Nova Fractal - Transcendence EP

astralprojection

i think it sounds like a crossover between classic trance or eurotrance and goa trance
it sounds a bit flat and unfinished for me - a bit simple and on the cheesy side

Agreed. I too feel that this sounds a lot like classic trance and eurotrance. Not my cup of tea.

the wheel of time surely is the better track on here. it's right up there with my previous nova fractal favourites mass extinction and blindsight.

mystery of life on the other hand sounds extremely familiar from the first listen. it's a good nova fractal track, but being "a good nova fractal track" is pretty much all the description needed to reproduce this mystery of life. just like with losts souls from the ep last year.

if his music were more popular (which it should be - i still have no idea why it hasn't hit the psy dancefloors big time; it has everything that made fullon so danceable and appealing to the psy masses) i'm sure people would be joking about having a nova fractal music generator where you put in a simple melody and get tracks like lost souls or mystery of life. but since we only have a handful tracks (instead of thousands upon thousands) in this style i wouldn't even call them generic.

I haven't checked this release yet in full lenght but I do agree when you say that Nova Fractal is underrated. I mean, he doesn't put a lot of music out, especially not like other artist tend to do, but for my personal taste, most of the music that he is releasing is really worthy of attention (especially if you dig more melodic Goa). His remix for OXI's Haphazard Dance is destroyer and I hope he will have more time to work on full lenght release sometime in the future, the dude published his work on every known/established Goa trance label working nowdays, so it says something about the quality of his music, right?

Wierd.

For me its the very essence of goa and the best to come along in frever.

Not sure how I wanna reply.

Ill try the most diplomatic approach possible.

Ok, i heard your opinion.

Now, let me reinforce mine;

Ive been a goahead since 1994. I always loved the feelings the melodies brought. Goa is the artists synapses shared with yours. (Well, all music is)

Anyway Im getting off point.

Mystery Of Life and Wheel Of Time are the two best tracks in Goatrance currently and anyone sleepiing on that, disagreeing on that, fine, but thats my opinion and im sticking with it til the end.

Ok, we got it. You love Nova Fractal. :D

Not my cup of tea either. Not bad per se (far from being bad) but definitely not the best goa out there, if you ask me.

holy god men, from what planet am I ?

Same as Nova apparantly.

I respect alll of your opionoins and wont judge you by them.

But I have to defend.

If you like certain classics like Dancing Galaxy, Crystal, Vision Quest - you get a vibe. its not just notes put together. u get a vibe. same goes when you listen to etnica/pleadians. You hear their sound and get their vibe instantly,

Well, that vibe, THIS IS THE FLYING ESSENCE OF IT!!

And Im ashamed of you for not seeing it, "behind the cheese and generic trance"

@ap, I came into listening Nova Fractals albums with high hopes since you are praising him so much and you proved that you have good taste in goa, and simply what Im hearing is LOOOUUUUD melodies and they go on and on and on so no, I dont hear what you hear but thats fine. To each his own right? Reminds me of times when I used to listen to uplifting trance back in the day (Im 19, is it legit for me to use this sentance? :P ) and if I was to rate the psychedelic factor of his music Id rate it with 3.5/10.

(Im 19, is it legit for me to use this sentance? :P )

no. you have to repent by listening to electro sun's higher than ever from start to finish in one sitting. that's what you get for making me (and probably a few others on here) feel old ;)

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Renato always made what I called melodic light goa. Hypnotizing with great sound quality. Like Ivan said he's produced for just about every goa label going so he's doing something right. This music is more of the same quality production that feels good like a well worn t-shirt. Not chaotic nor dark, but uplifting with quite a few details if you open your mind to hear them. His tracks do take on a similar sound so be aware of that.

While not as over the top as AP I like the tracks fine enough. Keep up the good work Renato!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

yall don't even know proper goa when yall hear it.

yes, this is Light Melodic Goatrance.

just like bpc - crystal, or muses rapt - spiritual healing.

goa is best when it is like that.

light and soft on the ears while melodies take you on a spiritual ride.

psytrance as a broader genre encompasses everything but to me: goa is best served light and heavily melodic.

few if any (new school) artists does that better than nova fractal.

and no. I'm right. ure wrong.

peace.

