hardtrance classics

astralprojection

Have you heard the original? It's great:

of course :)

a lot more proper trance than the lot more progressive style in the pvd remix.

but the eriginal is sweet. it's one of those classics like cygnys x - orange theme.

another huge favorite of mine is

true definition of progressive trance.

incredible climax and ending.

now this is classic stuff. wonderful. sounds like when trance was evolving into progressive trance. what year was this? I love push, he goes by many names :)

he even made my fav prog trance I posted earlier in thread as his alias Red Flag.

was made around 98

i first got into him and similar styles through the reactivate series when i was taking a bit of a sideways shuffle from goa

other fav's are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRLpl1fbmlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjRPD41UfW4

i think special mention has to go to pablo gargano and vincent demoor

i think this is probably the best comercial trance track ever made, along with ferry corsten it is perfect!

this is a fucking stonker!!!!!

Every year I organise 1 party (Divine Frequencies) only dedicated to this kind of music... :) In Belgium this was HUGE in the 90s, Push/M.I.K.E. was Belgian of course... And Bonzai as well, they released so much amazing music... I keep listening to this as a variation to goa :)

I don't why you call this Progressive trance, or hard trance. well hard trance is usually trance with harder kick and faster tempo (Sunbeam Outside world - posted above probably fits the description). For me it is just trance....

Back on topic, Talla 2XLC Is anybody out there - Taucher remix has to be my favourite trance track ever. I don't think I will ever get bored listening to this track. It has a unique structure, a 4 minutes build up, it is magical.

From the 4th to the 8th minute mark this is pure delight, it still gives me goosebumps today. The build up followed by the climax is the most beautiful and emotional moment I can think of in any electronic music track of any genre, and a proof that you can produce a very simple track with a few layers and still achieve such epicness. Can't think of any similar track and no need to! It is unique and absolute perfection, very definition of emotional trance music default_wub.png

I don't why you call this Progressive trance, or hard trance. well hard trance is usually trance with harder kick and faster tempo (Sunbeam Outside world - posted above probably fits the description). For me it is just trance....

i dont know why you dont call it what it is called, instead of just trance..

you see? cause everyone is different and im a genre nerd. whats ur excuse?

As far as I remember (listened to a lot of trance (euro trance)) from 2000 to 2005) it was not called progressive trance, but trance (or euro trance, uplifting trance).

Progressive trance (much like progressive psytrance) is usually slower and sound more housey.

This style became very popular after 2004 I think with artists like Gabriel and Dresden.

An example of what is for me progressive trance....

Hardtrance is older and usually with hard kicks, this track posted on page 1 is a good example

Paul Van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Push, etc... are trance artists. I think Ferry Corsten later on made some tracks that sounded a bit more progressive though.

I think Wikipedia sums it up well:

235238trance.jpg

manuser, i never thought hardtrance was progressive trance though.

and yeah wiki is rarely on point but the general gist of the en version is kinda accurate, although not 100%.

btw, I thought you just called it trance? now you wanna get technical? oh well.

btw that wiki article just barely touches on progressive trance even though its a huuge subgenre.

and trust me when I say, tracks like Lost Tribe (Matt Derey another HUGE Trance producer) - Gamemaster and Red Flag(MIKE/PUSH) - Pacific Memory are two wonderful examples of Progressive Trance - with YEARS apart in production. Should get you the grasp of what it is.

PUSH/M.I.K.E does both trance, progressive trance and anthem/euphoric trance.

whatevs bro, have nice evening :)