Nervasystem---B R A I N R A D I O Extended Player Released

Me either... I know I am missing out on some great music, but I can't bring myself to do it...

What about something like kunaki.com ? Since it's "on demand" I think there is very little risk, and I think there would be enough interest here to cover your cost...

Yeah , I agree with sidetrakkt.

Kunaki is great. :)

My congrats to Nervasystem for their new release.

That's some weird mental gymnastics, but whatever works for you! ;-)

Yeah, it's like giving money to an artist to download a release instead of giving an artist money to download a release.

I don't undersatnd this "I don't buy digital" mentality. You buy a CD, you get some ones and zeroes that represent the music, the same with downloads.

And of course, I prefer getting a CD instead of a download, but if a CD isn't available, that's not a reason for me to skip a purchase.

But this is getting off topic now.

Yeah, it's like giving money to an artist to download a release instead of giving an artist money to download a release.

I don't undersatnd this "I don't buy digital" mentality. You buy a CD, you get some ones and zeroes that represent the music, the same with downloads.

And of course, I prefer getting a CD instead of a download, but if a CD isn't available, that's not a reason for me to skip a purchase.

But this is getting off topic now.

Reverse applies as well here - I don't understand this "I buy digital" logic, because I don't get anything tangible for my money... Yes, I'm old school. Or plain 'old' :)

• Like 1

Reverse applies as well here - I don't understand this "I buy digital" logic, because I don't get anything tangible for my money... Yes, I'm old school. Or plain 'old' :)

Same goes for me - still need my CD or Vinyl wrapped with a nice sleeve artwork. I am already too old to just have everything "in the cloud" ;)

However, I could also live with CDRs (though CDs of course preferred), so Nervasystem 3 + 4 CDRs have been totally fine for me :-)

• Like 1

However, I could also live with CDRs (though CDs of course preferred), so Nervasystem 3 + 4 CDRs have been totally fine for me :-)

Yeah, I didn't mind those as well.

• Like 1

Well, It's a catch22 scenario. I dont have the budget right now to make physical ( i would love to btw) so i offer 4 new tracks, which took a long time time to make, and cost me in the process, but of course i did it for love of the music, and so now, i am offering them up for folks to download, which i most strongly urge folks to do if they enjoy the music, without which imay find myself in the position of not being able to do this anymore............because........no one buys the music. Example, i paid £20 to advertise a few posts on FB to boost the profile of this release, and it did: I reached 35,000 people apparently. I sent a few emails too (well, 200 or so to be exact.)..........Result? 3 downloads.

:(

Saying you dont buy digital is all well and good, but the artists DOING something and pushing the envelope (and there are a few people doing this believe it or not) NEED youer support in order to do so. If you buy the music, then the authors will be able to carry on (it's psycholgical, as well as physical).

I have a real financial crisis happening in my life right now and i survive from music, so sometimes even a few quid is a lifeline. There is no safety net when you are an artist, pretentious as that may sound, the reality is something most people don't want to think about.

Think about that when you listen to your favorite music on an underground scene. The artists have made sacrifices and put themselves on the line to deliver this......it's a calling, a mission, a desire to speak, to communicate.

If you like it, buy it, dont squabble about formats, support the souls making it, good things will come from that.......... If you don't like it, dont buy it.

There is a desire to communicate, whats the word again? ah yes, LOVE, that's the one. Ultimately it's that simple..............

Unfortunately we are all subject to the financial system, so........................

Help a brother out.

Oh, and BTW it takes balls to lay it out like this, but i'm tired this evening and there's nothing in the fridge, no gigs on the horizon and nothing in the diary, just a few debt collection agencies after my ass, and a bunch of people sending me emails and messages saying how much they love my music and how great i am and yet i'm flat broke and worried if i can keep a roof over my head and food on the table.

• Like 1

Just a bit of friendly advice Drezz:

I think you'll have a bit more success with the sales if you lower your price.

After currency exchange, my cost was over $2.00 per track.

These days, for a digital only release with nothing tangible to hold on to or resell, that's entirely too much money.

I only spent the money because of our past and connected friends.

If you were any other artist, I would have not spent that much money on a few digital only tracks.

I really love the EP and am excited to hear what else you have brewing but market value and the invisible hand of economics are, perhaps, letting you know that £5 is just too much for 4 tracks in today's market

Mr Drezz made a very good point here. No objections.

A question could be though, wasn't any cd label got reached or interested for a single album or double (depending the tracks) release? There are few more labels out there now, and since Nervasystem is an old legend & a quality standard, such a release could be better than many other getting out.

I still haven't listened to your new material, but judging by your previous stuff and Time Travel, just wondering..

OK Folks....................

New rules at Nervasystem Bandcamp. Latest 2 EPs. Pay what you want. FREE or the sky's the limit. Up to you. I would rather people have access to the music than not. If you want free, here it is, if you want to contribute, that's also possible. Enjoy the sounds..............................BOM !

Thank you to all who support the sounds.................

Love & Lashings of Frequency.

I am of course ever available for festivals, clubs, weddings, bar-mitzvahs......etc, etc................:)