Which music event did I go to last week:

Trunksan

Hi,

just starting a thread where we can post an interesting event we went to. How it was, what we liked what we didn't like...

Anyway, I didn't go anywhere last week, but tommorow I'm going to this (what I think will be) awesome downtempo night in Athens at my favourite place, run by Haris (FisHimself) of Ultimae (and many others) fame.

I admire Giannis (Allwoods) and I'm looking forward to the other guys too,

https://www.facebook.com/events/433570663509840/

12239443_10153722350737438_5807564009854

Well, nice music & nice people.

However, the place is not suitable for such events. Too small! Not enough space to move, let alone dance. Inhaling all that smoke in such a suffocating atmosphere was really unpleasant. I guess you can't expect a lot more in the centre of Athens, but still...
Also, there was zero decoration, so the ambience was not what one would expect going to a psy event.

My 2 cents

Well, despite the ventilation issue (I don't have a problem with it) IT is a breath of fresh air (get the pun???) for the whole of the country. An intimate small venue where quality electronic music of every kind is being played on a weekly basis. I've heard some fantastic music in that place and had a lof of awesome nights. The best probably being Aes Dana 2 years ago ( to be repeated next month). Almost every week there's something interesting, be it Techno, Ambient, Prog, GOA, Psy, house, experimental... There's some crap too, like trap, glitch, dubstep but since Harris often subrents the place it's about who the organiser is.

A couple of years ago he even threw a carnival fancy dress party with latin music and a lot of Eurovision, it was like being 10 again... Everyone had a laugh, although most people couldn't stand it for more than a couple of hours.

As for the event itself. As usual, Alwwods (Yiannis) was phenomenal, I liked him much more than the guests from France and Spain. Since I speak Spanish (actually I'm in Spain now for work, returning tommorow) I spent a lot of time chatting with Raul (Labs cloud) about music and the bad quality of the Greek and Spanish nightlife and pop music.

I guess you must not be aware that one of Yiannis best songs "Shadows of the moon (skies tou feggariou)" is a remix of the old Greek goa pioneers "Psychonauts" ( Although their music is nothing special, it has a certain historic value. Of course Yianni's version is much much better than the original one. I find the difference in talent, enormous.

• 2 weeks later...

Last week was Max Lagraconi week (he dissapointed once more)

Christmas eve went to Talpa + Max in Athens at a warehouse in West Athens with almost 2000 people. Talpa was OK, I was expecting much more, as with many people that I spoke to, but there was no flow in his set and I enjoyed very few tracks. Max was horrible, left after about 1,5 hours and went to another party where there was some decent prog played (Space Progressive team @ IT the place).

On Saturday, Max played again, this time at a more central yet small venue. He was much better but still nothing special, at his final 30 mins we had some old-school vibes but nothing special.

HOWEVER, after Max was the return of Yiannis Megas (of Gene Joke fame) after many years of inactivity. Yiannis was simply AMAZING, best set I've heard this year in all eletronic music genres (So far the best had been the famous techno DJ Delano Smith at a beach club near Korinth), his mixing was phenomenal and he played a lot of old schools anthems from Darshan, Technossomy, X-Dream, Prana, Etnica, Astral... Amazing vibe at the club when he was playing, average age around 40 years old (which makes me very young at 32) and everyone was running around like little kids. My body was hurting 2 days in a row from excessive dancing.

Next every BoTFB an 16/Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

That reminds me the last party I went to was 6 years ago.

Someone's gotten old.....

Anyway, despite the heavy rain outside, it was a good night. I had a cold so at some point I got very tired and sleepy. Strangely the only interesting electronica event coming up is Aes Dana at the end of Feb. Nothing else so far.

Someone's gotten old.....

Anyway, despite the heavy rain outside, it was a good night. I had a cold so at some point I got very tired and sleepy. Strangely the only interesting electronica event coming up is Aes Dana at the end of Feb. Nothing else so far.

Well until I started producing in 2014 again & doing live my last party was back in 2002 at the infamous Outback Eclipse Festival where due to the chemicals in test and eating food straight from cans without cooking I ended up being found by medics in a pool of vomit, faces & suffering from evil evil evil hallucinations. No drugs (except alcohol) & no parties for a long time after that haha.

Last gig was a small event here in Melbourne of local techno & modular freaks. My friend brought his Acidlabs Miami & DSI Pro-2 whilst I provided my x0xb0x and we jammed lived for 2 hours. First acts of the night from 5-7pm so no many people but it was fun & we actually got $50 each which is more than usual as well as $50 voucher for drinks lol. I was home in bed thought by 9:30pm. Two kids under the age of 5 mean I like to get a good night rest lol.

• 3 weeks later...

If you meant to ask "Which music event did I go to recently" then my answer would be: Paradise Winter Festival

20160129_paradise-winter-festival-2016_2

(because it was a little bit more than a week ago :P )

Ace Ventura played, which was nice.

And I have signed a peace treaty with Hitech ... I still don't actively like it, but it doesn't wanna make me shoot myself anymore. Which I call a great improvement.

Decoration was good, I liked that. Sound was awesome, only the volume too loud for me already.

From the rest I didn't see much anymore ... the air was terrible. And the lights that they switched to "dizzy mode" (it must 've been) in the second half of the night I outright hated. Every time there was a flash into my eyes from one of the beams no matter where I looked. Went home at maybe four already. My clothes stank so bad after I came home I had to make a pile in the corner of the room and didn't dare to touch it for a few days. Reminded me of the time I used to be into techno :P ... regardless, I didn't feel well as I was at home, needed hours to calm down, bass to strong...

... anyway watch out when the next post of me will be in this thread, I rarely go to psy parties anymore. Which is why I enjoyed this post now, as flat as this may sound :)

• Like 1