Ovnimoon - The Call of Goa / Invocation

Tom!

Long ago he start developing passion for Goa Trance, playing dj sets, making goa compilations, doing vinyl only sets on local parties in Chile, exporing and learning goa trance... i just waited for this and i knew it is going to happen. It's great! :)

• Like 2

E P I C !

Listen to beats... pure Astral Projection fatness. I believe this is what Hector really needed, and what really loves.

In progressive he was limited with standards they have, kicks, bass, percussions, fart sounds... goa as one of most complex styles will allow him to do whatever he want and however he is inspired at the moment.

He is new now but imagine in few years when he masters style and production... what the hell!

???

it sounds no different to 90% of newschool goa

standards melodies with standard sounds

let-down :-/

the vision sounds alright though

And there I was , thinking it must be me who is not understanding the awesomeness.

I felt the exactly the same.

May be we should wait for the complete tracks or something.

I would be more excited to hear Lunar Dawn, Ufomatka, Morphic resonance coming up with new stuff. Also Artha ;)

Also, this is his first try as Imba said with time he will grow and may release a gem :)

I'm not super-excited either, I've seen the video back in the Suntrippers group a week or so ago where he's announcing this new Goa trance production, and I don't get the hype (okay, it's Ovnimoon and guy is obviously very talented and creative), but music-wise it doesn't bring anything revolutionary or new to the Goa trance music nowdays, even it sounds nice and well-produced.

At the first listen, it reminds me on Amithaba Buddha / Liquid Flow combo, but with more bouncy kicks and a bit sharper melodies.

Well, the total old school kickdrum & snare... acids and no cheesy melodies make it pretty unique... 90% of the modern goa is high pitched melodic more or less predictable stuff... here the action is clearly below the radar... hidden in the small details and melodic parts allover the track without coming close to cheesyness :) I love it :) Reminds me a lot on Nucleus - Superluminal... have a listen ;)

• Like 1

fuck me thats negative.

Any good goa coming out is great news. FFS its such a small genre you guys seem to forget that.

There is plenty of shitty goa and also plenty of great goa.

All great goa that comes out is great news.

And this is great goa.

Umm, I don't think I'm negative, I just don't see this as being something ground-breaking, that's it, just one guys opinion. And I have to agree with you, it's always pleasure to see new (and old) names making Goa trance music, and for sure it helps this scene to grow in more positive way(s), but that doesn't mean we should be affraid to give our honest feedback/critic/input, afterall this is Psynews, not North Korea. And yes, I'm looking forward to check full release when it comes out.

Ofc not, Richpa. I did not mean to dictate anyones opinion, I simply stated mine and fully respect yours :)

However while I agree its not groundbreaking I dont think it needs to be either, but its great goa :)

I apologize if my reply was not fully understood as just my opinion, and not actually bashing anyone elses, while I can understand how it could look that way.

So no hard feelings!

• Like 1