you need

A: A new computer!

B: A bigger desk!!

C: comon, buy a freakin rack will ya, put them shits in a rack where they belong you cant just have synths sitting on your carpet like that....

and what is whith the paper towels, seriously, save that for the after hours special, the pic is just missing the lube for it to be complete but instead you got a bottle of lysol or something.

Mmm yummy. Youd probably make a wounderful spouse.

edit. wait. thats windex. you put windex on your penis?

you need

A: A new computer!

B: A bigger desk!!

C: comon, buy a freakin rack will ya, put them shits in a rack where they belong you cant just have synths sitting on your carpet like that....

and what is whith the paper towels, seriously, save that for the after hours special, the pic is just missing the lube for it to be complete but instead you got a bottle of lysol or something.

Mmm yummy. Youd probably make a wounderful spouse.

edit. wait. thats windex. you put windex on your penis?

Only on wednesdays.

A:Computer is doing fine for now considering all the outboard gear.

B:Desk is fine for now too. Another euro case is what I really need next.

C:Keybaord stand is off to the side. But yea I'm pretty messy.

no that mac is done, i can see it on him he is done and waiting for the right moment to drop dead, i can see it in his eyes.

he is just like the king of rome in that movie about rome with that guy who played that schizhophreniac once, that guy, the same eyes and everything.

the eyes of defeat.

for the desk just go to IKEA man, we know whats up, well straighten you out!

Also I built a Tr808 clone. Don't think I've mentioned that on this forum quite yet

what do you mean you built one?

First off, you gotta be pretty cocky to talk about the tr808, second you talk about building one?

thats like me saying i painted a mona lisa except she was a stone cold fox in this one and not the ugly one like the orginal.

but in this case, the original IS the pretty one.

what do you mean you built one?

First off, you gotta be pretty cocky to talk about the tr808, second you talk about building one?

thats like me saying i painted a mona lisa except she was a stone cold fox in this one and not the ugly one like the orginal.

but in this case, the original IS the pretty one.

http://www.e-licktronic.com/en/content/25-yocto-tr808-clone-tr-808

It is the yocto clone. They provide the pcb and some essential components, dimensions of the enclosure to custom order lazer cut acrylic case, and a BOM to order components from component distributors. A couple weeks of soldering and assembling and you have a tr808 that doesn't cost you $3000+

ah. "essential" components. i.e the vagina of the lady. still pretty awesome though that you can build one now

no but really that is pretty cool. i cant think of a better use for it than jokes though, i mean, the samples are there for everyone allready so you dont actually need it for producing... so... its pretty much just there for the jokes.

ah. "essential" components. i.e the vagina of the lady. still pretty awesome though that you can build one now

no but really that is pretty cool. i cant think of a better use for it than jokes though, i mean, the samples are there for everyone allready so you dont actually need it for producing... so... its pretty much just there for the jokes.

well considering the unique analogue circuitry it has its own flavor. No two analogue machine are perfectly alike. Plus it's badass. You can try to deny it but then you'll just be amusing me :P

no no , if you didnt already grasp how much i think its badass, you should probably re-read my earlier comment.

the tr808 is a masterpiece. but since the samples is out there and well - NOONE could identify a sample taken from the original 808 or a toybox, its still up for jokes - but thats not letting it slide the fact that the tr808 is an amazing piece of hardware, just like the tb303.

no no , if you didnt already grasp how much i think its badass, you should probably re-read my earlier comment.

the tr808 is a masterpiece. but since the samples is out there and well - NOONE could identify a sample taken from the original 808 or a toybox, its still up for jokes - but thats not letting it slide the fact that the tr808 is an amazing piece of hardware, just like the tb303.

indeed is. they are my xox bros... they also play nice with my elektron twins :)

i can imagine. im left with cruddy pirated software, and youre left with decent hardware copies. i dont know WHERE it gets sad(dder) but its just a general sad state of affairs tbh.koxboxes all over the place, some contain cocaine, some contain acid, and some literally contain acid, some knobs here.. some there... a resonance knob for example... and there goes a cutoff knob.... on another synth it might not even say cutoff. so you are left clueless. "where is my fucking cutoff knob".

