some will say its the tools though.

Tools help. But, you cannot buy imagination, taste, or musical sense.... you can enhance them in various ways though ;)

aye, the human mind is a strange creation. its built to create.

its like the Creator said "fuck it, ima let them find out, at the end of all that, they just find out that they are me, hah thats gonna fuck them up proper, trust me, look look watch, let me fuck up psynews real quick, hahaha"

well, im lying if im dying

Wowzers!

Just listen to this new upcoming synth:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=drhV9H47ZJI

Really love the sound of it. Too bad it costs as much as my car. Maybe if I wait 10 years, lol.

It's $2,999 USD at Musician's Friend. That's not too ridiculous, but still VERY expensive.

Yeah the DSI/OB collar is lovely.

On the slightly cheaper end if you're keen to get the modular sound MakeNoise have made this

Although the best value for money IMO is the new Pittsburgh Lifeforms modular http://www.lifeformsmodular.comwhich will be the first components in my new 9u portable case. I love the Pittsburgh sound & they're well built. To me they represent a slight less strict up vanilla version of Doepfer.

Oh and mister AP, I'm allowed an opinion. I'm allowed to voice my opinion & im allowed to speak freely within the guidelines of this forum without you stomping around like a petulant child who's had his toys taken away. Grow up boy.

Oh hey maybe the bloke who, as a stay at home Dad, makes cash on the side doing synth repairs actually knows what he's talking about?

Why do I have to show you photo's? If you want the truth look in to it. It's not hard at all to find Andy Pledger. When he made his modular systems he was featured in Sound On Sound. Very boutique but beautiful machines. I had one for a few years.

Oh and mister AP, I'm allowed an opinion. I'm allowed to voice my opinion & im allowed to speak freely within the guidelines of this forum without you stomping around like a petulant child who's had his toys taken away. Grow up boy.

Oh hey maybe the bloke who, as a stay at home Dad, makes cash on the side doing synth repairs actually knows what he's talking about?

Why do I have to show you photo's? If you want the truth look in to it. It's not hard at all to find Andy Pledger. When he made his modular systems he was featured in Sound On Sound. Very boutique but beautiful machines. I had one for a few years.

He meant no offence. English is not his first language and sarcasm + tongue & cheek references don't often go well on the internet. Read his posts with a grain of NaCl, and I think you'll find not only a lack of aggression, but also a bit of humor.

Just my own $0.02

• Like 2

He meant no offence. English is not his first language and sarcasm + tongue & cheek references don't often go well on the internet. Read his posts with a grain of NaCl, and I think you'll find not only a lack of aggression, but also a bit of humor.

Just my own $0.02

Duly noted. I'll keep that in mind & try not to be so quick to jump down his throat in the future.

Side note: I'm going to purchase the Tascam 32 Channel digital recorder next month. As soon asI've got some acid & acid trance recorded on it I'll post the raw sounds. I'm not proclaiming to make anything great, but have finally started to take some lessons on musical composition & sound design so hopefully thi will help me craft my skills a bit better.

Side note: I'm going to purchase the Tascam 32 Channel digital recorder next month. As soon asI've got some acid & acid trance recorded on it I'll post the raw sounds. I'm not proclaiming to make anything great, but have finally started to take some lessons on musical composition & sound design so hopefully thi will help me craft my skills a bit better.

Does this handkerchief smell like chloroform?

*runs off with wicked gear*

Does this handkerchief smell like chloroform?*runs off with wicked gear*

Yes it's lovely to have a wife who for Christmas bought me the Moog Sub 37, a 9u x 126hp portable case from MasonMack studios & preordered the MS-20 mini for me.

But she does benefit at night when the kids are down... Instead of me harassing her for sex I just go down to the basement and make "music" haha.

• Like 1

Yes it's lovely to have a wife who for Christmas bought me the Moog Sub 37, a 9u x 126hp portable case from MasonMack studios & preordered the MS-20 mini for me.

But she does benefit at night when the kids are down... Instead of me harassing her for sex I just go down to the basement and make "music" haha.

I'm also a happy father. Nice to meet another.

I've only got the one daughter though... you seem to have more. Kudos.

Kudos back. Yes I've got a 4 year old boy & 15 month old girl. And now I've made sure I will have no more :P

14 (nearly 15) year old daughter here.

Enjoy them completely while they are small... as they grow quickly.

14 (nearly 15) year old daughter here.

Enjoy them completely while they are small... as they grow quickly.

Yes. Well hopefully they will be faster at getting to the toilet, or my son at least. Only thing I gag about. Wiping crap off the floor coz he thought he could hold on that bit longer :ph34r:

I dodged that bullet, but got "bed wetting" until the age of 8. I'm absolutely convinced that the cuteness factor with children is an evolutionary trait that saves their lives.

damn. i need to mix in proper monitors, this wont do anymore.

im thinking of buying a cheap pair like behringer or m-audio.

what do you think? is it worth it, or should i try and save for a better pair? yamaha or alesis maybe?

i will never spend more than 550 euro on a pair anyway, so i might do with a pair for 250-300 euro?

do you have a link which you mean?

im looking on these now, m-audio bx6 carbon, and they seem very well rounded for a budget pair.

i actually have listened to them aswell, at my local 4sound, and they sounded alot better in the bass range than the others in the same price range.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/view/bx6-carbon#.VqlMtoXhDmE

JBL LSR range. Low not but beautiful sounding monitors. They came recommended to me by a lecturer when I was doing a audio engineering degree (it's on hold as I"m to busy with two little kids to study).

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast#.VqlbysfeAcg

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb14/articles/jbl-3-series.htm

Also there's Equator Audio who have a great reputation http://www.equatoraudio.com

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec12/articles/equator-d5.htm

I'd have gotten them but they didn't ship or support warranty in my country at the time, now I have the JBL's.

they were both too expensive though and both were kinda rare in sweden, only found them on 2 places, and i dont wanna order them, i rather pick them up, so that they wont damage during shipping.

looks like the m-audio ones is becoming more attractive now.. and i allready know they sound good enough aswell.

i will think for a week or two. its a big investment and of course its well worth spending another 100 euro to be really satisfied than just be "ok" and still have spent alot of money.

• 6 months later...

buNj8N6.jpg

I'll add to this thread. Sadly, my EMX has some bad pots so it isn't usable at the moment. I will have to either repair it myself or find someone cheap to do it. Just got the mpc, so I'm still learning it but it is a great machine. On the far right top corner, you'll see the karimba. Such a beautiful and soft sounding instrument. Still learning that (along with the guitar) but so far, it is amazing.

that electribe mannnnnnn shit i love it :)

x0xb0x i have good shit , novation i had i sold it same with that akai mpc1000 was just meh more hiphop shit than anything else imo good pedals i like your pine table and that african instrument is cool too . congrats

my studios a big mess atm but im trying to sort it out ... maybe one day LOL