Bandagor - Accessing Dawn Surge Rituals (Oldschool Goa Trance)

bandagor

Hello everybody,

This is the dj set I played on january 24th 2016 at "Amanita Muscaria & Tricky: The Flight of the Sacred Rhino" at 6 am, after a live set by Darshan and before the closing set by dj Anoebis.
I tried to create a story by building up from Flying Rhino style psychedelica to morning melodies.
It was mixed on 2 x CDJ1000 and a DJM800. I hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/bandagor/accessing-dawn-surge-rituals-1

Tracklist:
Syb Unity Nettwerk - Limited Access To The Files 
Slinky Wizard - Slick Witch
Slinky Wizard - Cosmic Energy
Sound Pollution - Double Click
Encens - Spiritual Transgression
Zero To Nine - Jericho
Miranda - Concorde (Transportation Mix)
Jaïa - Orphee
Aeon - Terminus
Aeon - Osho
Gene joke - Storm
Hyperion - Sunflower
Man With No Name - Own The World
Deep Blue - Water
Future Prophecy - Indra

• Like 2

Nice mixing, the recording sounds kind of lo-fi though.

Thank you dear sir, for taking the time to listen and giving feedback. Much appreciated. :)

As for the lo-fi recording: the sound went from the mixer, through an external sound card, to my laptop, that was running Audacity to record. Since it was the first time I recorded a set, I might have used less than ideal settings. Any advice on how to improve the sound quality is welcome. :)

More feedback on the set itself, from all you lurking goaheads, would be nice too.

^_^

I'll give it a listen later today. I have a furniture delivery so I'm off for the day. (Yay!)

Ok, I concur with Rotwang. The mixing is good, the track selection is nice, but the sound quality is in need of some TLC.

Definitely record it as a wav, and try to record with less signal coming from your mixer (lower the volume output). You can then adjust the levels in audacity (or Soundforge) afterwards. See if that can make the sound a bit more crystal.

I'll give it a listen later today. I have a furniture delivery so I'm off for the day. (Yay!)

Ok, I concur with Rotwang. The mixing is good, the track selection is nice, but the sound quality is in need of some TLC.

Definitely record it as a wav, and try to record with less signal coming from your mixer (lower the volume output). You can then adjust the levels in audacity (or Soundforge) afterwards. See if that can make the sound a bit more crystal.

That is helpfull feedback. Thanks!

I recorded in full quality and converted the wav to an mp3 in order to get a downloadable set that is not too big in size. I had already lowered the incoming volume in Audacity to 70%, but I guess that wasn't sufficient. I will try to adjust the volume in Audacity and see if I can get a better result. I noticed the db meter gets in the red too often. And next time I'll lower the incoming volume even more. :)

Would it be wise to use a limiter while recording?

Also: have fun with the new furniture. I hope it's not a DIY kit. :D

• Like 1

Would it be wise to use a limiter while recording?

Better to just lower the levels than use a limiter. You want as much of the pure signal as possible.

Also: have fun with the new furniture. I hope it's not a DIY kit. :D

Was a DIY coffee table for the living room. It was a bit of a PITA to build, but is now sorted and fulfilling its sole function in this world.

• 2 weeks later...

Better to just lower the levels than use a limiter. You want as much of the pure signal as possible.

Well, I recorded another mix, and I lowered the incoming signal to 45%.

I think it has done the trick.

I'll try to post it later today.

Thanks again for the tips.

^_^