johnb820

26 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this release?

• Amazing 5/5
    • Good 4/5
    • Meh 3/5
    • Bad 2/5
    • Ridiculous 1/5

The label's opinion just as that of the artist is still valid. It's important though to not sound like a promo "this artist's exquisite talent will take your brain on delightful journeys through the cosmos" but giving opinions like I love this, I think this is great is fine.

Also making sure that it's obvious you are the label or artist is important too :P

On topic, this seems quite nice. Nice is definitely the word but I'd like to delve deeper before committing more pixels to the screen.

Nice is definitely the word but I'd like to delve deeper before committing more pixels to the screen.

my guess is this album will be the most morning and softer of the three - we will see but it is a convincing start for a trilogy
  • Like 1

my guess is this album will be the most morning and softer of the three - we will see but it is a convincing start for a trilogy

Number 2 is ambient, coming in the autumn, and number 3 will be indeed more full power, coming around january :)

• Like 1

Not a fan. It's waaaaayyyyy too morning and waaaaayyyyyy too floaty, excluded the kick and bass this is like progressive psy. I feel I'm back to 2007. Also the music rarely breaths. I really wish Mindsphere returns to his debut album sound. I hope Beyond to be like that.

I kinda agree with this. Ill give this one another go and see what happens.

But gotta say, Zygote is an amazing track!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

and of course all the best to you guys too! ok? :):wub::)

will look for suntrip bandcamp :)

edit: shits been added

good luck n shit u now see you on other side , other planets whatever

enjoy

positive vibe always yo

sometimes its not easy but sure.. its life

laterz

Not a fan. It's waaaaayyyyy too morning and waaaaayyyyyy too floaty, excluded the kick and bass this is like progressive psy. I feel I'm back to 2007. Also the music rarely breaths. I really wish Mindsphere returns to his debut album sound. I hope Beyond to be like that.

My assessment too. I love Mindsphere's more varied and driven tracks Mindrama, We Have a Dream, To Infinity, Ornamentation, and World Is Yours. But I'm not a fan of the overly gentle and soft melodies that never offer much surprise or energy. In fact I'm listening to We Have a Dream right now and the difference is night and day. All a matter of taste, though.

• Like 1

But I'm not a fan of the overly gentle and soft melodies that never offer much surprise or energy. In fact I'm listening to We Have a Dream right now and the difference is night and day. All a matter of taste, though.

yea sort of you know... melodies floating because just is just wack ya know... not enough effort or something tiredness who knows.. im not gonna judge but i know mindsphere was fucking kik ass ... times change anyways...

as for the rest what can i say...

yea welll he did start well but fucking metapsychic fucked up n shit ... I fucked up too... you know... pfff

wasted years , inner cyclone... sighs... was good least i can say... its not the same nowadays im sorry to say

• 5 weeks later...

Good Album! I give 4/5.

"Back to the roots" is one of the best tracks i've ever heart. Its so dramatical. :-)

"Inevitable Delusion" has nice storytelling too. Other very good tracks for me are "Zygote", "Alinside" and "Tear of Goddness"... :-)

• 3 months later...

It's such a huge improvement over Patience For Heaven. The sound of this album is really powerful and absolutely crystal clear. Lovely, lovely sound design and (mostly) great melodies.

Melodramadelic, Beyond The Illusion, Zygote, Tears Of Goddess and Photosynthesis are such insanely driving, beautiful melodic tracks that just hit the right notes. Absolutely what I was looking for after the track on Aurora Sidera. Mental Processor was almost there but it loses it's drive by being too monotonic toward the end. The rest are good tracks too, but they all have a thing or two about them that doesn't lift them to greater heights like the aforementioned tracks.

Now then, where is Mental Triplex 2? The unreleased tracks on Mindspheres live sets are something to behold.

Also please, for the love of god, release Mindsphere - Mindphoria!

• 3 weeks later...

Track list:

1. Back To The Roots

2. Inevitable Delusion
3. Melodramatic
4. Beyond The Illusion
5. Mental Processor
6. Zygote
7. Alinside
8. Tears Of Godess
10. Photosynthesis

It's a GOOD album to say the least. Here's my brief breakdown.

1. Back To The Roots has an old-school, colorful, and juicy Goa sound that I love. The atmosphere is immersive too. Great track.

2. Inevitable Delusion is more exciting. The second half has a terrific stage of evolution that elevates and evolves the entire song. Unexpectedly catchy evolutions like that remind me of the debut to some degree, though I love the more positive sound here. This is one of my favourite tracks along with the opening so far. Great work! 

