Zion 604 | V/A - Acid disco Compiled by THE SQUARE

Don't worry, Zion604 was always doing it like that - don't know why. Also, recently they hired Arabesque to distribute their CDs, so it will be available in Psyshop.com, etc. (http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/zio/zio1cd012.html)

Still, I love Bandcamp and imagine labels are getting bigger profit share (compard to Psyshop, etc), so I purchased my copy there :-)

Yeah I realised that :D they made me buy Robotized and ReMind as only copy of each was left and now there are so many! :P good strategy.

• Like 1

And also, I've heard that Bandcamp eats a good amount of share too. Recently Ishq stopped selling on Bandcamp for the same reason.

Well, they need to pay for site maintenance & bandwidth, so I can imagine they charge something obviously. I however don't think Zion604 has their own webshop (like Suntrip or Hado have), so I figured it's the best way to support them. Would love to get some clarity on who charges what, although I suspect it varies by label, print size, etc.

And also, I've heard that Bandcamp eats a good amount of share too. Recently Ishq stopped selling on Bandcamp for the same reason.

That is true. Based on the item price, you have to pay 10% of revenue without including tax, shipping, etc. Even tho I consider Bandcamp to be really good service and very reliable + their support is great. However, in long terms it's hard to have everything exclusivley on Bandcamp. I hope we will be able to make our own shop, until than Bandcamp and Suntrip shop will do the work. Regarding the digital it's 15% but it can be lowered to 10% if you get 5k in sales (based on their pricing list).

• Like 1

That is true. Based on the item price, you have to pay 10% of revenue without including tax, shipping, etc. Even tho I consider Bandcamp to be really good service and very reliable + their support is great. However, in long terms it's hard to have everything exclusivley on Bandcamp. I hope we will be able to make our own shop, until than Bandcamp and Suntrip shop will do the work. Regarding the digital it's 15% but it can be lowered to 10% if you get 5k in sales (based on their pricing list).

Thanks for the info Rich.. I can see how tough it's for a small label. No wonder Virtual took out their physical stuff from Bandcamp. You have your site up so what's stopping you from selling from over there.? Traffic?

I'm on off topic train today :D sorry Zion604 hope you don't mind

Thanks for the info! 10-15% isn't - relatively - that much? I think Apple charges 30% in appstore / iTunes? I'm pretty sure psyshop / beatspace take similar cut for their service.

Sorry for offtopic, but I will just reply to Stark and Antic, even tho moderator could split this discussion in other thread or something.

Thanks for the info Rich.. I can see how tough it's for a small label. No wonder Virtual took out their physical stuff from Bandcamp. You have your site up so what's stopping you from selling from over there.? Traffic?
I'm on off topic train today :D sorry Zion604 hope you don't mind

You're welcome :) It's not tough to be honest, if you're doing this whole thing without aiming to have some noticable profit. Our idea from the early day is to offer some sort of physical releases in very limited number to people who wanna have that music on hardcopy and to be able to cover our costs. Thank God, so far it's good and all extra money has been invested in next release, and mastering, internet presence (hosting, SoundCloud, promotion, etc.). It's self-sustaining organisam who breeds thanks to the people who are supporting our idea and music. However, our own shop would make things much more flexible and we could save some extra money, but it's not a mandatory thing, especially now when we have pretty much tight digital release schedule and a lot of work on our website, social networks and events featuring musicians from our netlabel.

Thanks for the info! 10-15% isn't - relatively - that much? I think Apple charges 30% in appstore / iTunes? I'm pretty sure psyshop / beatspace take similar cut for their service.

It doesn't look that much if you compare it with other similar services, however, I'm not familair with any of mentioned so I'm sure other guys who are more seriously into this kind of buissness might give their feedback.

Once again, sorry for off-topic.

dear friends
before all - thank you very much for support and buying our music . its not an obious thing for us .

i would like to clear few points :
for the strategy of sale : there is no strategy :) we put 50 copies as a pre - sale copies in 8 euros . after this period of time, the price will be higher . thats the reason you see the copies left . those are the number of copies left in 8 euros for pre sale .

for dowloading the music : we try to prevent the music to be available for pirate downloading .
in our last album, the music became available in all the popular pirate sites - one week before the release date ! we made the music available for downloading in every album of us, but in our last album we suffered a real damage from that .

after the release date , every customer who bought the album in a pre sale - will get a link in of the whole album in a WAV format .

thank you again for your understand and support !

Yeah, I know WHY you delay it but it doesn't make the wait easier :P

Too bad that the Skizologic CD - I guess that was the last one? - was so heavily pirated, as it was one of the best albums released in this genre last year! At least I hope this gave you enough exposure that future releases of his and the lablel will be more succesful (financially, I mean). You fully deserve it!

Good luck with the release Zion brothers, you have our full support! And for the Europeans, it will be in our shop next week :)

Bandcamp takes 15% + you pay some extra % on your paypal payment... so lets say 18%, and then, in Belgium, you pay 21% tax over this amount... So on a cd of 10€, so in the end you get 6.5€ for a sold cd of 10€... Just to give some insight... Probably the same with other labels, although I am not sure about those 21% in other countries... :)

For Suntrip it is VITAL to buy in the Suntrip shop, so we get at least 8€ out of each sold cd...

• Like 2

Dear Buddies,

a little short message to you all, the Acid Disco compilation is now officially OUT !

12806249_10209009100448123_1175003113609

and that means:

1. that you can now buy it in the digital method - full length tracks for immediate download in any format you wish :)

2. all of you that bought and pre-ordered the CD , can now download the files and if the option is now working you're welcome to send us a private message to 604zion@gmail.com and
we will send you the files.

3. have crazy fun with it :P

https://zion604records.bandcamp.com/

We preserve 604 music ! With big respect, Zion 604 family .

• Like 1

It's here, my precious :P

Mine still isn't but I'm sure it gets here any day now :)

The only "bad" thing I can say about the V/A is that different artists start to sound too much alike, just like Nano, Bom Shanka or Wildthings artists are - seems they share the sound presets, samples, mastering templates between eachother. But the music is sublime :wub:

• Like 1

Yes, just like that. This really is a proper way of doing modern goa trance. Check yo self (Cube) :D , leave some space inside the music for active human brains, stay away from overproducing your tracks. Some tracks almost sound too minimalistic on this VA at certain points but just almost. Excellent music, keep em coming Zion604.

• Like 1