the best of Progressive Trance.

astralprojection

Richi M - Wake Me Up (Extended Version) .. sorry about the video didnt find another with better sound quality on the tube

Binary Finary - 1999 (Paul Van Dyk Remix)

Loving Loop - Wake up Eternity (United Ravers Remix)

Planet Fuse - Silent Wishes [borderline Hardtrance]

Earthbound - Essence of life (Trance version) [borderline Acidtrance]

I have alot more but 5 vids at a time seems to be the limit.

* to clear up discrepencies recently brought to my attention about Progressive Trance from Manuser :

This is progressive trance.

Why?

Cause its trance, aka 4/4 beat, with a newfound choice of melodies, different styles of breakdowns, a more evolved version of the "ordinary" trance. Hence Progressive in its literal term. Progressive meaning evolved, "another version", and simply; New.

Ordinary trance being something like

System F - Out of the blue (Anthem trance)

Robert Miles - Children (Dream Trance)

...and millions of other.

Progressive Trance is a mix of eurotrance, eurodance, hardtrance, even acidtrance - and its important to know the difference at least if you take your hobby seriously like me.

Ive been a hardcore Trance fan since I was 10 years old.

I was born in 1982.

• Like 1

the only person i trust 100% on this forum to know genres is Padmapani, please back me up here :/

if not Ill concede Im wrong about what Progressive Trance is, and Ill go hide again for another year and come back with yet another username. While I know some of you would like that, dont show it - it'll just have the opposite effect. Ill stay even longer and harder. :P

Good idea to create a brand new thread about this, the other one was going off topic.

So here is a list of "progressive trance" posted at another forum (tranceaddict)

http://tranceaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=705581&perpage=12&forumid=1&pagenumber=1#.VppNC_krLIU

This is my definition of progressive trance, slower tempo, with more focus on basslines compared to early Ferry Corsten tracks, Paul Van Dyk etc. and it sounds close to progressive house but with melodies and often vocals.

I don't like progressive trance too much, I prefer classic trance of the 90's (progressive trance is more a style of 2000's).

if not Ill concede Im wrong about what Progressive Trance is

No need for that, it's just a fact that genre names aren't standardised everywhere, people often use them in different ways in different corners of cyber/real space.

• Like 1

Good idea to create a brand new thread about this, the other one was going off topic.

So here is a list of "progressive trance" posted at another forum (tranceaddict)

http://tranceaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=705581&perpage=12&forumid=1&pagenumber=1#.VppNC_krLIU

This is my definition of progressive trance, slower tempo, with more focus on basslines compared to early Ferry Corsten tracks, Paul Van Dyk etc. and it sounds close to progressive house but with melodies and often vocals.

I don't like progressive trance too much, I prefer classic trance of the 90's (progressive trance is more a style of 2000's).

both true and false,

most progressive trance was created from 1996-2000.

Absolutely Rotwang. In the end great music is great music. Back on topic, some nice tracks of progressive trance here http://tranceaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=710710&forumid=1&s=#.VppUTfkrLIU

most of that is Minimal Trance which incorporates dream trance and just general trance)

alot of people seem to have the wrong idea what progressive trance is, and i try my best to educate but seems i get nowhere.

This is what you get on youtube when you type progressive trance

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=progressive+trance

And this is what you get when you type uplifting trance

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uplifting+trance

What both you and me like more, is Uplifting trance or classic trance.

Saying Push - Universal nation is progressive trance is like saying Astral projection - Kabalah is progressive goa.

push - universal trance is defnately not progressive trance. Normal trance.

in the first mix is mostly Minimal Trance and Progressive House, but then again i just skimmed thru it.

the second mix is also void of progressive trance and filled with just what is says, anthem/euphoric trance.

i thought we stop argued about a few hours ago, though

The current Vocal Trance genre is filled with progressive trance though, alot of great classics in there, with some lovely mixed vocals on them and massive melodies.