3. Melodramatic is where the album dips for me, at least compared to the first two tracks. The song's general foundation, direction feels somewhat repetitive and uninspired. The synth don't hook me. I feel like the song goes through the motions to some degree, or lacks something that made the first two feel so immersive and enjoyable.

4. Beyond The Illusion returns to the more colorful and traveling Goa sound. It could have developed a little more as it progresses, or had an event or two to add variety. The song showcases some beautiful work. I found the album's first two songs more engaging so far. 

5. Mental Processor is more mechanical sounding and exciting; it grows to be quite infectious with Goa streams (melodies) and complexity. Nice work! 

6. Zygote is another colorful, juicy track that showcases some tight mixing and complexity. It follows one set direction, but the layers keep coming, melting together into harmonious bliss. A keynote or some unexpected evolution later on a la FIlteria's In The Heaven's Eye song or Pleiadian's Alcyone to take things to the next level would have been amazing, but the unpredictable never happens, at least not to me. The song is vibrant nonetheless and should please melody lovers along with many songs on this album. 

7. Alinside hooks thanks to its skipping female and male vocals and hymns that add character. There's a fairly limited amount of sounds via feels as the song progresses, but the song develops, incorporating more melodies that are refreshing enough to avoid repetition. I would have loved to see more elevation of sound and/or evolution in the second half, or a beautiful ascending final act, something that takes it higher. Again, the song stands out with its skipping voice FX and sound work. Great track and one of my favourites! 

8. Tears Of Godess showcases some beautiful work and incorporates more of an ascending feel that I like. The first half at some point seems to become a little repetitive (the overall feel). Fortunately the second half is very catchy. The general direction feels homogenous, solid, and fairly predictable like many of the songs on this album. Overall I like the previous track more, and this is nice too.

9. Photosynthesis has a distinct sound, though as it progresses, it grows a little repetitive in sound to me. There's many nice ingredients. Again, an interlude along with numerous other tracks would have helped to accommodate fresh ingredients and development. What the artist did though is quite pleasant. I may be being too nit-picky here.

This is an extremely melodic Goa-Trance album that is bound to please many fans of the genre. Great job in that department. One of the wonderful things of Goa is being able to meet (sometimes exceed) your imagination as a music producer, via how far, exciting, unexpected, and/or engaging we can take something. In that sense, I'd love to hear more dynamic, unpredictable twists and turns, variety, and evolution as Morphic Resonance did via The City of Moons album. I was hoping for more dynamic, unexpected elements and interludes to increase development around the ultra-melodic approach that's beautiful, well done. One of my favourite parts is the second half of Inevitable Delusion because it shifts the entire song to refreshingly new and catchier IMO terrain; it's more evolutionary in that regard. That said, the song's do develop and quite nicely. A part of me misses the more intergalactic approach and style of the debut, yet I love the artist's more vibrationally-raising work. It's so juicy; the melodies really pop and engage and in that sense, this will please many Goa enthusiasts. Overall I love the ultra-melodic approach and would love to hear more evolution and variety in direction on the next one. And to each their own! It's a passionate product with excellent production/mastering to say the least. 

FAVORITES: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7

Sample / Order

https://www.suntriprecords.com/product/item/SUNCD39/

I'm surprised you didn't like it that much. For example the critic of Zygote to me feels out of place to me because of the melody that arrives at 4:40 just decimates and lifts the track up on higher levels. I don't feel it would need anything else, the melodies do it alone. In general too I think the melody work is what makes this one work so well. However I can kinda see where you're coming from, just don't agree with.

Album of the year for me. Powerful celestial melodies.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

MINDSPHERE - Mental Triplex - Presence / Suntrip Records' Review

In this Wonderful Release of Melodic Cosmic Goa Trance, MINDSPHERE lead You with an Original Research in a Psychedelic Trip from Earth to Clouds then beyond with a Stellar Voyage accross the Universe.

This Symphonic & Emotional Release is Very Rich with a combination of Old & New School Tunes, even a few PsyTrance & Downtempo ones are used compose Very Nice Stories with Twisted Modern & Oriental Melodies that give You Various Feelings as Happyness & Sadness, a touch of Acid Tunes & Various Kick Bass Lines that give You Powerful Cosmic Ascents on most of the Tracks.

By the way, I admire the work of MINDSPHERE on this album because it is a Clear Full Emotional Story at itself. I'm going to define You the Compositions & my Feelings about each then.

