UX – Audissey (Live & Beyond) - Anjuna Records

I preordered the CD the 15th of June a couple months after that got a confirmation that the CD was dispatched but nothing arrived and Tal wouldn't answer my emails. Yesterday I got a full refund and a message from Tal that the CD will be reshipped with a small gift for free as a compensation for the unpleasant situation so I guess faith is restored although I think communication could have been better and I still wait to see if this is really happening.

• Like 1

Finally my Anjuna collection is complete. However, those cds must be cursed, Suntrip messed up my order :)

I checked, I've send Mental Triplex instead of Patience for Heaven right? Aaargh, I had 20-30 orders of Mental Triplex, and because of that when I saw "mindsphere" I just took it without checking the title... mail me for a solution :D

Ok, so what's the verdict on this one?

Myself I'm happy it was released and grateful for it being available, but:

• track selection is pretty poor - I'd take live versions of "Life Support Technology", "Chameleon" or "Mind Over Gravity" any day in place of "3rd Eye" or "Crossworld" which are too industrial, repetitive & heavy,
  • the new tracks are laughable imitations of original UX style, using too many of recognizable sounds & samples, which proves it was Pete Martin who was the driving force behind their sound,
  • "Master of The Universe" is - as per usual - botched, being much quieter than the rest of the album, at least its core part because the added atmospherics / strings / effects are as loud as the rest,
  • overall the sound quality is pretty bad - likely because of 'live' recording - with more busier parts drowning in clashing frequencies and muddy sound separation,

Before you jump to my throat for criticizing it, let me reiterate - I'm happy I bought it & grateful to all making this possible, but that doesn't change the fact it could have been better. IMO, if you have original release (or are satisfied with Ektoplazm's free "re-mastered" version) then there's no point in buying it other than for collecting sake. It's not Etnica Live '96 or Pleiadians Live, but then nothing is ;)

• Like 1

For sure there is nowhere near enough variety to satisfy a new album title. But it is what it is, live versions of UX debut album and I myself am satisfied with it, better than expected to be honest.

I checked, I've send Mental Triplex instead of Patience for Heaven right? Aaargh, I had 20-30 orders of Mental Triplex, and because of that when I saw "mindsphere" I just took it without checking the title... mail me for a solution :D

Honest mistake, PMed :)

Some free UX stuff courtesy of the Russian Federation for those who cannot wait or can't get the infamous CD

Link removed

PS: There is NO new tracks on this CD and YES it is Live with its limitations considering the conditions in which we played those songs , no matter what mister Antic604 mentioned on Psynews.org (that by way purposely refuse to register us on their gossip website)ignorant comments with the driving force behind UX blah blah always welcome to show us what he can actually do live , drums and all   glad we are moving on with the new productions in order to nail this coffin down and bury it to the ground as we will no longer play any of the old songs Live except Master Of the Universe or Dominion on request, the rest will die will this forsaken release .... over and out xxx

This on facebook. Gossipnews. I wasn't aware they weren't allowed here? I don't see his account banned or registering rights removed.

This on facebook. Gossipnews. I wasn't aware they weren't allowed here? I don't see his account banned or registering rights removed.

Username Ultimate Experience or Xperience (I assume it's their account) was online few days ago, but his membership was in pending status.

Waking up To Chaos and Crossworld are actually my favourites on this one.

Crossworld has always been a gem in my vinyl collection

Released under the Cyberkris moniker, it was overlooked by many.

A real excellent track though and holds up well to this day...

Username Ultimate Experience or Xperience (I assume it's their account) was online few days ago, but his membership was in pending status.

Can't find either of them in the member database. There's only 2 pending memberships and they were from last night.

Kris? I wonder what happened that there's so much of hatred towards this release.

Ok, please elaborate where you see "hatred towards this release"? If anything, people - myself included - were first worried about it not coming out despite Anjuna's promises, then discussing whether it was released and distributed lawfully (i.e. whether or not the artists gave permission & got paid) and my last comment is something I'd put in my review: that it wasn't a perfect release due to the reasons I stated... :blink:

But then again it's not the first time that rational and substantiated criticism is frowned upon, whereas blind and naive worshiping is favored. Actually, I'm pretty sure no one would bat an eyelid if I just wrote "this release sucks balls" because somehow that's more acceptable... :(