PsiloCybian - GodHead (BMSS Records)

Guest antic

Quaranteed Psilo production quality. Funky and psyche tune. My fav track from him so far has been Strange Place To Play.

• 1 month later...

bms1cd014_b.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/psilocybian/sets/psilocybian-godhead

PsiloCybian uses the grit of analog sounds, old school goa nuances and a plethora of hardware, to create a journey through a soundscape that changes color and dimension. The use of various effects, samples and an increasingly metallic vibe is both thought provoking and memorable.

His second album on his home label BMSS "Godhead" is a tribute to the Gods of the forest. Right from the start, PsiloCybian lures you into a cosmic woodland, that transmutes track by track. Melodic riffs touch on the hustle of rock and roll, while "Mad as a balloon" is a chunky undulating track, enveloped in higher orchestral elements ending with a pulsating bassline.

It leads neatly into "I can feel my Brain". With a light touch of percussion, and elements that wind round and upwards the second track is an ascent into new verdant realms. Having defined the limits of this unfamiliar world, PsiloCybian teases us with an ethereal moment or two before taking us down once more, with deeper melodies, that echo in the background with various pads and effects.

Each track creates a sense of curiosity about what is coming next. In "Oddwood", we drift along, radiating outwards to the edges of our cosmic forest. "Godhead" the title track once again draws us upwards. Metallic atmospheres and a calculated, but experimental approach to layering leave us with a sense that we are perhaps, listening in on intergalactic transmissions.

Atypical effects push the limits of familiar acid riffs which combine, collapse and quiver back to life creating a sense that darkness is creeping away making way for the lightness of the last tracks.

PsiloCybian - GodHead
BMSS1CD014
Release date: 17.11.2015
CD & Digital

• Like 1

i'm just listening through the samples at arabesque, but is it just me or does this sound better than his previous releases? with more melodies, less metallic-ness and a more coherent sound that fits together nicely instead of just going weirdly experimental?