Top 3 most psychedic goa albums in your opinion?

MrAnarchy

I'm really impressed with what K.U.R.O. has done over the years. Tokyo Tekno Tribe were Kuro, Masa, and Charm... along with resident Equinox DJ Kuni. I thought initially that it would be Masa that would have the stronger trance over the years... but it was actually Kuro who ended up being the one I preferred.

I'm really impressed with what K.U.R.O. has done over the years. Tokyo Tekno Tribe were Kuro, Masa, and Charm... along with resident Equinox DJ Kuni. I thought initially that it would be Masa that would have the stronger trance over the years... but it was actually Kuro who ended up being the one I preferred.

I prefer KURO over Masa too. May be because I've not spent much time on with Masa's albums. I really like Revolution and the Vision of Mars title track :D one of the gems in my collection. That cover <3

• Like 1

I prefer KURO over Masa too. May be because I've not spent much on with Masa's albums. I really like Revolution and the Vision of Mars title track :D one of the gems in my collection. That cover <3

I'm talking before the release of their first albums. Their initial singles (Revolution for Kuro and Super-G & Dalai Lama for Masa) and the first TTT compilation (Tokyo Tekno Tribe).

Once their albums came out, I found Kuro to have the trance that I preferred over all.

• Like 1

The ones mentioned here by far... but I want to show at least 2 compilations that are completely out of this world:

VA - Psy harmonics 3 : Hacking the Reality Myth

VA - Schizm

Total psychedelic tweaked wicked stuff...

^True!! The Aussies provided :P

and this is too hard, will probably change my heart many times per day... haha.

Orichalcum & The Deviant is also very psychedelic

Indeed. And Orichalcrum Live is also a fantastic CD.

Well it's hard to pick only 3 releases, since a lot of Goa trance production back than in mid '90s was more psychedelic indeed, especially in terms of storytelling, production technique(s), fresh ideas and sound sculpturing. My pick isn't related to the favorite albums published, but for sure I consider these three albums to be highly innovative, weird and psychedelic among other releases from that era, at least in my personal definition of what psychedelic trance-dance music is.

Pleiadians - Family Of Light

Sandman - Witchcraft

Battle Of The Future Buddhas - Twin Sharkfins

I like this list a lot!

It's really too hard to pick a top 3 psychedelic albums... And it could change every day again, maybe even depending on the hour of the day...

Pleiadians - IFO (Nothing will ever beat the majesty of this psychedelic space opera Magnum Opus)

MFG - Project Genesis (WHY?)

Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Rock Bitch Maffia (still remember tripping to this album in a mate's flat, hi-la-ri-ous!!!!! Klunk is like 'WTF IS THIS SOME KIND OF JO... OMFG THATS GOOD')

Like I said, this could be different tomorrow :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not in the top 3 but if we are looking at the last 5 years only then I think Jikooha - Sirius rising is one of the most psychedelic. Listen to track "Mindgate to the hyperspace".

Good one! I never thought of looking for quality goa albums past ~2005 (Ra is an exception).

Probably not in the top 3 but if we are looking at the last 5 years only then I think Jikooha - Sirius rising is one of the most psychedelic. Listen to track "Mindgate to the hyperspace".

Good tip! I wasn't really impressed by the tracks I already knew, but that's pretty good.

Eraser vs Yöjalka - Round1

on the border to Goa Trance and very psychedelic :P

Yamabikaya - The Arrival

just plain trippiness....

Battle Of The Future Buddhas - Twin Sharkfins

well... extraterrestrials *\ :wacko:\*

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ive gone back to IFO and well... gotta say that after listening so much more albums and listening to IFO again, i realised that I overrated it. Now I would give it a 6, maybe 6.5/10. Maia and Celaeno are the only tracks I care for on the album. The rest is meh IMO.

Instead of IFO I would probably add Cosmosis' Retro Volumes I and II.

Ive gone back to IFO and well... gotta say that after listening so much more albums and listening to IFO again, i realised that I overrated it. Now I would give it a 6, maybe 6.5/10. Maia and Celaeno are the only tracks I care for on the album. The rest is meh IMO.

Instead of IFO I would probably add Cosmosis' Retro Volumes I and II.

However, you have to take into consideration the time the album was released. Now everyone sounds like Pleiadians, it wasn't the case back then though.

Well I cant take it into consideration since I wasnt alive back then to hear it. No matter the release date, there are some of the oldest releases that I rate with 10. I got bored halfway so much that it started to annoy me. Nevertheless, Maia is one of the best tracks I've ever heard!

• Like 1

Well I cant take it into consideration since I wasn't alive back then to hear it.

Damn, this made me feel old (I'm turning 40 later this year)... :(

On topic, I'd say:

- Koxbox "Dragon Tales"

- Psychopod "Headlines E.P."

- Hallucinogen "The Lone Deranger"

- Cosmosis "Synergy"

In short, for me 'psychedelic' means that the main driving force are rhythms, sound patterns, textures & effects NOT really melodies and those albums have plenty of that.

• Like 2

Well I cant take it into consideration since I wasnt alive back then to hear it. No matter the release date, there are some of the oldest releases that I rate with 10. I got bored halfway so much that it started to annoy me. Nevertheless, Maia is one of the best tracks I've ever heard!

Mate, at 18 you'll be bored by everything except for the nasty ;):P

Given your age, I'm surprised by the amount of time you spend here!!! I remember when I was your age :) books babes and Buddha's (as AP says ) By 19, the order was completely reversed :lol: :lol:

You have a great time ;) cheers

@Antic - 40? now I feel a bit better :D

Edit - I remember reading an article which said, 40 is the age when you achieve most of your goals. So all is well :)