Travelling to Bulgaria

Frontier Psychiatrist

So, it's time finally to travel to the famed Rila mountains to experience them shiny roadblocks.

Is there anything else noteworthy to see in Bulgaria? We are going there with a couple of friends for a 9 days trip.

If there's anything in Macedonia or Greece near the Bulgarian border I'd like to hear about it as well.

Cheers!

I am ~250km north-west of Rila (110km from bulgarian border), if you are interested to see birthplace of Constantine The Great, roman archeological site with ruins and mosaics, ottoman fortress and famous Skull tower, monument for victims of nazi terror and nazi camp... plenty to see. It is one of the oldest cities in Europe and was gateway between west and east for more than 2 millenia :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni%C5%A1

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am ~250km north-west of Rila (110km from bulgarian border), if you are interested to see birthplace of Constantine The Great, roman archeological site with ruins and mosaics, ottoman fortress and famous Skull tower, monument for victims of nazi terror and nazi camp... plenty to see. It is one of the oldest cities in Europe and was gateway between west and east for more than 2 millenia :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niš

Oh, we've been to Serbia a year and a half ago. Liked it very much. For sure will visit again some time soon!

• 5 months later...