New Psynews Contest

Ormion

Well, to be fair, as much as I'd like to see Styr0x participating, his track is already released here (seems like a different version though as it's not the same length). Maybe you mods should take your time to check all tracks just to stick to the rules?

Well, to be fair, as much as I'd like to see Styr0x participating, his track is already released here (seems like a different version though as it's not the same length). Maybe you mods should take your time to check all tracks just to stick to the rules?

We will. I guess asking ppl to read the rules was too much. :P

rules say: Remixes of other artists' work are NOT allowed. You can, however, submit a remix of one of your tracks.

Yes, Cybernetica's track is really good, but at least some others are also more than decent. Seems that most tracks are on darker side of psy though, which is not my cup of tea, but at least the production quality is really high.

Btw, didn't I make a mistake by submitting an unmastered track? Mine is much quieter than the others, is feels like most of the tracks here at least have been processed with a limiter or something to boost up the sound, this may influence the listeners.

Yes, Cybernetica's track is really good, but at least some others are also more than decent. Seems that most tracks are on darker side of psy though, which is not my cup of tea, but at least the production quality is really high.

Btw, didn't I make a mistake by submitting an unmastered track? Mine is much quieter than the others, is feels like most of the tracks here at least have been processed with a limiter or something to boost up the sound, this may influence the listeners.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, they know where the volume knob is. No need to scrutinize over a quiet mix, I say. The rules said it didn't have to be mastered, I'm pretty sure. You'd have to remove master fx and adjust headroom if you won, anyway. Mine wasn't and I heard some others that didn't sound mastered and still sounded good :P

• Like 1

rules say: Remixes of other artists' work are NOT allowed. You can, however, submit a remix of one of your tracks.

That's why the remark that it might be a different version :)

I listened to both versions, the one in soundcloud and the one in bandcamp and they sound identical minus the longer outro. I have pmed the artist about it, but still no answer.

If anything we want unmastered tracks. The rules specify that, unless the already mastered tracks fit our own mastering sound. Don't worry about it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...