Anyway, I can say what I hear with my ADAM A8X & my SEINHEISER HD598 the Production (Analog + Digital combined) is Very Clean & the Mastering either, it is Sincerely a Real Pleasure.

1/ Back To The Roots :

This Track refers to the first Old School Melodic Goa style with Symphonic Twisted & Hashed Modern Melodies here, Cosmic Acid Sounds with Positive Energy & Kick Bass Lines from this Age with the Clearness of nowaday.

MINDSPHERE introduces here the landscape with the problem which seems in my opinion an irritating uncertainty that is oscillating between the positive & the negative side, like a game You can win or loose.

2/ Inevitable Dilusion :

This Track is a Melancholic & Lightly Oriental Twisted Modern Cosmic (Acid) Melodic Goa Trance also based on Old School Kick Bass Lines. The Energy is not much valued there, globally from the beginning till the end it is Flat enough althought there are a few small ascents.

In my opinion it represents the evils that issues from the previous uncertainty but with a little kind of hope, it is oscillating from zero to the negative side. There is a reply there that lecture which accuses the fate of this disappointment.

3/ Melodramatic :

This Track is the "Darkest" one, it is a Melancholic Twisted Cosmic (Acid) Melodic Goa Trance with Old School Trebles based on New School Kick Bass Lines and a few additional Tribal & PsyTrance Sounds. As the previous one the Energy is not much there compared to the Positive Tracks.

In my opinion it represents the sadness at the bottom of the disappointement assimilated to a drama, it is a depression, it is oscillating in the negative side but there is a glimmer of hope that makes it closer to zero sometimes, the doubt is too pronounced.

4/ Beyond The Illusion :

This Track is a Very Rich Original Melodic Acid Cosmic Goa Trance with a Combination of Various Kinds of Melodies (Deep, Twisted, Symphonic, Hached, ...), with various voices modulated as a "Robot" & a Deep Hached "Choral" ones, based on Original New School Kick Bass Lines. The Energy is increasing slowly there.

In my opinion, this is the cure, an outside help that advise & give a lesson, by giving the knowledge to be reassured ; the positive side gets over progressively.

5/ Mental Processor :

This Track is a Twisted Melodic (Several Kinds) Oriental Cosmic (Acid) Goa Trance based on Original New School Kick Bass Lines with Oscillating Trebles, Flat enough all along under a Little Pronounced Kick Line compared to the Bass one.

In my opinion, this is the reflexion, the analysis with the previous information to get the own discernment about the good & the bad ; the reason for being.

6/ Zygote :

This Track is the most Powerful of the Album whose the style is Melodic Cosmic Acid Goa Trance with a New School Kick Bass Lines the Bass is stuck to the Kick as on PsyTrance Full On & with Oscillating & Hashed Various Melodic & Acid Trebles than invole a Global Energetic Ascent from the debut until the end.

In my opinion, this is the arrival of the solution that implies the joy, so it the growth ; the positive energy is at its top level.

7/ Alinside : (Ali Inside & All Inside)

This Track is also an Very Rich Original Combination with Various kinds of Melodies (Modulated Electric Guitar, Organ, ...), the Richest ("All Inside") to make a Symphonic Deep Cosmic Acid Melodic Goa Trance with a Soft Woman & a "NASA Lancer Control Tower" Man Voices & New School Kick Bass Lines.

In my opinion, this is the prosperity, the sustainability, strength & equilibrium in all kinds of Love, the positive is at its constant standing.

8/ Tears Of Goddess :

This Track is an Oriental Cosmic Acid (Astral) Twisted (Hashed) Melodic Goa Trance with an Emotional Woman Songs with one Hashed & Deep Sounds listenable on some Downtempo Tracks based on an Old School Kick Line & a New School Bass Line stuck to the Kick as on PsyTrance Full On.

In my opinion, these are the tears of Joy, a positive depression by reminding the long & hard way to dominate all these agonies to fulfill the goal.

9/ Photosynthesis :

This Track is a Cosmic (Acid & Astral) Twisted Melodic based on New School Kick Bass Lines. It is a Global Flat Oscillating Melodic Trip with some ponctual Cosmic Acid Ascents the Level Increments Progressively during the Track.

In my opinion this is the happy end with lots of Peace, Love & Light that is deserved due to the mental that allowed to succeed in this experience ; justice is done.

To conclude, this Release is an Unavoidable one for all the Passionate of Goa Trance & given the talent of MINDSPHERE, hopefully the 2 next Releases in Other Styles of Goa Trance that are arriving soon on Suntrip Records to fill the trilogy will be either Master Pieces to own.