3. Three Eyes

4. Secret of an Amulet

5. Sending Love and Light

6. Transphinx

7. Organic Humanoids 2

8. Water Goddess

9. Guardian of the Gate

8SoVknF.jpg

Two games into the NFL season and my team has taken on this identity.

As a reviewer I have to absorb the music and its presentation without judgement or prejudice. Sometimes it's hard to do. I have internet friends who send me copies of their work and ask me to review it. It's great until I listen to it and it turns out to be a dumpster fire. But I write them for two reasons. One I enjoy doing it and two if I can shed some light on a release that you may not have been aware of. If the review is funny and you get a chuckle then everybody wins. Amithaba Buddha is one of the many projects of Filipe Santos and this is someone who has a history with Psynews. Not all of it pleasant. So what I decided to do was to list the reasons why you wouldn't like this and then supply a counter argument of why you might want to give it a chance.

"It's Filipe. He says mean things, is schizophrenic, and is probably on drugs."

Really? Maybe, but people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I'm far from perfect and have done and said some things that I'm not proud of. We've all done that. However, this is about the music. Remove all other distractions and focus on the music. Kanye West seems like a dick, but I was rocking Gold Digger just like everyone else.

"It's a CD-R. In a few years it's gonna melt and not be worth what I paid for it."

One, I don't know if that is actually true. Two, the original Goa Gate was made 7 years ago and that CD-R is fine. Besides most of us rip that sh*t to a computer anyway.

"It's basically the same track and sounds repeated nine times."

I disagree, but at least I can understand this complaint. The album does follow a similar vein, but that vein is power and multiple layers of twirling goa goodness. It does get samey, but it's so good! The sound is rich with melodies that crawl from deep hiding places to take their rightful place in the sun. I find it impossible to listen to this and not dance like nobody is watching. Which is untrue cause my kids are always watching and then they tell Mommy and everyone has a good laugh at my expense. Ha f*cking ha.

My point is this...love him or hate him you cannot deny his talent. I don't know him and unless you've been sitting next to him for the last 10 years you don't either. I don't deny his behavior has been perplexing and mean spirited at times on the forum. I don't begin to understand it and I damn sure ain't excusing it. Hell some artists might need that conflict and turmoil to make their art. But like I said in the beginning you have to listen to the music with blinders on. Filipe has been at this a long time and I would venture to say that if you didn't know who the artist was and looked at his catalog of work you wouldn't hesitate to put him up there with the greats of all time. This album is everything you could ask for and I am pleased that I have my copy. The fact I'm not getting extorted by the Discogs mafia is just a bonus.

Goa Gate? Two thumbs way f*cking up.

Submoon Bandcamp

• Like 3

Sounds brighter , fuller , better quality . Early version sounded dated.

You better stop lying about my mastering, and stop putting it down. The new version only has more treble, which puts hi-hats etc. in the foreground and melodies in the background.

Also it sounds like it was made from the old mastered tracks, not from the original unmastered ones.

You better stop lying about my mastering, and stop putting it down. The new version only has more treble, which puts hi-hats etc. in the foreground and melodies in the background.

Also it sounds like it was made from the old mastered tracks, not from the original unmastered ones.

1- You must think I'm stupid by bringing yourself here saying that I the artist mastered this album on top of your mediocre mastering? I'm sorry sir but you are completely wrong!

2-The new version sounds better which happens everything to be re-rendered from scratch as I own all the original work .

3- I didn't ask your opinion about the remastered version . I'm the artist I know how my Music sounds best not you.

4-Enjoy the Music.

--------------------------------------------

To everybody : please excuse and ignore digitoxins negativism .

The new album is out now.

https://submoonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/angels-trumpets

Enjoy the new music and many positive vibrations to all of you.