New Nervasystem Album with very special guests..................

There is a crowd funding project pre order for a new Nervasystem album. Composed over the last year or so and featuring collaborations with some classic names from the psychedelic scene. There are collaborations with Sean Williams (Process), Graham Wood (The Infinity Project), Colin Bennun (OOOD), Ralp Knobloch (Braincell), Maor Hasbani (Skizologic), Leigh Griffiths (ECT), and Morison Bennett (Globular)...........

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/nervasystem-brainradio-cd-album/x/6567680#/

The album is detailed, sonically impressive, adventurous, original and pushes the limitatations of the electronic psy genre(s) whilst remaining musical, captivating and trippy as you like. Advanced techniques, esoteric synth wig out tech of an extraordinarily complex and seemingly mind boggled modus operandi, tales from the landscape impossible, savage and beautiful in equal measure, all iridescent and scintillating, a thing of weird beauty.

Cd is released through Voodoo Voltage Records.

Thanks go to everyone who has enjoyed and supported the music creations and thank you to all the amazing artists who bring the sounds............

Here is sonic pre-listen of some elements from the album.

https://nervasystem.bandcamp.com/album/brainradio-long-player-megamix-preview

• Like 1

Well, Nervasystem4 isn't particularly melodic either :)

i know. i didn't expect something like filteria either, especially in the collab with process, but neither braincell, nor oood nor the infinity project are anywhere near as minimalistic as the old samples sounded.

@drezz

thanks for the unexpectely quick response and update! the samples give me a better impression now :). i take it the one starting around 4:40 is the collab with colin?

@drezz

thanks for the unexpectely quick response and update! the samples give me a better impression now :). i take it the one starting around 4:40 is the collab with colin?

That's the collaboration with Skizologic (Maor Hasbani). Tune is called 'Hacking the Neuron'. The collaboration with Colin is still in progress, it's not on the previews..........we plan to finish it in the next few weeks.

oh yes! Thank you :)

This makes up for missing out on Nervasystem 3 & 4 :) wohooo..

I really like the Nervasystem sound :D

Loved the single , free album, and the new sample :D

I think I heard Kraal Mayalis in the sample too, which is great as I like that track!

A weird downtempo track too? wow :wub:

thats what the previews are for. i am still in the process of final tweaks and mastering the tracks with colin bennun. we are taking it slowly bit by bit, and it's a bit of a perfectionist process for me, things change, tweak out and keep getting finessed up until the moment when, if, the money is raised i will send the lot off to get pressed, so no, there wont be any more previews, but rest tassured it will be of the highest quality. the collaborations are great, and worth the price of admission alone, i mean there's some classic artists on there, Sean Williams (Process) for example hasn't written trance for years, and it was only after extreme nagging that he agreed to come back to wirite something. Similar with Graham Wood, people said we should do something for years, but it almost never happened. Maor Hasbani of Skizologic fame is on there as well as Ralph from Braincell and the E.C.T. collaboration is about as much fun as you can have with your trousers still on.......................... Point is, i made the album to be classic, but contemporary and futuristic with some of the artists i like and admire and who make good psychedelic music. The thing is designed as an antidote to all the bland, boring, copy cat, dugga, dugga, same, same music getting made everywhere now and which writes off psytrance to almost everyone who's not into the scene as a bit of a joke. This is an album to challenge that and the boring-ness of a scene with little innovation and the same line ups at the same festivals year in year out playing very similar music to everyone else. The album is made in the hope of being extremely relevant to the music in question and to stand the test of time, i may not make another psytrance album, who knows.....................

Satisfaction is guaranteed, or your money back. Failing that i'll send you a nice postcard from Rio as i sip my pan-galactic-gargleblaster and chong on my offensively large jazz cheroot!.....................

• Like 2

Based on the preview, it sounds exactly like it should.

By the way, if you recognise any of the following sentences:

"All modern goa is just piles of cheesy layers."

"I want something new that isn't shite."

"I'd listen to new stuff if it wasn't just random squeaks over a copy-paste machine gun bassline."

"Artists should develop their own, characteristic style."

Then maybe you should consider this? I've come to realise that it's one fine answer to my usual gripes.

(I was typing this before the message above appeared. Weird. :huh: )

Sean Williams (Process) for example hasn't written trance for years, and it was only after extreme nagging that he agreed to come back to write something.

You should try Pete Martin (Slide) next :D

And yay for Colin doing the mastering again.

• Like 1

i mean there's some classic artists on there, Sean Williams (Process) for example hasn't written trance for years, and it was only after extreme nagging that he agreed to come back to wirite something.

I can only imagine what those conversations were like.

Dr. Process is not an easy one to pin down and I'm so very excited to hear what you two did.

I miss him... and his amazing shirt collection... ;)

Send him my hugs next time you chat!

I can only imagine what those conversations were like.

Dr. Process is not an easy one to pin down and I'm so very excited to hear what you two did.

I miss him... and his amazing shirt collection... ;)

Send him my hugs next time you chat!

Will do....................

Yes, Sean drives a hard bargain......................

.................but we get there in the end (might take a few years........................... :)

There may be more someday, who knows..................?

hey guys,

funding is going slowly, so please if you feel like it, please share the link, and get involved. if the target is reached the album will be made, if not, well.............................

it's far too good to get left out in the cold. get onboard....................

thanks

drezz