hello everyone

just like last year, i've noticed that i've picked up much less downtempo music than uptempo this year. seeing that most of my favourite releases were recommended in last year's thread, i've decided to open a new one for 2015. i guess it will also be useful to others in preparation for the upcoming best of 2015 poll.

so what are your favourite downtempo/psychill/psydub albums/compilations from 2015?

i'll start off with:

Ott - Fairchildren (not quite as good as his previous albums, but it's still ott)

Illuminus - Sweep Dreams (psydub with half of hux flux. similar to globular but more consistent/not as daring)

Phobium - Khronikos (downtempo, one 50min long track)

Biosphere has re-issued almost all his releases on CD.

Some Ambient

Ishq + Material Object - Invisible Light

Mick Chillage - Pixels II , III (not sure which one I like more)

Mind Over MIDI - Deep Map

ASC - Fervent Dream

Mick Chillage - Infinite Perspectives

Siavash Amini - Subsiding

Autumn Of Communion - Autumn Of Communion 6

David Cross, Robert Fripp - Starless Starlight

You like Technoish Ambient Padmapani.? If yes,

Recondite - Placid

Phase 90 - Infinitati

Refractions I and Refractions II from No. records - Now these are daaark and pretty awesome EP's!

In-between - Hior Chronik and Arovane

( Through The Spirit Realm - Refracted -- sorry 2014 again! But what a stellar release!! )

Theia - Markus Guetener

Aquatic System - Multicast Dynamics

Not sure whether you are looking for these, hope you find some to your liking :)

Considered to last year, this one is short I guess. Why Sir? Why?

Maybe there was less good downtempo released in 2015? Or I got my hands on less good downtempo in 2015.

Bluetech - Space Hop Chronicles Vol 1

2014 :P

Edited by Paul Eye

May I suggest you take a look at the 2014 suggestions aswell :)

lol thats asking too much, when it comes to ambient and chill out i take my time. Maybe ill get around to it in the year 2022 or something. :D

I still listen to solar quest - orgisms, entheogenics first three albums, and misc. stuff like shpongle, doof, ott, etc. all from 1998-2005.

Im still only 35% into Aes Dana and about 60% into Aural Planet - my two favorites so far.

..but for some reason I dont particularily like Asura. Speed that stuff up to 140+ bpm sure, but the way it is now, nope.

edit: sure, I have some favorites from the current time period too, like Eat Static - Sands of time (AWESOME) and alot of other random stuff from Alien Mutation, Grey area, MOS FET, and more.

bluetech didnt do it for me..

this is my current list, and yeah, it needs to be filled up, most definetely.

current.jpg

and yeah, i pirate music. so sue me. i live off of 1000 euro each month how the fuck u excpect me to pay rent, pay off my debt (almost 500 euro each month) eat, AND buy music.

but once i get proper money, ill buy everything i pirated and thats a promise.

No Carbon Based Lifeforms!! Why?

its in there somewhere, I have their full discogs. .... or I decided they were whack and deleted them. Not sure. Im not the same when it comes to chill out as when it comes to trance.

Trance - I collect everything... Chill out - I only want the BEST OF THE BEST.

Which bluetech are you talking about? Spacehop? It's OK. With a nice cover (on vinyl the large sleeve looks nice :D )

Not sure. all I think. Havent really given them a proper chance yet though.

its in there somewhere, I have their full discogs. .... or I decided they were whack and deleted them. Not sure. Im not the same when it comes to chill out as when it comes to trance.

Trance - I collect everything... Chill out - I only want the BEST OF THE BEST.

Not sure. all I think. Havent really given them a proper chance yet though.

You mean to say CBL are not in the "BEST OF THE BEST" category?

I don't like bluetech either, i prefer his works under Evan Bartholomew moniker

You mean to say CBL are not in the "BEST OF THE BEST" category?

Yeah.. I thnk thats how I felt when skimming thru their library.

Thats the only reason I can think of that they arent there anymore, cause I know I had their full discogs at one time.

Again when it comes to Trance I have a BROAD taste.

When it comes to chill out, its very very small.

Solar Fields, Entheogenic, Solar Quest, Aes Dana and Aural Planet - I havent found anything close to that yet.

Global Communication doesnt count, thats another league.

ah, paul eye saves the day again (and commits the night to the listening to lots of samples).

i'm halfway through the list, getting a small taste of the music. so far i've found hinkstep, locomotion, flowerz and floating planet. the last one is the best up to now (from skipping through the samples), but just like with "hallucinogen in dub - live" i don't quite know wheter i shall put it into the one of the electronic music or into a non-electronic music playlist ;)

@ap

try this one:

not all cbl is great, but there's a lot of great stuff to be found in their discography.

@starkraver

phase90 is not my cup of tea either. i perfer my chillout melodic, heavy in psy elements and preferably dub, downtempo trance or with some laid-back breakbeats.

but thanks anyway. someone else might like it. it's the downtempo thread for everyone :)

i'll get to the rest of your suggestions once i've sampled paul eye's list.

• 2 years later...

Sundial Aeon's SYMBOSIS album is beautiful!!!!!

I always miss some of the best DOWNTEMPO albums until the "Best of" thread appears!