Classical Piano Recommendations

Starkraver

Thanks Anu,

I liked the first one , parts of it. I'll check out the more mellow works of the Finnish genius soon. If you know any, please post.

I'm actually looking for something which is soothing :) only Classical.

Erik Satie achieves that mood that I'm looking for so effortlessly. Its been on repeat since afternoon and its almost midnight now!

I didnt like the 2nd track :/ not good. It is.

click the pic below :) nicer than anything imo

hey! Thanks :) It is nice. (at very low volumes, at high volumes the atmospheric sound overwhelms the piano and deafens your ear :D ) Is it yours.?? Can I download it somewhere..??

Its very soothing! Thanks again Frozen Dream

Maybe you can find something interesting in Chopin's music. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmzFDEu2RoA

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVsGf1ag6Us

Thanks Padremac :)

I do like them both.. I never knew I liked the piano compositions so much! Until I stumbled upon Erik Satie's work.

Can you please recommend more musicians..?? I will check them out :)

Same time period would be great. There is something about these musicians from late 19th and early 20th century.They all are geniuses! I hear the golden period was 17th century, I dont know much. Just started to explore.

If you like Satie, you'd probably enjoy some of the piano works by Ravel :

Also, Alkan wrote some beautiful music, a bit Chopinesque, but technically closer to Liszt in difficulty.

So tell me, is the above video of Chopin - Waltz an insult to his actual works .??

No offence Pamremac, I really like it.

Not an insult, just a very different style.

Here's a very fine Waltz by Chopin. You'll notice a different sensibility to his music.

And this piece here, the 4th ballade in F minor, is my personal favorite out of all of Chopin's works

• Like 1

Not an insult, just a very different style.

Here's a very fine Waltz by Chopin. You'll notice a different sensibility to his music.

And this piece here, the 4th ballade in F minor, is my personal favorite out of all of Chopin's works

Thank you :) These are lovely.

Ravel is a bit too much for me.. It might take some time to appreciate it I guess.

• Like 1

Thank you :) These are lovely.

Ravel is a bit too much for me.. It might take some time to appreciate it I guess.

I think you'll appreciate a lot of Chopin's music. The Ballades, in particular, are all beautiful. The Scherzos are more frenetic.

Ballade 1 in G minor :

Ballade 3 in A flat :

And here's Scherzo 3 in C# minor :

I read an interesting article about Zimerman's stand US military policies , then I found out that customs had destroyed his piano and later I found out that he is master piano builder/repairer! along with being the best surviving classical pianist. Wow!

Thanks again, I'll check out the latest recommendations soon.

I read an interesting article about Zimerman's stand US military policies , then I found out that customs had destroyed his piano and later I found out that he is master piano builder/repairer! along with being the best surviving classical pianist. Wow!

Yeah, it gets harder and harder to fight my anarchistic tendencies when crap like that happens.
  • Like 1