New VA release by Goa Galaxy net-label from Bulgaria. The release came out 2 days ago.

a2487668925_10.jpg

Tracklist

1. Tranceway - Ulysses & The Sirens

Written-By, Producer – Franco Forte

2. Veasna - Dreams

Written-By, Producer – Patrick Dinklage

3. Psychedelic Quest - Chaotic Dimension

Written-By, Producer – Leonidas Giotis

4. Imba - Galaksija 2012

Written-By, Producer – Nikola Petrović

5. Nash Mafia Blues - Harmageddon

Written-By, Producer – Nasheen Ghurburrun

6. Sun Shadow - Unreal

Written-By, Producer – Alexander Vinshu*

7. Do.D.Idea - Awaking Dream

Written-By, Producer – Daniel Birger, Gilad Ben-Nahum

8. Lunar Dawn & Arronax - The Dark Side Of The Moon

Written-By, Producer – Kristijan Ilisinovic, Mirza Aljić, Saša Precanica

9. Hypnotic Ant - Spica

Written-By, Producer –

10. Itzamnia & Khetzal - The Year 10191

Violin –
Written-By, Producer –

Download from Goa Galaxy webpage for free:www.goagalaxy.com/music/011-planet-discovery.html

The third Goa Galaxy compilation.
GOAGALAXY011

credits

released 09 September 2015

compiled by GOAdelic
mastered by Maciej Zeman (OCCID)
cover art and design by GOAdelic & SatanicElectro
  • Like 4

New VA release by Goa Galaxy net-label from Bulgaria. The release came out 2 days ago.

Good compilation , one that caught me most attention was :

2. Veasna - Dreams

Which is also a member of this forum. Well done . Keep up the good work Patrick and Goa Galaxy.

I swear I saw this cover before, did not you release something before with the same cover? Tracklist looks interesting enough, will download, thank you!

I am not representing the label officially, I just shared the news about this release as a featuring artist, but to answer your question, the cover is part of the series, Galactic Discovery, Stellar Discovery and now Planet Discovery. They all have similar covers.

stellar_discovery.jpg

galactic_discovery.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder what will be discovered next? :o

Anyway, quite some good stuff on here, good flow throughout the whole compilation. Track 5, however, is quite the oddball and I don't like it at all, skipped when it started to sound like Rotterdam terror corps (eh), but that's only my view of course...

I'm pleasantly surprised by the track from Do.D Idea - never heard of these guys before, and they put out quite a track here! The closing track is sheer beauty. :)

I am not representing the label officially, I just shared the news about this release as a featuring artist, but to answer your question, the cover is part of the series, Galactic Discovery, Stellar Discovery and now Planet Discovery. They all have similar covers.

stellar_discovery.jpg

galactic_discovery.jpg

Lots of discoveries! It's funny but very humble . It's nice keep it up guys! :) Thumbs up.

I wonder what will be discovered next? :o

Anyway, quite some good stuff on here, good flow throughout the whole compilation. Track 5, however, is quite the oddball and I don't like it at all, skipped when it started to sound like Rotterdam terror corps (eh), but that's only my view of course...

I'm pleasantly surprised by the track from Do.D Idea - never heard of these guys before, and they put out quite a track here! The closing track is sheer beauty. :)

Yeah it's your opinion , don't want to inflate your head but your track was one that sounded best. Keep it up. :)

Goa Galaxy netlabel is doing really great job for couple of years now and it's shame people miss some of their releases. I hope this compilation will change that trend and it would be great to see some of these releases featured on Ektoplazm since there is no free Goa trance music featured there and the quality of GG releases is a lot better than many releases that are on Ektoplazm.

Anyway, good work everyone!

• Like 3

If you like my track and want to spare your ears you can download the unmastered version where all the dynamics aren't all flattened out here: https://m.soundcloud.com/hypnotic-ant/hypnotic-ant-spica

Downloaded. :/

I can see VAs being difficult to master... all the tracks have to play nice with each other and not keep you reaching for the volume. But if it's going to degrade the sound quality of the tracks to the extent that the artists complain I'm not a fan.

I can see VAs being difficult to master... all the tracks have to play nice with each other and not keep you reaching for the volume. But if it's going to degrade the sound quality of the tracks to the extent that the artists complain I'm not a fan.

