New Psynews Contest

Ormion

I feel literally the same here. Every track I make ends up in my everyday playlists. ;)

And yes, if I can simply put something in a category - to me that means that you know something else that sounds very similar if not the same - I'll most likely dump it. It happens with plenty of newschool productions, sadly.

By the way your track in the recent goa galaxy compilation was one that brought my attention , i suggest you keep up whatever you're doing and keep working hard! :)

Did I ever say I wasnt gonna participate? I dont recall that :/ I even said "Ill certainly try".

And dont you agree that Imba, Nova Fractal and Vaesna is Class AA+ producers, and it makes it a little intimidating for someone like me?

Or do I just rub you the wrong way for some reason.... was hoping bygons would be bygons. For everything.

Peace bro.

Music just like any other art should be presented to the people, i mean it's meant for people.

It's not contest for best remix so you don't have reason to be intimidated. Look at this as friendly contest! There will be plenty music in many various styles and many people have different tastes, who knows, maybe you end as no1?

Even if you don't win, or me, or anyone... at least people will hear our music, our love, passion, idea and for me that is a WIN already :)

Now shut up and post your track, and do it with pleasure! :P

• Like 3

If I decide to enter one of my old tracks, it's made in Impulse Tracker in 1999, on a Pentium 133MHz PC with a Sound Blaster 16. No EQs or compressors on other fancy effects anywhere. Mixed on an amp+speaker combo from the '70s I got for free. And it still sounds fucking great on my proper studio monitors, barely anything needs to be done to the mix.

So basically, ignore who you're "up against" and go for it.

Haha. Well. Certain people are geniouses. Then we have people like you. One of a kind. I know people producing tracks JUST in Soundforge..

I have many a .xm and .mod files that I still adore, and I have NO CLUE how they made it so damn good, but they did... as well as you I suppose :)

But I get youre point exactly, and I agree. I dont have any excuses. But there is no sence in denying that having at least SOME equipment (like a pair of monitors) will at least give you a benefit rather than a disadvantage.

What? :D

I mean, I get where you're coming from, but I'd say the most interesting music wins in a competition like this, not what has been produced by the most experienced people. I usually find music by newcomers more interesting than music coming from people who released 4 albums before.

Not saying production doesn't matter, certainly experience helps here like nothing else. But being unexperienced often means that you'll experiment more, and that's where the good stuff comes from. :)

No need to feel intimidated - depending on the perspective, you might even have an advantage!

I guess youre right. But still, having heard all your tracks youve posted, Im having a hard time accepting the fact that I would even be CONSIDERED to be in the same VA as you, imba or nova fractal.

Yes. Get to work buddy.

If you can make Spiritual healing sound nicer than the original, I have no doubt that you can get a good track for the competition. Good luck. :)

@Paul -- can't wait hear your track. Downtempo? Uptempo? Midtempo? :D

Sorry for not being clear. I meant - if the dude can remix that classic and make it sound nicer (to me) then, I am pretty sure he can get a good(original) track for the competition.

(Bad English, I know. Working on it)

Thank you brother, means alot. I hope you checked out the new version, its in the thread. Its the final version for now. Gonna take a break from that little project which just happened to occur out of pure randomness.

Music just like any other art should be presented to the people, i mean it's meant for people.

It's not contest for best remix so you don't have reason to be intimidated. Look at this as friendly contest! There will be plenty music in many various styles and many people have different tastes, who knows, maybe you end as no1?

Even if you don't win, or me, or anyone... at least people will hear our music, our love, passion, idea and for me that is a WIN already :)

Now shut up and post your track, and do it with pleasure! :P

Haha, thanks man.

But like I said to Vaesna, going up against you or Nova fractal, Im like, your biggest fans - just feels like I should stay out if the whole thing and not embarass myself consorting with the likes of you.

And I say that with all positivity and heart I can muster.

But sure, Ill try something, If I can find the time, inspiration, and that "luck" you need to get in the zone... Yeah.. maybe...

We'll see.

Thank you all for just general nice comments, and keeping it positive! And showing that you clearly want people like me, unreleased, pretty much unheard of, to not be intimitaded by "big names" such as youselves.

For me its already an honor just speaking with you, to be quite honest.

Given that I got special permission just the other week to hear Nova Fractal - The Wheel Of Time, I mean, who can top that? Not even Artifact303 could, well, maybe he could, I dunno, but then he'd have to one-up his track Feelings, which I doubt is possible.

Anyway enough from me now. Sorry for the long post. Thanks guys and good luck to all.

• Like 1

Haha. Well. Certain people are geniouses. Then we have people like you. One of a kind. I know people producing tracks JUST in Soundforge..

I have many a .xm and .mod files that I still adore, and I have NO CLUE how they made it so damn good, but they did... as well as you I suppose :)

But I get youre point exactly, and I agree. I dont have any excuses. But there is no sence in denying that having at least SOME equipment (like a pair of monitors) will at least give you a benefit rather than a disadvantage.