• Like 1

2 stars... I'm a fucking alien on a distant planet if that is all this release gets when it should be six stars.

not six it should be at least twelve or sixteen - maybe fourty

yall don't even know proper goa when yall hear it.

yes, this is Light Melodic Goatrance.

just like bpc - crystal, or muses rapt - spiritual healing.

goa is best when it is like that.

light and soft on the ears while melodies take you on a spiritual ride.

psytrance as a broader genre encompasses everything but to me: goa is best served light and heavily melodic.

few if any (new school) artists does that better than nova fractal.

and no. I'm right. ure wrong.

peace.

it is funny that for two pages you insisted this is the essence of goa trance and now you compare it to the muses rapt - spiritual healing which is the perfect example of eurotrance/goa trance crossover

you can listen to psychopod - dreampod and hear what kind of track is goa trance to the core

here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDlDNpIUa5E

this dreampod track is 100 per cent goa trance

nova fractal is like 50 per cent at best - listen again this ep and you will discover the ephedra remix is the most goa of the three

but for eurotrance lovers it should be a good deal

• Thanks 1

not six it should be at least twelve or sixteen - maybe fourty it is funny that for two pages you insisted this is the essence of goa trance and now you compare it to the muses rapt - spiritual healing which is the perfect example of eurotrance/goa trance crossoveryou can listen to psychopod - dreampod and hear what kind of track is goa trance to the corehere it is

this dreampod track is 100 per cent goa trancenova fractal is like 50 per cent at best - listen again this ep and you will discover the ephedra remix is the most goa of the threebut for eurotrance lovers it should be a good deal
eurotrance? you obviously don't know what eurotrance is if you think this is it.

and i danced to dreampod prob before you had heard goa. don't test me boy or I'll get nasty. you don't know who you're talking to

You back to doing drugs ap?

I agree with Celaripo. Nova Fractal's music is borderlining with epic trance. Cheesy predictible melodies that I've all heard when I was listening to that stuff 5 years ago. There aint p out of psychedelic in this.

eurotrance? you obviously don't know what eurotrance is if you think this is it.

and i danced to dreampod prob before you had heard goa. don't test me boy or I'll get nasty. you don't know who you're talking to

chill out dude

i said it is 50 per cent at best

it is not all euro trance but definitely hybrid

you can call it the way you want but remember it is a public forum and newcommers to the scene may read these reviews

it is always better to post right information about the genre for these newcommers dont you think?

and please stop the violence threats by pm i wont read them anymore

thanks

• Like 1

I think of Nova Fractal in general as a goa equivalent to Israeli fullon, like System Nipel, Ananda Shake, you name it. More accessible, more trancey/clubby, less psychedelic.

Still I do listen to this kind of fullon sometimes and also sometimes listen to NF, you don't always need high grade trippy stuff. But now when I'm more familiar with today goa scene, I agree that calling NF "the essence of goa" is misleading.

chill out dudei said it is 50 per cent at bestit is not all euro trance but definitely hybridyou can call it the way you want but remember it is a public forum and newcommers to the scene may read these reviewsit is always better to post right information about the genre for these newcommers dont you think?and please stop the violence threats by pm i wont read them anymorethanks

you're wrong and I'm right.

this isn't even 5% eurotrance so stop with the lies and the trolly comments on my expense and there won't be a problem

chill out dudei said it is 50 per cent at bestit is not all euro trance but definitely hybridyou can call it the way you want but remember it is a public forum and newcommers to the scene may read these reviewsit is always better to post right information about the genre for these newcommers dont you think?and please stop the violence threats by pm i wont read them anymorethanks

you think it's right to shit on a thread calling the artist eurotrance?

exactly people read these threads so spread lies elsewhere.

You back to doing drugs ap?

I agree with Celaripo. Nova Fractal's music is borderlining with epic trance. Cheesy predictible melodies that I've all heard when I was listening to that stuff 5 years ago. There aint p out of psychedelic in this.

back to what? you don't even know me dude wtf are you getting at

who cares who am i?it is not the topicthis is a review page - it is about the music not about you or me

and the music is 100% Goatrance.

there isn't a shred of eurotrance in this.

you know what you're trying to do and it's not working so stop.

this is goa.

saikopod is goa too.

eurotrance is something very different and you know it.

edit : threats? please. those were warnings. I don't have time with trolly bullshit and I'm not gonna stand for it. simple. a warning or exclamation is not a threat.