For example, my fav Vocal Trance track hands down, just caused its Progressive Trance with vocals; (check out the climax at the 5 min mark, no cheese in sight)

and of course another one without vocals being the main attraction, just perfect: (also progressive trance) (climax around 4min)

Thats awesome. I discovered it in 2010 or 11, and have since also grown bore of it, while yet it had been my favorite for a very very long time. At least as far as Vocal Trance go. And I listen to ALOT of that when I grow bored of psychedelic music.

And trust me, that NEEDS to happen at least for 6 months in your life, haha, thats no joke.

If I dont have the spring and summer fairly goatrance free? I go freaking crazy, and that aint no lie either. I gotta save that shits until fall and winter man..

Haha, I wish i was lying.

but its funny to me now, being a part of HPPD, and part of my life, i just laugh at it.

and if i hear a track or two in summer, np i can usually get into the vibe just that my phone (my music player) is filled with vocal trance rather than goatrance.

/blog ended, sry, and yes, im thinking of starting a blog so that I dont spam this forum so much.

it has c r o s s e d m y m i n d. a few times.

bye!

• 2 months later...

another one straight classic if i didnt allready post it 10 min of bliss

extended version not found on utube is better :)

another definition of Progressive Trance

(i.e mixing alot more psychedelic sounds into it, making the "ordinary binary finary trance" sound dated. Hence Progressive which means basically, Forward."

Ill state my left nut if this dude werent ifnluenced by Astral and MWNN.

this is one of those rare 10/10 tracks for me btw.

from the genious above, Omnia, we have here another splendid definition of Progressive Trance.

This time without Vocal Trance involvement.

enjoy.

eargasms incoming.

but listen on spotify or whatever cause utube especially Chrome fucks up the sound something proper.

Internet Explorer actually has alot better sound but way too much bass.

I dunno.

Find it on a streaming site or download it. I guarantee on tracks like these, where stereo image and stuff like that is key - youtube especially on chrome, often doesnt play the correct version.

Just saying.

epitome of Progressive Trance (with a whole bit of Vocal Trance in there)

One of the favorites this one.

hard to touch. let it flow....dont skip...although if u must, then 02:18 would be a good place to skip to.....

I used to listen to this kind of trance (I've actually migrated to psy from this) but now I have some kind of aversion to it. Nowadays it's a very stagnant genre, with the emphasis on production quality at the expence of the musical content (in other words - effing boring)

There is another Omnia song with exactly the same synths but somehow better melodies

its still good man.

and good stuff is rare.

so even if you find it stagnant which i respect, i find it to be good music and i will never stop thinking that about omnia.

he has his own sound even if his tracks sound alike.

doenst matter for me.

i just ask my self quickly, do i like this? yes.

then i ask no more, and enjoy.

• Like 1

Glad that you liked it, AP! For me, this track is the trance how it should be done, sadly there are not much tracks like this released now.

Maybe you'll find something for you among these ones, they are old and under-produced by today standards, but in my book they have the utmost trance vibe

haha dear incursion loop, besodes the last one, i have them all :)

DI.FM <3

something YOU mightve recognize then:

some SERIOUS dark Progressive Trance that turns out into a melody killer, best put-on-your-clothes-and-get-ready-to-party-while-sipping-the-drink-quickly-while-cab-is-outside-music

just skip first 5 min if u want its good, amazing track

then a (probably) well known track to go along

AMAZING TRACK

wait for it....

and to end the post with yet another fav

i dont get cleaner than that.

but still utube fucks the soundquality and even for youy half-auidiophles need to recognize that shit, and start either checking em out on spotify (you find amazing amounts of good prog trtance and vocal trance there) and DI.FM torrents. Do yourselves that favor. YUoutube only gives you half the song in many regards.

hands down, cards on the table

recursion loop, just me and you here now

which is the best progresive trance track ?

There are thousands of candidates.

But my vote will always go to

Red Flag - Pacific Memory.

And i wont post a youtube video cause its easy enough to lookup

Shared 2nd place we got like 10 candidates lol :D