Label: Suntrip Records

Date: November, 20015

1. Night Visitors

2. Sleep Paralysis

3. Distorted Visions

4. Nineve (Remix)

5. Katharsis

ABKUuQI.gif

2015 was a superb year for goa trance with labels like DAT Records dropping the Pleiadians 3-disc holy grail, a 2-disc Doof release, as well as the Opale EP (seriously, check it out it's awesome), Neogoa released so many good albums for free that I'm just gonna give you a link to their treasure trove, and last but certainly not least Suntrip. They made a big splash in the old school pool by turning out classic albums by Asia 2001, Denshi Danshi, and a disc of Prana Remixes not to mention an album by superstars Celestial Intelligence and a legendary compilation called Aurora Sidera.

Not one to rest on their laurels they deliver an EP from an artist that rules the goa kingdom. E-mantra threw 5 tracks together as his self described darker, more progressive goa trance project Night Hex. His style is instantly recognizable as the tracks delve into a hypnotic reverie. It's slower bpms which makes me wonder how you're supposed to dance to this.

6opJbdD.gif

Pretty sure that's, uh...that's just f*cking awkward. Maybe you aren't and I sure didn't, but I can tell you that I had to listen to this over one hundred times because Mr. Melodies has the ability to make the mind take a vacation. His music is seamless and slowing down the bpm is akin to slowing time as I drift from one lead to another. The remix of Nineve is downright sinister. Fans of his music will not be disappointed as the attention to detail and atmosphere creation is what you would expect from your goa overlord.

Suntrip

Psyshop

Beatspace

First of all when I listened to it I was a bit WTF?? I remember that Suntrip promised us a new wave of night-oriented acidic goa, and somehow I thought this would be it, given the name and cover... However it is not at all the case, which, after a few more listens, I have decided is not necessarily a bad thing.

I would describe it as some sort of crossblend between newschool and progressive, I get what Trance2MoveU is saying with the dancing bit although in reality the music FEELS slower than it really is (BPM-wise we are pretty much in the 120-130 BPM range aka progressive territory) . Personally I find that the intro track is the PERFECT track for driving in the evening and watching the sun set... the kind of track you listen to and start wandering off, forgetting you're listening to something in the first place, feeling wierd and then all of a sudden once it's over you just realized almost 10 minutes have passed without realizing it. I must admit that I haven't felt that in a LONG time!

I must admit that while listening to it the term "new beat" came to mind: the long lost art of playing 45 RPM records at 33, giving it a hypnotic feel... maybe the evolution in music has come around full circle again? I would be happy if it did. :)

First of all when I listened to it I was a bit WTF?? I remember that Suntrip promised us a new wave of night-oriented acidic goa, and somehow I thought this would be it, given the name and cover...

Yes, I can imagine, the cover is maybe pretty dark compared to the music, but thats the artists choice of course. The acidic more nightish albums are now coming :) Next Toi Doi and then Morphic Resonance :)

• 4 months later...

What an album, Wow ! E-Mantra delivers again. But for me this is more of a Day album than a Night album. Its been on repeat play on my player during my morning drive to work for the last month.

• 1 year later...