First time visiting Goa

PsyBreaker

Long time lurker and finally made an account :)

I'm heading to Goa on 22nd Feb for approximately 10 days, what do you think is the best hostel/hotel or general area to stay in? I'm mainly going for the beaches and psytrance parties :) although open to checking out markets, yoga studios and anything else of interest - any suggestions?

Also if you know anywhere that's particularly great for a party then please let me know. I'll be going to Shalom festival between 26th-28th Feb.

Ta muchly =)

Oh damn! You will just miss X-Dream & DJ Yuta @ Curlies on 11 th Feb.

Matsuri Digital party , again at curlies on 17th(?) Feb.

You are coming here on 22nd. Nice.. You'll escape from the INDIA BIKE WEEK crowd ;)

Sorry nothing of value in this post.

Enjoy your festival. Have a good stay ;)

P.S - this topic should be in Off topic section and not in the General psytrance. But hey you mentioned shalom festival so it's ok I guess ;)

Just got back from Goa and the scene is kicking .. went for Shpongle , Hallucinogen and Xdream. Delta at hilltop. ;) good times with Marcus , what an amazing down to earth person

There is a 3 day festival at the same venue , this weekend , not sure if simon will be playing there.

Just head to Vagator and you will feel at home , plenty of places to stay and good folks all around :)

Have fun!

• Like 2

Just got back from Goa and the scene is kicking .. went for Shpongle , Hallucinogen and Xdream. Delta at hilltop. ;) good times with Marcus , what an amazing down to earth person

There is a 3 day festival at the same venue , this weekend , not sure if simon will be playing there.

Just head to Vagator and you will feel at home , plenty of places to stay and good folks all around :)

Have fun!

Saw the picture ;) awesome! :)

I think the dude will out as he is coming here on 22th..

Haven't been to Goa in 20 years. So, sorry. I can offer no help.

That aside, exotic. I envy you. Shpongle in Goa? That had to have been amazing.

• Like 1

Hey, sorry to bust in on your topic, but I've been thinking about going here and am trying to get similar info.

What I want to know is, are there music venues (i.e. trance parties) in regular venues that are within walking distance (or easy transport without a bike) of places to stay, like Vagator or Anjuna?

Or, is it like it used to be when you had to make phone calls and drive all over the countryside to find the secret party that may or may not exist...

• 2 weeks later...

So it is my second day in Goa, staying in Anjuna right now.

I went to a place called Shiva Valley last night, the music was just my cup of tea (full on into dark full on) so had a great time and met some nice people as well.

I'm going to check out Vagator tomorrow and see if it is worth staying there for a few days.

Thanks guys for the advices :)

What I want to know is, are there music venues (i.e. trance parties) in regular venues that are within walking distance (or easy transport without a bike) of places to stay, like Vagator or Anjuna?

In Anjuna all the parties seem to be at beachside places so if you stay somewhere near the beach then you can't go wrong. Southside of the beach near Curlies is best I reckon based on my 1 day's experience ;)