2 nights with Machine "Fucking" Head

Trunksan

Had an awesome weekend! It was so good that I felt I had to post it.

Saturday night was Machine Head Live. One of the top 3 concerts in my life (the other 2 are Pearl Jam and Meshuggah) and I've been to probably more than a 100 rock/metai/pop concerts, some bands more than once. Proper Metal mayhem at the pit, Mosh pits and wall of death, got punched, kicked and headbutted at the nose (this hurt but luckily didn't bleed).

After the concert I was so puffed that I didn't want to go home so I went to Sudyaya and Cabeiri Live at the "IT place" in Athens. Some lovely chill and melodic prog while outside the rain was pouring tonnes of water. It was great relaxation after such a powerful concert. Stayed until about 8 in the morning and outside was a lovely cool yet sunny morning (gotta love Greek weather).

The following night I was forced to go at the Athens beach area (Glyfada) by a friend of mine who wanted to talk about some marriage problems she has. Although I didn't want to go, it turned out to be one of the best decisions EVER:

We were at this very posh bar with people with expensive branded clothes ( I was in my flip flops). Next door to the bar is a shop that sells 2nd hand designer handbags with price tags that start over 500 eur. So as we were talking I see 7 huge guys with black clothes coming in the bar..... IT WAS MACHINE HEAD with their crew...
I spent the next hour talking to the group and rolling tobbaco cigarretes for them, since they like Greek tobacco (the legal kind) but can't roll, so for every cigarrete that I rolled they bought a round of drinks to the fans (just 5 of us really) that were there. The rest of the people didn't seem to like them being there.... fuckin posh pompous kids.

Anyway, I was invited to continue at other clubs with them, but UNFORTUNANETLY had to decline since I had to drive some guys home..... Otherwise I would have stayed and rolled cigarettes with them all night!!!!!

"Hey man, whos the guy with the hat next to Trunksan?"

12029840_929877803745633_303484969957873

Machine Head just pisses me off because of their last fall's behaviour of verbally attacking Children of Bodom Hate Crew like crybabies that came out of enviousness for that their fans are light-years behind of the commitment and loyalty The Hate Crew has. No links to that discussion, fb timelines have swallowed it long ago. But I am glad you had great time hanging out with the rockers :) Btw..maybe metal thread would be a proper place to start the topic ;)

Machine Head just pisses me off because of their last fall's behaviour of verbally attacking Children of Bodom Hate Crew like crybabies that came out of enviousness for that their fans are light-years behind of the commitment and loyalty The Hate Crew has. No links to that discussion, fb timelines have swallowed it long ago

It's funny you say this... When I was speaking with Robb I said, "So far I only had 2 mind blowing concerts, Peal Jam and Meshuggah and now I have a 3rd one" he replied " Love Pear Jam, Fuck Mesuggah", I didn't care to ask him why I should fuck the Swedes, found it weird and unprofessional though.

P.s. I don't like Children of Bodom, I find nothing special in their music.

Hey, technossomy, what's a great opener for meeting girls? Rolling tobacco? I don't get it.

It's funny you say this... When I was speaking with Robb I said, "So far I only had 2 mind blowing concerts, Peal Jam and Meshuggah and now I have a 3rd one" he replied " Love Pear Jam, Fuck Mesuggah"

Lol :lol:

And Children Of Bodom isn't just music..it is the down-to-earth attitude of the band members that sold my soul for them. They still are a "garage" band with lots of punk attitude after all 20 years and almost 3 million likers ;) The frontman still has a punk side project, too. And now I post a yt vid because I had some words here, eheheee (referring to my topic yt vids are annoying)..Alexi Laiho plays guitar in this band.

• 2 months later...

It's funny you say this... When I was speaking with Robb I said, "So far I only had 2 mind blowing concerts, Peal Jam and Meshuggah and now I have a 3rd one" he replied " Love Pear Jam, Fuck Mesuggah", I didn't care to ask him why I should fuck the Swedes, found it weird and unprofessional though.

P.s. I don't like Children of Bodom, I find nothing special in their music.

Hey, technossomy, what's a great opener for meeting girls? Rolling tobacco? I don't get it.

Neither Meshuggah nor COB are my cup of tea... both sound to "plastic" to me. However 3-4 MH albums are really cool. The Blackening + Burn My Eyes come to mind first.