Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians II

81-Nc0xEqOL._SX522_.jpg

Not sure if anybody cares, after the shite that was their latest few albums. This one was released last year as a follow-on for CV, obvs. I am pleasantly surprised, actually. Creativity, melody, crystal-clear (really amazing) production, and most importantly, a minimum amount of Duvdev singing.

I haven't bought it yet, only listened on youtube, but I'm calling it my most surprising find of the past 12 months. I think the boys are back! Check it out https://youtu.be/EjKGFLbSFBw

51 min was a crtitial point for me.

However, they got Interesting sound and top notch production, as usual.

Lol, it's not all amazing, and that section is particularly bad. Duvdev had to have a chance to flex his vocal cords at some stage, didn't he? I think they even used a bit of autotune!

Anyway, it aint perfect, but compared to army of mushrooms, it's a welcome return to a style of music I can (mostly) relate to. There's no arguing they're brilliant musicians, unfortunately also crap singers

i think converting vegetarians part 1 is the last album i listened from infected mushroom and it was quite good - it had its moments

i never listened to what came after that

so is part 2 somehow similar to part 1?

Yes, it's similar to the 2nd "downtempo" disc, but I think slightly better. Like you said, has it's moments

• Like 1

they should always release 2 versions of their albums, one with vocals and guitars and one instrumental version, you know, for the fans from 20 years ago :)

• Like 1

The cover is MEH.

Looks like a merge between Diablo (the game) and The Matrix.

And shrooms.

But nvm.

As for IM - I lost interest completely after the first converting vegetarians album and havnt listened to them since.

Their best album is by far BPEmpire + the tracks Symphonatic, Red Filter and Acid Killer.

Spaniard live is amazing.

The other side from first Converting Vegetarians is one of my favorite cd's! Outside this album there are also epic tracks like Dancing with Kadafi, The Messenger, Stretched, Heavyweight or Project 100.. So i was pretty excited when Erez and Duvdev announced another freestyle album like the other side :)

Now after 5 months i love it. Listening to it almost every week since September and it's still growing on me :)

My favorite tracks right now are Animatronica, Yamakas in Space, Blue Swan 5, Stuck in a Loop and Pink Froid..

Production on CV2 is flawless! It deserves to be listened in good quality (better than youtube). I've got CD from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Converting-Vegetarians-II-Infected-Mushroom/dp/B0149QFRIA

Beatport - https://pro.beatport.com/release/converting-vegetarians-ii/1601292

they should always release 2 versions of their albums, one with vocals and guitars and one instrumental version, you know, for the fans from 20 years ago :)

Or just the instrumental one...

What are the best tracks, if any, without vocals?

Good tracks without vocals? Try Animatronica, Yamakas in Space, The Surgeon, Blue Swan.. :)

I know, you asked about no vocal tracks, there are also Leopold, Mexicali without vocals, but there is one track that i need to mention.. And it is Pink Froid.. It have some vocals, but only few in the beggining. It's very unexpected Pink Floid style of track by Infected. Definitely one of the highlights of the album :)

Same with Stuck in a Loop..