Well obviously there are one track or two that you need to control the volume yourself according to your need and taste :) Nothing is perfect afterall we are only human. :)

I agree there are Masterings out there being done by big names even that completely wreck the original sound of the song/track.

Overall I think it's a very good initiative from Goa galaxy to make releases where smaller and upcoming artists can be heard. And since it's free I understand that everything can't be top notch.

Let's just hope that the mastering will be better in the future :-)

• Like 1

Good compilation , one that caught me most attention was :

2. Veasna - Dreams

Which is also a member of this forum. Well done . Keep up the good work Patrick and Goa Galaxy.

Yeah it's your opinion , don't want to inflate your head but your track was one that sounded best. Keep it up. :)

Thank you! :)

I'll try my best to increase my output, a lot might be ready for release by next year!

The loudness war is really bad news for goa trance.

The problem with many free releases is that often, those who master them are hobbyists. Yeah, they may have some advanced knowledge, but in the end they are amateurs. When they try to get the overall loudness to compete with Tim Schuldt-like masters (and those are not always ideal for goa, either), you enter a world of compression and brickwalls, at least that's my impression.

There's no reason whatsoever to peak at 0dB every few samples, but this message seems to be hard to deliver.

• Like 1

Thank you! :)

I'll try my best to increase my output, a lot might be ready for release by next year!

The loudness war is really bad news for goa trance.

The problem with many free releases is that often, those who master them are hobbyists. Yeah, they may have some advanced knowledge, but in the end they are amateurs. When they try to get the overall loudness to compete with Tim Schuldt-like masters (and those are not always ideal for goa, either), you enter a world of compression and brickwalls, at least that's my impression.

There's no reason whatsoever to peak at 0dB every few samples, but this message seems to be hard to deliver.

No problem mate.

Yeap. Blame Tim Shults. Completely destroys the music. He ain't touching mine ever again.

Yeap. Blame Tim Shults. Completely destroys the music. He ain't touching mine ever again.

That's not what I meant, I find most of his masters very good (but he could also to do less maximizing, goa doesn't really need it). I think it's amateurs trying to sound like him and other pros that can end up in a mess, because they don't have the resources, or the knowledge to use them right, or the knowledge to get there without them, if that's even possible. And, of course, it makes a huge difference if you get paid for something or if you can always say "well, it's just a hobby" (not accusing them of anything, that's just the way it is in my eyes).

For the sake of this thread though, this would be an interesting topic to start a new one for. :)

We should discuss the music here, and that's mostly pretty good. Proud to be part of it! :D

That's not what I meant, I find most of his masters very good (but he could also to do less maximizing, goa doesn't really need it). I think it's amateurs trying to sound like him and other pros that can end up in a mess, because they don't have the resources, or the knowledge to use them right, or the knowledge to get there without them, if that's even possible. And, of course, it makes a huge difference if you get paid for something or if you can always say "well, it's just a hobby" (not accusing them of anything, that's just the way it is in my eyes).

For the sake of this thread though, this would be an interesting topic to start a new one for. :)

We should discuss the music here, and that's mostly pretty good. Proud to be part of it! :D

Sorry don't agree. He wrecks everything and everybody seems to be sucked by his hype. Sorry Tim Shul.

I know another Tim (one of my friends) and he's a fisherman.

And I'm also not going to reveal my mastering technique because it's none of his business.

Paid or no paid i still do the same type of job. But i need to put bread on the table so i'd rather get paid.

That's not what I meant, I find most of his masters very good

Well you didn't mean it but i do. His masters blow.

To finalyse :

- His brickwalls are a laugh and a joke

- He did Orange Acid

- I do Citrus

- The rest is History.

You are right, it is Galactic discovery that I downloaded two years ago. The quality has improved since.

skip filler tracks, this is my Goa Galaxy Discovery selection from volume 1,2,3:

Astralunka - Oniric Wild

Cactus Arising - Magic Notes

Carbon - Enlightenment

Do.D.Idea - Awaking Dream

GalaxyUnit - Dominators

GoaAngel - Fallen Star

Hypnotic Ant - Spica

Lunar Dawn & Arronax - The Dark Side Of The Moon

Protorai - Treetop Kingdom

Shtrom - Electro Magnetic

Somnesia - When Stars Dream

Structural Mind Engine - The Source