The best mix you've ever heard

ollylovesgoa

A really good mix is unforgettable, building a story around your favourite tracks, displaying some technical skill and hearing some tunes for the first time.

Anyone here got a particular mix or mix cd they think works particularly well or bears special significance to them and their memory of Goa trance?

I personally don't think you can beat the '94 Oakenfold mix. It brought Goa to a new audience early in the development of the music, and the track selection is ace, mixing some total wild cards into the trance dance:

• Like 3

Retro: 10 years of Israeli Trance both cds (cd1 by Astral projection, cd 2 by Eyal Yankovich and Erez).

And Distance To Goa 4 second cd by Dino Psaras.

Yeah Distance to Goa 4 is cracking, Party Droid followed by Space Pussy is an unreal finisher to a mix.

DJ Stevo Multiverse is best newschool goa mix out there (and imo Stevo is top DJ anyway) This is so good that if I have to pick just one release for the rest of my life this is it (I told it to Stevo and begged him to do part 2 and he said he will think about it :))

http://www.ektoplazm.com/mixes/dj-stevo-multiverse

Tracklist:

01 - Trinodia - Deceive My Eyes
02 - Grand-Cheff - Lady Of Steel
03 - Agneton - Wizards From The Future (Afterlife Mix)
04 - Sky Technology - Lost Worlds
05 - Mindsphere - To Infinity (2010 Mix)
06 - Project Shidartha - Astral Levitation
07 - Radical Distortion - Goa Station
08 - Nova Fractal - Perplexed
09 - Cosmic Silence - Electric Manna
10 - BlackStarrFinale - Classic Attack
11 - Arronax & Somnesia - The Black Hole

Does this also include DJ sets played at parties?

Well, assuming it does: Miazu & Polly @ the first Existence Festival in Finland, July 2010. I don't know what the fuck happened but that still is the most intense and best flowing DJ set I've ever experienced. No goa, just some hard banging psy with shitloads of twists and turns.

I was supposed to get the tracklist after the festival but it never happened so I have no idea what they played.

Well, assuming it does: Miazu & Polly @ the first Existence Festival in Finland, July 2010. I don't know what the fuck happened but that still is the most intense and best flowing DJ set I've ever experienced. No goa, just some hard banging psy with shitloads of twists and turns.

I believe you. I just for some reason don't recall. Maybe I had some too good time ;)

Just to be clear I think this thread should definetly include mixes from parties, it's what mixes are for after all! A tracklist would be appreciated though.

I loved the mix of Tsuyoshi Suzuki when he played in Bangalore. I have no idea about the tracks though :D was still early days , I had just heard Cyclone and I was sure I have to attend the party. I'm so glad I did. Best part was in between full power Goa this Angel(dressed in white) comes in with her violin! to bless us all. Up went all the hands thanking God for this amazing day :)

That is all I remember. If I search for the flyer I can get the name of the violinist :D that's all.

that's a really nice one. at some points it's a bit too darkpsy for my taste, but with that kind of storytelling that doesn't matter at all. do you know if it's still available for download somwhere?

He used to have a website but all the links there are dead. I downloaded it with a youtube to mp3 downloader thingymajick. And I know right? The guy put some serious thought into selecting the tracks.