Anyone has this on CD (!):MFG - Project Genesis

Multi-Media

I'm kinda surprised by some conmments here. IMO this is MFG's best album. It was one of the first proper dark goa albums and has some of the best tracks ever written. Intelligent Machine, On Mars, Why?

Legendary.

I'm kinda surprised by some conmments here. IMO this is MFG's best album. It was one of the first proper dark goa albums and has some of the best tracks ever written. Intelligent Machine, On Mars, Why?

Legendary.

Indeed - totally agree. We are talking about the mudiness not the musical quality :)

Really?

yes

the music is good but it is ruined by a terrible mastering

their 4th album the message has a great mastering - the music is less good however

even MFG never plays a track of it in his live sets...

probably because of the poor mastering

yes

the music is good but it is ruined by a terrible mastering

their 4th album the message has a great mastering - the music is less good however

probably because of the poor mastering

Butttttt.........if it is "TRUE" live than the mastering on the CD has no impact ? Or are you saying they play the CDs on their live sets? LOL

I wish I could think like that but I just love clarity in EDM..

Yes, me too. There is a fine live however when I would call it overproduced (the word here is loudnss race)....

In case of certain metal, rock productions a "muddy" production may contribute to the athmosphere (mostly death,black or psychedelic rock).

However when I compare eg. Mayhems early "productions" (and also 1 or 2 of the later ones which have also bad production maybe because they want to sound" trve"

than I prefer still the better production of "DMDS" or "Wolfs Lair Abyss".....and in electronic this would be more so the case. As long it isnt too "loud" and clips.

IMO this is their best album. You should totally get the CD.

This was my impression too.... I would like to make a compilation from them. We can find some good tracks on their other albums too. But sadly they have

not the consistent (musical) quality like Genesis has. However the mastering of Genesis will not fit in with the other tracks. If I had the raw audio tracks

without any master applied I could master it myself and get a better result (I did this already with an old EBM track and it worked it sounds much better

than the original imo).. some of noise, mud... could be filtered I guess. However it would lose some information in these frequency ranges.