I guess youre right. But still, having heard all your tracks youve posted, Im having a hard time accepting the fact that I would even be CONSIDERED to be in the same VA as you, imba or nova fractal.

Thank you brother, means alot. I hope you checked out the new version, its in the thread. Its the final version for now. Gonna take a break from that little project which just happened to occur out of pure randomness.

Haha, thanks man.

But like I said to Vaesna, going up against you or Nova fractal, Im like, your biggest fans - just feels like I should stay out if the whole thing and not embarass myself consorting with the likes of you.

And I say that with all positivity and heart I can muster.

But sure, Ill try something, If I can find the time, inspiration, and that "luck" you need to get in the zone... Yeah.. maybe...

We'll see.

Thank you all for just general nice comments, and keeping it positive! And showing that you clearly want people like me, unreleased, pretty much unheard of, to not be intimitaded by "big names" such as youselves.

For me its already an honor just speaking with you, to be quite honest.

Given that I got special permission just the other week to hear Nova Fractal - The Wheel Of Time, I mean, who can top that? Not even Artifact303 could, well, maybe he could, I dunno, but then he'd have to one-up his track Feelings, which I doubt is possible.

Anyway enough from me now. Sorry for the long post. Thanks guys and good luck to all.

You don't have to go 'against' anybody , just create if you feel like it.

Keep it positive and stay strong. :)

But like I said to Vaesna, going up against you or Nova fractal, Im like, your biggest fans ...

Thanks, happy to hear that!

And that is even one more reason why you should submit, if you can be with artist you like on same compilation.

Like me... if i have chance to release with Boris Blenn or Radi.. oh thats my dream! If not release just rub over their leggings or something :lol:

Good luck :)

I hope to have a track to submit before the deadline, though given that I've been working on it for weeks already and it's still only a minute and a half long, it's not looking too hopeful.

I hope to have a track to submit before the deadline, though given that I've been working on it for weeks already and it's still only a minute and a half long, it's not looking too hopeful.

heh. I have about 65+ tracks or so, thats only basically a climax loop.

Building a track, arranging, sequencing, putting Fx, all that noise, Ive only made it with ONE single track since i started playing around making music in 2001ish.

So yeah. I know what you mean. When was the deadline again, to post a song to soundcloud?

Is it better to post it sooner, i.e - do you have an advantage if you post early or late?

Or do that have nothing to do with the actual voting process.

I mean lets say there are 50 submissions, and at the last day, I post mine, do I still have an equal shot of making it.

Hope you understand my question, whoever wants to answer it.

Cheers!

Is it better to post it sooner, i.e - do you have an advantage if you post early or late?

Or do that have nothing to do with the actual voting process

No advantage, not really. We will have a lengthy voting period where our members will listen to all the tracks and vote carefully.

No advantage, not really. We will have a lengthy voting period where our members will listen to all the tracks and vote carefully.

Yeah but the members can already do that. So if they already picked out their 10 favorites of the 50 tracks, and I come and post mine on the last day - it seems most people will have already made up their mind on who to pick?

I personally think, that no songs should be avaliable to listen to - until the deadline.

This will give all tracks a genuinely equal chance on being voted on.

Hope yuo understand what I mean.

Im not trying to alter the rules just for me - but it seems the most fair.

That no songs are avaliable until the Voting process starts.

I hope noone misunderstood me. I mean, I wasnt thinking about the rules just for me or anything, i just wanted it all to be equally fair.

Hope everyone got that.. was just using myself as an example.

I might not even submit anything so I definately wasnt talking about me per se. Just using it as an example.

Thanks.

What you say makes sense, but I doubt the more someone listens to a track the more he likes it. If anything I would argue that the more you listen to something the more you'll get tired of it.

In the Sideffect contest we had 11 tracks since day one, but iirc only one of them won.

Plus soundcloud has no option of private groups.

Darkpsy? Psycore? Hi-Tech? KDD - inspired downtempo? Like zdazdakin.

Good luck.. Looking forward to some variety in the competition.

@Oopie -- good luck Bhai.. Give us more of that Trippy midtempo madness yeeeeaa! :D

I so wish Artha would come back and give us Mahabharatha 2! I will keep on praying for this.

Looks excellent! I guess I'll try my luck here. :)

Considering to give my work-in-progress tracks some polish for this contest. It would probably make more sense to submit a Psybreaks or Psytrance track rather than a Psy-DnB track, right?

Good to see you back , i remember your tracks back in the days! Respect. :)

• Like 1

Darkpsy? Psycore? Hi-Tech? KDD - inspired downtempo? Like zdazdakin.

Good luck.. Looking forward to some variety in the competition.

Actually the track I'm working on is Goa, kinda. Hopefully there'll be plenty of variety anyway, there was last time.

• Like 3