What keeps you posting on this forums?

Purple Sunray

I accidentally opened this forums again after a long break and started reading some of the new posts.

One question came to my mind while reading through it, which I would really like to understand:

There has nothing really changed since I visited to page the last time, but is why I wonder about that there are still the (same?) ppl around, still posting the same stuff.

Complains about shitty new release, complains about fucked up psytrance scene, complains about (sub-)genre xy, some flame-war seasoned with personal insults.

A lot of users in here seem to not like psytrance/goa/whatever (electronic 4/4-on-the-floor BOOM BOOM with 1/16 bass and psychedelic synth in it).

Also they seem to not like the psytrance scene, nor other users in here. Informative threads are very rare, funny threads not existent, serious discussions turn to flame-war asap. ect.

I mean.. it doesn't look like fun, or is it?

So what keeps you posting in here?

(no wind-up, really want to know it)

For me Psynews is still number one place to go and check some new album annoucements or reviews. Truth to be told, there hasn't been so much interesting topics in general psytrance sub-forum recently, but it's good to see that this forum still lives and brings at least some new topics and new users who are giving their input. Even Facebook is slowly taking over, I still prefer to keep my presence on forums and Psynews is probably the best place to promote new releases or to discover something good.

• Like 1

@ Purple Sunray

You are wrong, I believe the majority of the regular users here really love this music. If they believe something is shitty why not say it?

A lot of good releases receive positive feedback, so the one who wanted to complain is you :D

> If they believe something is shitty why not say it?

hmm mk.

That was actually my point - they do complain and also say it :D

I left the forum because it was almost impossible to talk about a music topic w/o ppl jumping in immediately to inform you about that this style/genre/artist/synth is shit and it should be forbidden to listen to it.

> A lot of good releases receive positive feedback, so the one who wanted to complain is you

You mean that thread? Or were did I complain about music other people listening to?

This thread was not about to complain, just out of curiosity.

I'm a guy that just stops doing something if it annoys me, rather than complaining.

So no.. no complaining about this forum, I don't care enough about to complain..

Feel free to continue as usual, I'm gone again anyhow after reading responses to this thread :D

no need to change anything cuz of me ;)

It is only forum that i visit and truly enjoy. Let's say i grow up here :D Helped me a lot about music, i learnt a lot of stuff here. I had fun. I met great people in real life thanks to this forum.

But main reason why i keep posting is waiting for Radi and NHJO to come back! Few days ago NHJO wrote me on facebook asking me if i am goapsy CEO of world and Suntrip records! I can't wait for his BIG return here with huge plans for scene :D

• Like 5

I got tired of lurking for well over a decade, so have just recently started posting.

But main reason why i keep posting is waiting for Radi and NHJO to come back! Few days ago NHJO wrote me on facebook asking me if i am goapsy CEO of world and Suntrip records! I can't wait for his BIG return here with huge plans for scene :D

Most definitely this! :D

Dude you are friends with him on facebook.? :o Lucky you!

Positive news.

Good releases.

Surprises.

Goa. :)

If you think most of the posts here are derogatory toward psytrance I think you're either reading a selective bit of posts or just getting the wrong impression. Why would people come here if not to talk about the music they like? Granted, there are a couple bad apples who come back periodically just to troll, but I think most people here are fans.

Also, a lot of people here are quite passionate about some particular sub-genre, and this typically breeds passionate dislike of other sub-genres. It doesn't mean they don't like psy in general, it just means they have strong opinions.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

many reasons:

1. the love of psytrance

2. surprisingly alot of intelligent people here

3. people here have mostly very good taste

4. many people here are very knowledgable on the subject, whatever the subject might be

5. its fun to share favorite tracks with others and equally fun to take part in the sharing of others favorite tracks

6. its a "nerdy" thing to discuss the many subtetlies of goatrance, why one track is better than another and so forth - and that is just very entertaining.

7. the mods are great

8. i feel at home

9. i feel comfortable sharing my opinion on things even if the opinion might be strange or against the norm. i.e people will not "attack" others for having different opinions. So basically, a friendly environment. Its even better over the past years.

10. its just a special place for me in general, but thats personal and has little to do with psynews as such, but still a very strong reason as to why I, choose to be active here.

Regarding the very few haters and "trolls" - its such a small percentage and its rarely even seen. And when it do happen - its always handled in a proper way.

Might have been different in the past but its only the now that matters.

• Like 5

many reasons:

1. the love of psytrance

2. surprisingly alot of intelligent people here

3. people here have mostly very good taste

4. many people here are very knowledgable on the subject, whatever the subject might be

5. its fun to share favorite tracks with others and equally fun to take part in the sharing of others favorite tracks

6. its a "nerdy" thing to discuss the many subtetlies of goatrance, why one track is better than another and so forth - and that is just very entertaining.

7. the mods are great

8. i feel at home

9. i feel comfortable sharing my opinion on things even if the opinion might be strange or against the norm. i.e people will not "attack" others for having different opinions. So basically, a friendly environment. Its even better over the past years.

10. its just a special place for me in general, but thats personal and has little to do with psynews as such, but still a very strong reason as to why I, choose to be active here.

Regarding the very few haters and "trolls" - its such a small percentage and its rarely even seen. And when it do happen - its always handled in a proper way.

Might have been different in the past but its only the now that matters.

Everything he said! +

Plus everything I know about psy-trance (goa trance in particular) came from this site. Great reviews, people who are happy to ,when asked, recommend a bunch of awesome albums and help you in any way. I have been a member for just 2 months but I have never encountered such hate-trains and flame wars.

There was one thread "Why psy-trance has become shit" but its all based on fact, not hatred.

I accidentally opened this forums again after a long break and started reading some of the new posts.

One question came to my mind while reading through it, which I would really like to understand:

There has nothing really changed since I visited to page the last time, but is why I wonder about that there are still the (same?) ppl around, still posting the same stuff.

Complains about shitty new release, complains about fucked up psytrance scene, complains about (sub-)genre xy, some flame-war seasoned with personal insults.

A lot of users in here seem to not like psytrance/goa/whatever (electronic 4/4-on-the-floor BOOM BOOM with 1/16 bass and psychedelic synth in it).

Also they seem to not like the psytrance scene, nor other users in here. Informative threads are very rare, funny threads not existent, serious discussions turn to flame-war asap. ect.

I mean.. it doesn't look like fun, or is it?

So what keeps you posting in here?

(no wind-up, really want to know it)

I disagree with everything you said. Most people that I've been in contact with here are lovers of psy-trance; This forum is all about informative threads (reviews for EVERY friggin' album); This never was a place I come to have a laugh, but I have nonetheless and I havent seen a single flame war. Arguments do get fiesty but they are always fair and never become personally offensive.

It is only forum that i visit and truly enjoy. Let's say i grow up here :D Helped me a lot about music, i learnt a lot of stuff here. I had fun.

That sums it up pretty well for my part aswell. And I find it still very enjoyable here -- the replies to the initial question so far speak for themselves :)

And drama, yes, you'll never be able to eradicate that ... however, earlier I thought that the 'drama amount' is higher on psynews, but meanwhile I think it's lower here than outside of it...