what do you think about this?

Simonmush

not my style at all, but really fresh and clean production.

smooth sounds and good pressure in the kick and bass. well done!

I would probably mix a bit more bass into the kick and bassline though, but the compression is good.

It could be just me, but it seems there is alot missing in the 0-100hz range of bass.

Especially that important 50-80hz range.

may I ask, what DAW you use? Is it perhaps Logic?

first of all thanks for your replies!

@AP: yeah this is not the preferred style in this forum, i know but your feedback is usefull for me as well!

i raised the kb- cahannel at 51hz quite alot, but maybe i should test on another soundystem again. I´M using cubase,

maybe i`ll switch to ableton

@thomas: gladyou like it! i`m using mostly quite a lot of vocals and wanted to make a track with less this time.

So next time more agian i think!

I dont think swithing daws has anything to do with it, cubase is just fine :) Im using Nuendo myself which is Identical to Cubase when it comes to music production. But Im using an old version from 2009 because I cant afford to buy the latest one ;(

Anyway,

i just feel it lacks the subwoofer bass.

I always use the Waves plugin called http://www.waves.com/plugins/loair#adding-bottom-end-to-synth-bass"Lo Air"

and then change the preset to Low frequency mastering or something like that, I dont have anything installed atm so I dont remember exactly what it is called, then just dial down the knob in the middle all the way down, and then go up slightly until you are JUUUUSt clipping.

The knob to the left is for the frequency so in your case I would add just a liiitle bit of "lo air" on the 70hz range, and another Lo air with the same preset as earlier, and adding just slightly more "air" to where you juuust clip (its ok if it clips actually as long as your channel doesnt clip and the main out doesnt clip) in the 100-110hz range.

I think with this track I would use the 70hz range one on the kickdrum and the 100hz range on the main bassline.

Im by no means an expert at mixing. But something I do know is that this plugin works wonders, when you need a bit more overall bass, and using an eq wont do, this plugin doesnt work like an eq at all.

in some way i guess it could be called an exciter, but that would be wrong too. The best way to put it is actually it adds air to your bass :)

So yeah. Good luck and take the suggestions or dont, your track is still good, and the mixing is very fresh :)

i just thought maybe throwing this plugin at you, and have you play with it, will maybe make you go "oooh!" because its a really sweet arse plugin. I always use it on kick and bassline, hardly use any eq, for the low range at all any more, just mid and high range. For example the punch for the kick in the 120-150hz range an EQ is great, and likewise for the bassline but for the low range, 60hz and down, this plugin really works alot better than any EQ at those ranges. In my humble opinion.

Thanks for reading!

Yeah i was thinking about changing the daw in general, not because of the subbass. In Ableton i think you have more

and faster options to work with rendered audio parts! And the Live possibilies attracts me also.

The plug looks interesting, think i could give this a try. Tahnks