PayPal or Credit Card.?

Starkraver

Hello,

So which currency conversion option is the best while purchasing in foreign currencies.?

I thought PayPal had worst currency conversion charges but lately I'm feeling that my Citi bank rewards card charges me more! It's a small amount but when I sum up a month's sheet of buying cd's & vinys in different currencies. I'm easily losing more than 30 pounds in the conversion.

So, which option do you guys use?

For me nowadays all that matters is safety after two of my credit cards have been sucked from webstores into wrong hands and the credit card companies have closed them. So I use Paypal for sure when it is available. Outside that I still make purchases with credit cards but I am scared of it.

Aah! I see the topic name is misleading.

Of course PayPal. The question is while using PayPal, what currency conversion option is Best according.

*letting PayPal do the conversion OR

*letting your bank (card provider) do the currency conversion.

Hope it's clearer now :)

Okay. I haven't studied Paypal enough to stumble upon such an option. I am lazy, too, maybe, but for me it really does not matter saving a few cents if I want the item. I just need more "self-discipline" not to buy this and that so easily (women shopping dilemma) so that's the way I'd save the most ^_^

use BTC whenever possible.

The hands down best way to transfer funds to people.

Any category.

But since it can feel like a steep learning curve its not complex at all and a necessary "skill" to have on the internet in this day and age.

Other than that, the marginal of difference in the different banking solutions is so small that I doubt you will feel a big hit with whatever choice you make.

However I would use paypal over the VISA directly; just because I trust paypal with my cred card info but not necessarily the third party.