Psynews Contest: the results

Rotwang

Maybe next time it should be made clear that after the dead line the tracks cannot be changed meaning also that not totally removed. I intentionally left my second vote for JaraLuca to be there (pm was good..thanks @ Paul Eye for the idea..I noticed the pm Rotwang sent) because I used time to listen all tracks thoroughly and listing wasn't a piece of cake so I had made up my mind for JaraLuca's second place and nothing was gonna change that. I was prob the only one to place that track so high but JaraLuca got votes from quite many others also. Just a hint to all producers: ambition close to perfectionism is good but also listeners' opinions matter if the track is available for public ears. I was angry that the track was taken away :(

Second that. If you make an entry you should go with that. You have no idea how much I wanted to change my track once it passed the voting, since the live version (well the end part) I sent you sounded far better to my ears, but I thought it would have been unfair to change it so the track remains absolutely the same as I first sent it. At least if someone wants to book me live with synths, the track will sound a little bit different every time :P

Also what you said about being available for public ears, and perfection, that is my disease, I admit. And that is why I so rarely release anything or even give tracks for even a closed circuit, until I'm completely happy with it. Once it's out there it's out there.

This was the first time I really made a track for a specific contest, and I feel I gave everything I could. So BIG thanks to everyone who voted for it or just listened, this really means a lot to me :) I felt the quality of all the tracks was great and the diversity of styles was phenomenal.

A question, is this going to be released on Ektoplazm?

So why are the admins so quiet about the rule specifications aroused by me because of the withdrawn track. Too sensitive of a matter that rules were broken or what?

So why are the admins so quiet about the rule specifications aroused by me because of the withdrawn track. Too sensitive of a matter that rules were broken or what?

Since we don't have a rule against withdrawing a track after the deadline, rules weren't broken. Also I don't see what would be the point of having such a rule - how would we enforce it? We can't stop someone from removing their track from SC, and we can't make them give us a file and release it against their will if they win.

• Like 2

More details about the compilation will come soon, but in the meantime we're happy to announce that we have the name and cover of the compilation ready.

Since this is our third compilation we wanted a special name and of course a great cover to accompany it.

Ladies and gentlemen we give you...

im8mxd.jpg

Hope you like it. :)

• Like 6

Really, my name next these? This is like biggest insult i ever got... or advice to start making so banging music like them? :lol: its really epic!!!!!! :D

Simon is there too.

And Lady Gaga!

EDIT: even my photo i spot now LOL!!!

Now wait a minute. I didn't photoshop you there, you were already in the crowd. :D

• Like 3

i have to object to the cover. the girl is not skinny enough for radi. quick! choose a different one before he notices.

Really, my name next these? This is like biggest insult i ever got...

think again, those people get invited to huge gigs. if their fame and glamour rubs off unto you, you'll get to play as main act in huge stadiums full of very questionable people! ;)

• Like 1

Since we don't have a rule against withdrawing a track after the deadline, rules weren't broken. Also I don't see what would be the point of having such a rule - how would we enforce it? We can't stop someone from removing their track from SC, and we can't make them give us a file and release it against their will if they win.

Allrighty then :) Thanks for clarification.

Awesome! Thanks so much to everyone who listened to and/or voted for our track :) Congratulations to the other winners and commiserations to everyone who didn't get on the lineup, I know how you feel :P Keep going!

Whilst I don't come on here much these days, I was a very early member here and this place was my home for a few years. It's good to be able to give something back.

• Like 1

btw, maybe not suited for this thread, perhaps in the music production forum -

Im genuinely interested on how you and your collab with Goa Travellers worked.

Did you use the same software and hardware, did you swap midis, waves, how did the process work?

Was it done thru emails, were you guys in the same studio together, who did what, etc.

Why Im so curious is that for the latter part of 2015 I begun taking music production more seriously, and really think I can make something happen soon; release wise, and Im working on a collaboration right now - it would be a very interesting topic for me to read, and Im sure, to others aswell who might be interested in how the process of collaborating works.

Also Im very open for anyone to share their collab stories, in that very same thread Im now hoping one of you will create :)

btw, maybe not suited for this thread, perhaps in the music production forum -

Im genuinely interested on how you and your collab with Goa Travellers worked.

Did you use the same software and hardware, did you swap midis, waves, how did the process work?

Was it done thru emails, were you guys in the same studio together, who did what, etc.

Why Im so curious is that for the latter part of 2015 I begun taking music production more seriously, and really think I can make something happen soon; release wise, and Im working on a collaboration right now - it would be a very interesting topic for me to read, and Im sure, to others aswell who might be interested in how the process of collaborating works.

Also Im very open for anyone to share their collab stories, in that very same thread Im now hoping one of you will create :)

Charles-Andre came to stay with me for a week to take some music production tuition from me. He's a synth collector with some knowledge of sequencing but not much experience actually writing trance, so he really wanted to experience the process of writing a track from start to finish, and the tuition consisted of us writing a track together with me explaining what I was doing at every step, and why. It was interesting that when he was looking for a tutor he gave some examples of the kind of music he wanted to write, and gave OOOD - 'Silence' as a reference! Just happens to be a track I pretty much wrote on my own, so it was a good fit.

Before he arrived here I set him some homework: to get a clear idea in his head of what he wanted the track to be like, and to gather together examples of sounds and tracks that inspired him, as well as to do some field recording to gather original sonic ingredients that we would use. Although I did all the driving in the studio, I tried to make it as collaborative a track as I could, and as well as turning to him first for ideas to progress the track, almost every idea I had went past him first for approval before we used it.

• Like 2

Charles-Andre came to stay with me for a week to take some music production tuition from me. He's a synth collector with some knowledge of sequencing but not much experience actually writing trance, so he really wanted to experience the process of writing a track from start to finish, and the tuition consisted of us writing a track together with me explaining what I was doing at every step, and why. It was interesting that when he was looking for a tutor he gave some examples of the kind of music he wanted to write, and gave OOOD - 'Silence' as a reference! Just happens to be a track I pretty much wrote on my own, so it was a good fit.

Before he arrived here I set him some homework: to get a clear idea in his head of what he wanted the track to be like, and to gather together examples of sounds and tracks that inspired him, as well as to do some field recording to gather original sonic ingredients that we would use. Although I did all the driving in the studio, I tried to make it as collaborative a track as I could, and as well as turning to him first for ideas to progress the track, almost every idea I had went past him first for approval before we used it.

That is really interesting! You should have a blog or something.