Thank you Psynews

Alek

This quote got me thinking:

“The Internet introduces everybody, no matter how weird, how marginalized, how peculiar, to the fact that there are others like you. There are others like you. FIND the others. MAKE common cause. Realize that it’s the deals you cut and the friends you make that determine where you’ll be standing when the flash hits. That’s just obvious.” - Terence McKenna (His last interview)

This is something I could REALLY relate to in my own life.

It was 2001-2002 and I was in my late teens when I first discovered Psynews.org. At that time, there were very few people in my social circles that I could relate to. Most of the people around me at the time were materialistic, conservative and held values that I could not relate to. If everyone got an erection about the latest phone model, why couldn't I? This made me feel like there was something "wrong" with me.

It was only after discovering this forum (and its glorious purple/navy color scheme) that I realized there were others like me, who thought in similar directions and were interested in the same things. What would have happened to me had I not discovered this tribe? What if there was no internet? I'm glad I don't need to find that out :)

Thank you Psynews and the people that have made it and still make it what it is :wub:

• Like 4

Thank you Psynews and the people that have made it and still make it what it is :wub:

I am sure this mostly refers to NHJO, Radi & Filipe? :P

5.5 years here passed just like that... discovered much about music, had loads of fun and drama too :D met some really cool people, in real life! Hope it will stay like this for many years! :)

• Haha 1

No. Thank you Alek!

Sometimes when I think I am an alien trapped in a human body wandering this world, I remember that everyone here is inherently a part of my life. You all tolerate me and I don't feel so lonely.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

thanks aswell.

this has been a special place for me, in many ways. both bad, real bad, and fun, real fun.

i too was a forum creeper for years before i first registered somewhere in the year 2008 or so, i cant remember, but i think i also first noticed the site in 2002-2003.

much respect to everone here. special creds to Rotwang for being the great guy he is, not many people would do what he did for me, so mad respect to him (and to all the other mods too, ofc.)

and where is radi, psynews isnt psynews without him. and im worried about him. also where is Procyon, he is also missing. dammit.

nhjo i dont care so much about tbh....

also, the leggings thing is getting really old, you have to upgrade. id say either to Borats green bikini-thing, or just keep it real and go with a thong dude.

leggings is sooo 2014.

• Like 2

Sadly Procyon left after a bust-up with Radi. I tried to talk him out of it but to no avail.

hmm. i thought he got over that.. or was it another event ? i dont think radi was thinking clearly when expressing his "homophobic feelings" towards shamanix or whatever track it was, and i think he also apologised but i can understand both parties if that was the case.

in any case, too bad. i liked his presence.. :(

hmm. i thought he got over that.. or was it another event ? i dont think radi was thinking clearly when expressing his "homophobic feelings" towards shamanix or whatever track it was,

That was the incident that caused it IIRC.

damn.. such an uneccessary thing to happen.. radi shouldve been alot more careful with his words, and procyon shouldnt have been so offended.

but we all got 20/20 hindsight i guess.

argh, such an annoying thing.. seems like it could have been argued out peacefully..

Procyon, if youre lurking, we miss ya buddy

• Like 1

• 5 years later...