Please recommend me some melodic full-on like Digicult

recursion loop

I freakin love Digicult especilally The Lucid Nation album, here are my favorite tracks

and I want more songs like these. Basically, I need music with full-onish basslines and synths which has some prominent and memorable melodies, neither very dark nor too cheesy (by "cheesy" I mean stuff like Electro Sun, Intersys, Perplex, Talamaska, generally the music with MTV-pop/happy rave melodics, especially vocal tracks). I don't mind some uplifting trance and/or goa elements (like the first track I've posted has both uplifting and goa synth lines).

Other albums and compliations I already have which contain the right elements and have the right vibe

U-Recken: Deeper into Man, Flames of Equilibrium

Tropical Bleyage (wtf does their name mean?): Melodic Perception

Bitkit: Necessary Illusions, The Last Shadow

Ephedrix: Expander, Far Away

Aquila: Gain Control

Protoculture: Circadians, Refractions

Fatali: Faith

System Nipel: Deep into Matter (but not the later stuff)

Astrix: One Step Ahead

Toast3d: High Infinity (too cheesy sometimes but some tracks are ok)

Space Buddha/Toast3d: Reality Check

Nord Project: Terracore

Compilations:

Orientation Vols. 3-5

Goa Neo Full-on, Vols 3-4

Agitato Homemade Vol. 3

I used to follow the releases by Dacru, but they switched to night fullon (Spirit Architect, Djantrix) which is not my cup of tea. When going through recent full-on releases at other labels I ususally come across either too dark stuff or something boring and uninspired

you already know many the good ones, so i don't know if you didn't know my recommendations or listened to and disliked them ;)

check out:

psydrop - fantasy seeds

fatali - moments

silicon sound - pure analog

electric universe - cosmic experience

the old stuff from talamasca (the new albums are cheesy, but anything up to zodiac is quite good)

and the last three albums by cosmosis.

artists that are quite different in style, but still fit your description are: cosmo circle or braincell

Guys, thank you for the suggestions, will check them out!

I have this album by Silicon Sound, for some reason I copmletely forgot that I have it, but it's indeed quite good, thanks for reminding me about it. As for Talamaska, I only lsitened to his "Psychedelic Trance" album which sounds more like a bunch of Hollywood film trailers rather than anything psychedelic but the guy obviously has some melodic talent which I appreciate. Which album by him would you recommend to start with?

I also have "Journeys into Outer Space" by Electric Universe, there are some decent tunes on this one (Liberation is very good) but overall it is too dark/acidic for my taste, it is more of night full-on, isn't it?

Btw, I should add "Analog Superhero" by Ibojima to my list of good melodic psy, listening to it just now and it is quite enjoyable.

As for Talamaska, I only lsitened to his "Psychedelic Trance" album which sounds more like a bunch of Hollywood film trailers rather than anything psychedelic but the guy obviously has some melodic talent which I appreciate. Which album by him would you recommend to start with?

I also have "Journeys into Outer Space" by Electric Universe, there are some decent tunes on this one (Liberation is very good) but overall it is too dark/acidic for my taste, it is more of night full-on, isn't it?

Btw, I should add "Analog Superhero" by Ibojima to my list of good melodic psy, listening to it just now and it is quite enjoyable.

i think you'd like zodiac the most. musica divinorum is quite good too (if only for time simulation) but generally a bit weirder/more minimalistic than zodiac.

now i'm not sure if you'd like more than 2-3 tracks of the talamasca and electric universe albums, when you call 'journeys into outer space night-fullon ;). i never saw that album as night or morning, just as fullon. but if being a morning album (as opposed to just good melodic fullon that's neither dark nor cheesy) is mandatory, strike out these two and insert alternative control - alt+ctrl instead. it might be borderline cheesy sometimes, but not anywhere near electro sun or similar. or even better but a bit less morning: optokoppler - replugged.

imho, there's no better morning fullon album than protoculture - refractions, so if you know that one already you'll have to compromose, either in the music being not quite as good or the albums being not purely morning ;)

i think you'd like zodiac the most. musica divinorum is quite good too (if only for time simulation) but generally a bit weirder/more minimalistic than zodiac.

now i'm not sure if you'd like more than 2-3 tracks of the talamasca and electric universe albums, when you call 'journeys into outer space night-fullon ;). i never saw that album as night or morning, just as fullon. but if being a morning album (as opposed to just good melodic fullon that's neither dark nor cheesy) is mandatory, strike out these two and insert alternative control - alt+ctrl instead. it might be borderline cheesy sometimes, but not anywhere near electro sun or similar. or even better but a bit less morning: optokoppler - replugged.

imho, there's no better morning fullon album than protoculture - refractions, so if you know that one already you'll have to compromose, either in the music being not quite as good or the albums being not purely morning ;)

I'm relatively new to psytrance so I may be messing up the subgenre definitions. To me, "night full-on" means any highly energetic psy with sinister or agressive mood, while "morning" means fluffy and melodic (Digicult, Protoculture, Fatali, U-Recken). Journey into other Spaces has some tracks which I do really like (my absolute fav is "Freedom" - not sure why I've called it "Liberation" in my above post - and I love everything in this track) but what I dislike about the whole album is that there are almost no changes in the overall sound - just 70 minutes of agressive acidic soundscapes. I prefer randomly mixing the tracks from JIOS with more fluffy tracks (like Protoculture) in my playlist.

I know this track by Optokoppler and really like it. If their other music is like that it's definitely worth checking out

Right now I'm listening to the Spectra album recommended by Manuser. It seems that the production quality is not great according to today standards but the music itself is not bad.

I'm relatively new to psytrance so I may be messing up the subgenre definitions. To me, "night full-on" means any highly energetic psy with sinister or agressive mood, while "morning" means fluffy and melodic (Digicult, Protoculture, Fatali, U-Recken). Journey into other Spaces has some tracks which I do really like (my absolute fav is "Freedom" - not sure why I've called it "Liberation" in my above post - and I love everything in this track) but what I dislike about the whole album is that there are almost no changes in the overall sound - just 70 minutes of agressive acidic soundscapes. I prefer randomly mixing the tracks from JIOS with more fluffy tracks (like Protoculture) in my playlist.

or maybe my definitions are a bit outdated? this and this is what i'd call night fullon, but i guess the sound from the first example has merged into twilight and the latter has pretty much disappeared....

i agree that journey into other spaces most of the tracks have a similar vibe (making remembering them distincly difficult), cosmic experience is quite a bit better in that respect.