no topic on Transwave?

astralprojection

I searched google but didnt come up with a proper transwave thread in the general forum.

Which are your favorites?

Mine is without any doubt at all times Vision Quest. Voyager is also top five.

I dont enjoy Deedrah that much though, and Im quite angry that his Lepton Head remix was titled "Deedrah Remix" because the sound is not Deedrah, its most definately Transwave.

That is something that has always bothered me greatly. :D

Also -

Draeke asked me to ask him if I ever was to want to ask him something; (yup, semantically correct sentance:P)

If there ever is lost or stashed away Transwave stuff - I would pay dollars to see it on DAT.

I thought it was Assurance too, but Insurance fits the bill aswell :)

psynews, friends, music and gaming is all the MDMA I need tho :)

Which is lucky considering ive done ... well Im not going to mention any amounts, but way too much, during the days.

So Im glad to be finally after 14 or so years recovering fully in my synapses and neurons but damn, took a long time and not worth it kids :)

• Like 1

My Dear Medical insurance. My all time fav title :lol:

It's not MDMI, it's MDMA

My

Dear

Medical

Assurance

:)

{EDIT} damn, should have read more in the thread... someone beat me to it.

And someone sometimes claimed that there actually is a Transwave track called My Dear Medical Insurance that's "super rare". I call bullshit on that.

But anyway, Helium is the first goa CD I bought. It's my treasure <3

Phototropic on the other hand is kinda meh and the mastering (and the mixing actually too) on that album is atrocious to put it mildly. Well apart from the title track which is nothing short of fantastic (no wonder I opened my Kosmos 2015 set with it).

Helium was an album I actually owned, aswell. Sadly I sold all my albums in my teens. (Another prized jewel was the first flying rhino comp. With Zeta Reticuli. ZOMG that album, prob top 3 VA ever)

Its also - sorry - was also a very special treasure and I was always so completely in love with the artwork and it was my prized jewel at parties and chillout sessions.*

*Chillout sessions enjoying goatrance at max volume, that is. Hi' AF.

The first Transwave tracks I had were from Shangri La (A Step 2 House compilation from '95). It had 'Adoration To The Aum" and 'Axonal' (Axonal blew my mind).

R-73115-1209288446.jpeg.jpg

Helium came out either later that year or the year after, I bought that as soon as I saw it at Cisco Techno in Shibuya. Helium is a beautiful album, but there is something about Phototropic that I really love. It has some sound quality issues, but the tracks are just so good.

Unfortunately, there is an error on Transwave's "Backfire" CD. I bought that CD specifically for Flamicogyre, and there is a major problem with that track on the CD. It's like the master is missing a bar or two in the middle... really annoying.

For those who don't know, this is Flamicogyre. MONSTER Track

I think everyone on here knows Flamicogyre by heart, at least that is my assumption :)

Timeless monster.

I assume that not everyone has been listening to Goa for the past 22 years like we geezers, it was for those people :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, there is an error on Transwave's "Backfire" CD. I bought that CD specifically for Flamicogyre, and there is a major problem with that track on the CD. It's like the master is missing a bar or two in the middle... really annoying.

That's the sound of a DAT grinding its gears. :P Just think of it as adding authentic grit to the track.

IIRC Anahata had a similar glitch on that CD.

IIRC Anahata had a similar glitch on that CD.

I have a perfect copy of Anahata from RTTS 2. Flamicogyre I only had from "Spiritual Trance Vol. 2", and it's a Goa Gil mix... That's why it annoys me. I have yet to find a perfect copy of that track and I've already bought it twice :(

That's the sound of a DAT grinding its gears. :P Just think of it as adding authentic grit to the track.

My DAT tapes don't have that problem ;)

Mine is without any doubt at all times Vision Quest. Voyager is also top five.

I dont enjoy Deedrah that much though, and Im quite angry that his Lepton Head remix was titled "Deedrah Remix" because the sound is not Deedrah, its most definately Transwave.

That is something that has always bothered me greatly. :D

Well he remixed it without Christof so it's technically Deedrah. :P

As for Transwave? What more to say? They were GODS of goatrance. If I have to choose a favourite track it would be definitely Flamicogyre followed by Anahata.

• Like 1

Haha yeah youre right it is actually Deedrah but for me the sound is definately Transwave and not Deeedrah, as his album release sounds very different from the Lepton Head remix which still has the Transwave sound :)

And one of the absolutely best goa trance tracks out there is obviously the lepton head remix, its like, a mandatory track in most old school goa DJ sets.

At least I heard it on almost every forest rave I attended in swe during the 2000s

this track always gets me in party vibe!

the melody is speaking to me on a deep level and always cherished this track soo much, and absolutely my fav from transwave, and top 20 goa tracks ever. Somewhere in that list:)

even more so than lepton head, which transwave made HIS and STOLE from Shakta, cause shakta version SUCKS. :P