Top 3 most psychedic goa albums in your opinion?

MrAnarchy

In short, for me 'psychedelic' means that the main driving force are rhythms, sound patterns, textures & effects NOT really melodies and those albums have plenty of that.

I'd have to agree, although that doesn't mean I don't also like melodic goa.

For me (today anyway):

Hallucinogen - Twisted

Etnica - Live in Athens 1996

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

Given your age, I'm surprised by the amount of time you spend here!!! I remember when I was your age :) books babes and Buddha's (as AP says ) By 19, the order was completely reversed :lol: :lol:

Its somewhat the same for me but goa has become a hobby in some sense. And gotta admit, it feels very weird knowing that you are the only one in almost whole generation of people around me that even knows what goa trance is.

When people ask me "what music do you listen to?" and I answer, they are all like "What the hell is that?!" and that is why I spend a lot of time here. Love this forum cause people here actually know the music Im talking about! :lol:

Slinky Nuns - Shitty Stick is a very psychedelic track for me for an example. I love good acid. Melodies too, but they are not such a psy factor in goa IMO

• Like 1

@Antic - 40? now I feel a bit better :D

Edit - I remember reading an article which said, 40 is the age when you achieve most of your goals. So all is well :)

That's right - I feel pretty happy with what I've achieved in life so far, but on the other hand you also start to realise there's so many opportunities, things, career choices, etc. you won't be able to try anymore, simply because ...life is short. For example, I was always a hobby programmer, with particular interest in 3D graphics but I KNOW I won't have time to go deeper into that - and God, it IS a deep topic nowadays - because of my current job, family, etc. The same with writing music - I was very active in 1995-2000, but since starting full time job I couldn't finish a single tune. Not that I regret it, but somehow I always thought I will find time for those things, but now I see it may not happen.

Anyway guys, please carry on with your optimistic, careless lives while you still can ;):D

EDIT: added a link to my music from old days ^^^ :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, this is a difficult one.

For me Psychedelic is being able to take me on a journey so I find the albums that flow and trippy music end up being very psychedelic.

Pleidians - Family of Light

Sandman - Witchcraft

Eat Static - Prepare your Spirit

GNotR - Rock Bitch Mafia

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

Various Artists - Thirteen Crystal Skulls (both)

Shpongle - Are You Shpongle?

Oh and so much more....