I am definitely open to discovering the new sound. I am just glad that goa trance is still alive and kicking. I think that amazing things will happen.

Btw, I just remembered... The first few tracks I heard were all neogoa! Literally the first album I stumbeled upon was the the 9th from Ra and after that I heard Alienapia - Dharmakaya which is a beast of a track. :D

Never got the hype regarding 9th by Ra.

Most overrated artist, same with Artha and few others.

But thats just that ofc our tastes differ.

Some people even hate Filteria, even though he is responsible for TRYING to bring the Etnica vibe back and he and Suntrip did so in a most epic way, and that guy is an amazing dude, and master of his craft.

Some people even hate Filteria

You wouldn't believe the reactions I get here (here, as in, Finland) whenever I mention that I don't find Filteria to be anything special. Even some darkpsy guys go all looking like they almost want to burn me for heresy :lol:

• Like 1

@Paul -- :lol: I can see why darkpsy guys like him. Filteria's albums were like a bridge to me when I left darkpsy and crossed over to Goa :D Powaaaa! :P

@AP - there has a been a mixed reaction to his album. Few people are interested to find out which direction he will be heading in his new album. That's all I guess.

overrated - nah! Let's just say, you don't like his music much.

I never got the hype about Nova Fractal ( I'm being very honest, no because to retaliate or something ) even celestial intelligence but still I do listen to them every now and then to find out why everyone likes them so much & what am I missing here.

So @Anarchy - try out everything. Do not take our views about what is bad and what is not :)

Most definitely try out:

Nova Fractal - Fractal Landscapes,

Celestial Intelligence - Perpetual Energy

Artha - Fluori Dolby & Artha - Influencing Dreams

In the beginning i liked Filteria, but not anymore. Ok maybe a few of his tracks I like Domestic Modulator and Ultimator I think the name is. His loud melodies start annoying me really quickly. I just cant listen to his whole album in one sitting.

As for Artha, I really like him. Dna track is amazing!

As for Ra, dont think they are overrated. Altho i preffer To Sirius over the 9th. I just like the style.

You wouldn't believe the reactions I get here (here, as in, Finland) whenever I mention that I don't find Filteria to be anything special. Even some darkpsy guys go all looking like they almost want to burn me for heresy :lol:

lol:D

I would also have to join their crusade :D

However, no. I wouldnt. I dont care what people think that I get upset about peoples opinions :)

All has different taste its just that :)

However - champioing for my fav artists is of course something truly honorable and entertaining :)

And its amusing to read the reactions.

Because its all Love, love for the music,right? so a negative fight would be hilraiously wrong if you think about it :)

But "keeping it civil" when championing for your fav talents are of course a small act of war ;)

just a loving war where the outcome is very social and good for all :)

ps. haha damn how ive changed and grown since past few years. its so fun to be an adult . truly you stay a very immature man when you stay on drugs for all day all year every year, until you quit - being sober for a long time, recover from therapy with both meds and cbt for example, and THEN you can begin to mature and grow. ANd ive done that the past few years and its so funny and etertaining that im so self aware of my "MPD" and its amusing.

In the beginning i liked Filteria, but not anymore. Ok maybe a few of his tracks I like Domestic Modulator and Ultimator I think the name is. His loud melodies start annoying me really quickly. I just cant listen to his whole album in one sitting.

As for Artha, I really like him. Dna track is amazing!

As for Ra, dont think they are overrated. Altho i preffer To Sirius over the 9th. I just like the style.

I really don't like Ra's uptempo albums. However I really really like Unearthly :)

About Filteria , yes that can happen. I understand what you mean by - can't listen to his whole album in one sitting.

What I've started doing with Filteria's music is -- I deprive myself from his music for the whole year and then one fine day I listen to his 3 albums one after the other, Sky Input, daze of our lives and Lost in the wild. And man!! I cannot describe what I feel for those 180 odd minutes, one of the days I look forward to every year ;)

I really don't like Ra's uptempo albums. However I really really like Unearthly :)

About Filteria , yes that can happen. I understand what you mean by - can't listen to his whole album in one sitting.

What I've started doing with Filteria's music is -- I deprive myself from his music for the whole year and then one fine day I listen to his 3 albums one after the other, Sky Input, daze of our lives and Lost in the wild. And man!! I cannot describe what I feel for those 180 odd minutes, one of the days I look forward to every year ;)

Sounds like a good idea. Gonna try it out!

@ap man I love how youre always politicaly correct :D

• Like 1