Solid Progressive Label?

Novoice

I still think that the more psychedelic progressive comes from Australia, New Zealand, Israel, etc. Speaking of the so called 'dark prog' which isn't that dark in many cases actually. Many of them don't sell CDs (anymore) though. Cosmic Conspiracy Records, Zenon Records are the founders of that particular style in my opinion but there are dozens of labels releasing that kind of music today. Universal Tribe Records, Technophobia Records, Glitchy Tonic Records, Melting Runes Records, Merkaba Music and many more.

tesseract and iono

releasing tons of stuff daily, most of which sounds the same and quite boring, imo.

Psyprog seems to be the easiest psy to make, from the technical point of view, and therefore many psyprog acts do their stuff just because they can, without putting any emotion into their music. That's not me hating the whole subgenre (I actually love psyprog when it is really well made, like some stuff N.O.K., Static Movement & Impact, Andromeda, Relativ and many, many more), but I'm kinda tired to go through the new releases just to find out the same stabs and squelches over the same monotonous beats

releasing tons of stuff daily, most of which sounds the same and quite boring, imo.

i cannot disagree with that. but when good music comes out, it's pretty likely on one of those labels. besides liquid soul, almost everything on iboga is pretty horrible/non-psy nowadays. spintwist has quite a few bullshit aritsts also (fabio&moon, klopfgeister, neelix!), so meh. the labels of the plusquam group release inconsistent to horrible/ultra-cheesy stuff most of the time. ovnimoon does all kinds of psy, i wouldn't include it as a proggy label. joof has some nice progressive, but also a lot of (or rather mostly) normal trance so i wouldn't count that one either. that leaves us with iono and tesserract. if it's on those labels it's either good or just boring, never really horrible ;)

Indeed, Iono always sounds like Iono and Tesseract always sounds like Tesseract, this may be good or bad thing depending on what you are after.

Some of my all time favourite prog records are from Iono, but they usually have one or two killer tracks per 10 track compilation, where the rest of the stuff sounds like insanely long inro/outro to these awesome moments. As for Tesseract, I was pretty excited when I discovered Nerso, Flegma, Vertex and the other guys (I love this kind of melodic aerial psy) but having listened to more their works I quickly got dissapointed because I'm not sure if they can themselves tell one their track from another . Relativ and the first album by Lyctum are the standouts for me (the Lyctum's second is meh though), also Talpa/The Riddler is something different but not my thing.

Btw, why does everyone hate Neelix? I know only one their track (Smoke and Mirrors), it's nothing outstanding but, imo, is no worse than a typical "Ionish" track.

Btw, why does everyone hate Neelix? I know only one their track (Smoke and Mirrors), it's nothing outstanding but, imo, is no worse than a typical "Ionish" track.

neelix ranges from formulaic, boring, easy-listening sound to extremely cheesy. just like filteria is the poster child for newschool goa, neelix is for commercial progressive.

This reminds me on Talamasca's "Psychedelic trance" album - pop/dance music containing a tiny bit of "psy-like" elements. I actually can imagine myself listening to it while driving a car or doing some shit that that requires a rhytimic background. Sill, I've heard much worse songs, just don't call it psy and everything should be OK :)

This reminds me on Talamasca's "Psychedelic trance" album - pop/dance music containing a tiny bit of "psy-like" elements. I actually can imagine myself listening to it while driving a car or doing some shit that that requires a rhytimic background. Sill, I've heard much worse songs, just don't call it psy and everything should be OK :)

love the original of the phaxe track....its a great album!

• 2 weeks later...