"its supposed to be right by the resonance knob".

and youll never know, its just a HP filter knob and the resonance knob was gay to begin with.. A SAD STATE OF AFFAIRS.

Samples are for lazy producers who make generic rubbish. Nothing beats real analogue. The swing, the sync not quite right, the sounds changing without much tweaking. Sounds much nicer than the same old boring perfect sample place in the perfect spot so it all sounds so clinical the groove is dead.

Oh the joke is that modern producers are stuck in the box & focus on being generic so they get a record deal which actually means nothing now-a-days anyway .

Come to one of my gigs. Mistakes are made, sometimes the midi fails and the sync gets screwed up. The melodies and tweaking is 100% live. There is not a single samples or computer near me. It's even better than my mates come along and we do a live jam with modular in top of the drums & x0x.

Computers beyond being a recording, mixing & mastering device are IMO the ruin of all musicz

yea this is basically the role of my comp at the moment. Though I occasionally use it for Max 4 Live stuff I program as well.

@AP - software is good especially if you have a nice controller to assign parameters to. I mainly departed due to eye sight loss from too much screen time. It takes years to accumulate such a hardware collection.

i actually wasnt even hating on anything, thats kinda funny to me though cause i really didnt say much, mostly jibberish and yet here i am trying to say one word or the other like im on trial..

I can understand it takes years and i wouldnt want to trade with you, the eye sight loss. and i feel for you , i really really do.

btw all hail the tb303 no other can come close!

hows that for software clones... i can play with my ABL2 vst all day and not come close to the gritty sound of the original.

not even the koxbox sounds proper to my ears

i actually wasnt even hating on anything, thats kinda funny to me though cause i really didnt say much, mostly jibberish and yet here i am trying to say one word or the other like im on trial..

I can understand it takes years and i wouldnt want to trade with you, the eye sight loss. and i feel for you , i really really do.

btw all hail the tb303 no other can come close!

hows that for software clones... i can play with my ABL2 vst all day and not come close to the gritty sound of the original.

not even the koxbox sounds proper to my ears

the xox filters are damn close though the osc always sound different. The 303 oscs are just so shitty and perfect.... also finding the right distortion for 303 screetchy madness is tricky. Sort of wish I had some pedals for this, though wavefolders have provided me with some pretty decent results.

the xox filters are damn close though the osc always sound different. The 303 oscs are just so shitty and perfect.... also finding the right distortion for 303 screetchy madness is tricky. Sort of wish I had some pedals for this, though wavefolders have provided me with some pretty decent results.

I love the Boss DS-1. I don't like it for my guitar but for some reason it's so nice with the x0x. I also have the MXR Distortion+ which was recommended to me by the dude who built it. It was used a lot in the 90's London Acid Techno sound. It's got a wonderful dirty punk edge to it. It's my choice for live performance with a Line 6 DL4 delay as well. Make it scream & twist.

I dont think its possible, sir. show me the 303 built by andy pledger, and put a vid up, that displays its awesome properties.

why you even in here if you just wanna say the word and then dont do it?

pic or it didnt happen is ever so true.

I can act like I got the SH101, the TB303, the TR808 and 909, the JP9000, the minimoog, the juno, whatever

i dont i give props when props due, and no other synt avaliable today can fuck with Roland

TB303 - Legend

TR808 and 909 - Legend, even in the commercial standpoint its not even just psytrance anymore.

SH-101, legend

jp, juno, jupiter, and other "big synths with large soundbanks"

not one piece of software can fuck with it.

but we try!

Ormion, if it works, it works. It's not the tools, but the artisan who makes all the difference.
  • Like 2