(◡‿◡✿ ¬ ✿⚉╹╹◕_ゝ゚~~ಠ_☯ノ・゚✧ω︺)

Rotwang

I wouldn't call it "goa trance" but neither it can be called "failed attempt" because it is definitely good at being what it is, beautiful and intricate.

However it certainly falls apart into two unrelated pieces - the first part (dark) and the second one (light) strating about 4th minute. It should be two tracks probably.

• Like 1

I wouldn't call it "goa trance" but neither it can be called "failed attempt" because it is definitely good at being what it is, beautiful and intricate.

Thanks. I tagged it that way because it started out as an attempt at Goa before evolving in a different direction.

However it certainly falls apart into two unrelated pieces - the first part (dark) and the second one (light) strating about 4th minute. It should be two tracks probably.

That's kind of intentional, I really enjoy harsh, "mood whiplash"-inducing segues when I hear them in DJ mixes so I tried to incorporate them into the track. I can see how some (most?) people might find it annoying though.

I've just listened to it once, but I love it!

Thanks.

huh, first i didnt know you were into producing, but for the record, im into it. This is interesting. Ill be frank, yes it sounds a tad amateur, but there is real possibilty here.

nice kickdrum, interesting sounds and FX, pretty interesting keys and melodies, bassline leaves a little to be wanting - so does the under developed hihats and percussion.

Ill stay away from using a snare drum at every second kick - might sound too cheesy then. But I welcome the snare, just perhaps not the usual disco style of dum dash, dum dash.

the later part with the kalimba or marimba or what it is that you used is not a direction I would have wanted the track to go in but im happy for that cause it wouldnt be fun if everyone made tracks that sounded just the way you wanted. thats what your favorite artists are there for.

finally, what software do you use to sequence your tracks? Iam currently looking for someone who uses Reason to collab with aswell as someone using Cubase, but the problem there is finding someone who has the same VSTs as you. Reason eliminates that problem.

Well thats my bit, and as always, feedback is just feedback. spontanous feedback at that. so its not meant as any serious critizism at all, just friendly feedback.

I want to end by saying there is real potential and Im looking forward into hearing more like the goa you started the track with, that would have been interesting to hear, what else couldve came from that :)

keep at it

peace, elerium115 aka the man with many names

huh, first i didnt know you were into producing, but for the record, im into it. This is interesting. Ill be frank, yes it sounds a tad amateur, but there is real possibilty here.

nice kickdrum, interesting sounds and FX, pretty interesting keys and melodies, bassline leaves a little to be wanting - so does the under developed hihats and percussion.

Ill stay away from using a snare drum at every second kick - might sound too cheesy then. But I welcome the snare, just perhaps not the usual disco style of dum dash, dum dash.

Thanks for the feedback. If I can face putting any more work in I may try mixing it on the monitors I got for Christmas (it was mainly produced with headphones).

the later part with the kalimba or marimba or what it is that you used

It's just a sine wave with a large attack and long release, with a sinusoidally detuned frequency.

finally, what software do you use to sequence your tracks? Iam currently looking for someone who uses Reason to collab with aswell as someone using Cubase, but the problem there is finding someone who has the same VSTs as you. Reason eliminates that problem.

It was all synthesized and sequenced with my own software. It's not compatible with anything, I'm afraid.