Music like FLA without the screaming vocals

Trance2MoveU

This is exactly the kind of stuff I am constantly looking for. What I've found so far:

Tonikom ... for sure heavily inspired by the FLA sideprojects.

5F-X ... this is very alien and sometimes quite noisy but they have some of the finest breakbeat industrial you can get:

Geomatic ... just check out this track, goosebumps:

Mind.in.a.box ... I personally loved and will always love their "dreamweb" album. It has no growly vocals, but is very intelligent and futuristic, cliché-free synthpop that sure has a lot of FLA and Trance influences:

Haujobb ... very similar to FLA, they have good and not so good tracks IMO but still worth checking:

You might be familiar with this but there is also an excellent remix album by Aural Planet which is in parts really far into industrial territory:

thats about all i got :)

• 1 month later...

FLA have some instrumentals, even techno + goa mixes...

Ah and check PRO TECH, which is basically another sideproject from Bill I believe but pretty unknown. It has simmilar sounds to FLA but more techy and no vox....

I probably can find 10 more tracks, which would fit. But not complete band names tbh. I mean complete albums eg. of this style are quite rare. You can find however

albums with instrumental EBM/Indus tracks but they do not have the FLA touch of course. If ur looking for the FLA sound.

Also I would like that you give FEEDBACK on the suggestions given. I am always at a loss when ppl. ask for music, ppl. provide it but they

dissapear without saying what & why they liked or hated the suggestions :(

• 1 month later...

Also I would like that you give FEEDBACK on the suggestions given. I am always at a loss when ppl. ask for music, ppl. provide it but they

dissapear without saying what & why they liked or hated the suggestions :(

Yes me too. It takes time to digest the music when examples are given, and of course life gets in the way so I don't get too upset.

Let's see...

Tonikom...the track above is a dnb glitchy bit of techno not bad at all. They're kind of all over the place with breakbeat, downtempo, glitch...you name it. Really getting into her Found & Lost Album. I checked tracks from her last 4 albums and her beats are sick. Can see why Cybernetika would like this.

That Geomatic track hits a sweet spot and is EXACTLY what I'm searching for. Dark, atmospheric and layered stuff. Ear crack surely.

The Mind.In.A.Box. example was a little on the cheesy side and very synthpop. There new album has a lot of autotune and resembles Daft Punk. Still, there is something that pulls at me even if all their tracks sound the same.

Haujobb does sound like a clone of FLA and I think that will take a lot of further exploration.

I'll try some more and post about it later. Thanks all for the suggestions! I love exploring new music!

• 1 year later...

Have you checked out the FLA album Civilization? It's got a lot of psybient influence, like Juno Reactor type stuff. Some harsher songs, but a lot more chill than their older records. That's my fav one by them since it's got the psy influence even though most industrial people aren't as into it.

Also have you heard their side project Intermix? It was more tribal & no vox from what I remember, although I haven't heard it in a long time; I own an album but not sure where it went.

Also if you want dope tribal stuff like Geomatic check out all their stuff because it's AMAZING and also This Morn' Omnia, Tzolk'in, Empusae, and Flint Glass (not tribal but awesome). Maybe my band Worms of the Earth too, its industrial/tribal (noisier/harsher though) and on the same label as that Geomatic release