Anu Katariina

@Ormion

I don't think this can be fixed.

It's a mindset thing. Either you are the 'progressive' (no not psy :D ) type of person that is focused on exploring new stuff or you are the conservative type of person that is focusing on keeping the current.

Now the issue on the internet is, that it is very easy for the second group to get rid of the first one.

Comes back to same again - the first group will just silently disappear if there is nothing new to read/write, while the second one will keep sticking around cuz it's their turf.

No idea how to fix that, since I'm a strong advocate of "everyone has to build his own mind".

If people don't want to talk about new-shool stuff or genres they don't like, this is completely fine. Don't even want to change that, it's their mind - who I am to tell them that they need to change it??? Don't want anyone trying to change me, so I also don't try it with others.

I think there's been a lull in new releases that really excite people. I just took a look at my music library additions over the last few months and my favorite new album was Ozric's Technicians Of The Sacred. The latest goa / psy stuff is OK, but nothing has really hooked me. A lot of it sounds competent but bland. The only album that's really made an impression so far this year was Qiujan's Ritual To The Light. Maybe there's too much new music and not enough time to absorb it. Maybe we're all sated by the great music from the past. Maybe other goa / psy fans like myself are just spending more time on other musical genres.

IMHO I think sticking to one genre only is the reason why got bored.

I could be wrong.. but if I think about watching same TV-series for 10 years, or books from same author for 10 years, or ... I will get bored for sure. It's just the same for music, at least for me.

I pretty much listen to all kind of electronic music and usually, after I'm through with listing to the lastest-and-greates EDM BREAK-DROP-BREAK-DROP set, my eyes are open again about why I love psytrance so much compared to i.e. EDM :D

How come a new member can tell psynews is dying ... hehe

anyway for me a few reasons:

- early 2000 when this forum was created (goatrance.free.fr if i remember correctly), psychedelic trance was still something fresh and still a recent genre, people got crazy about it

- today's music is IMO not as interesting as the music in the 90's and early 2000

- even in the early 2000 there was lots of innovation and new genres created (tech trance, full on, darkpsy...), seen as good or bad according to people taste, but it made people discuss a lot

- many people prefer the old school sound but it got discussed over and over again (radi getting bashed here for doing so 2 years ago)...(and getting bashed for creating these kind of topics by the way ^^ )

- psynews has became goanews, its all about goa trance while other genres get ignored (apart from chill out music)

- something that has not been said yet: back in the days I felt people were more genuine in their reviews as I dont remember many artists and labels getting involved in the discussions (I don't think artists and labels should post in the review section anyway) - remember the golden age when new X-dream albums getting 5 pages of reviews? "its brilliant! 10/10" "it's crap 1/10" :lol:

so yeah, anyway I still read and like this place, mainly for the review section, don't have much time lately unfortunately to review music myself.

How come a new member can tell psynews is dying ... hehe

Read carefully: it was a friend's opinion (member over 10 years: I didn't say it first but I say now) and I was just fermenting the topic and good that I did. Lots of answers and interesting info of upcoming contests even + pushes me to donate.

Maybe in ten years Psynews will be flooded with "conservative" users who happened to love fullon!

:P

ten years? this is already happening. many of us (me included) have fond memories of the good old 2003/2004 fullon sound ;)

though i think it's not about being "conservative" at all. some like sound that by chance is out of fashion at the time. fashion is cyclic so if you stay true to your preferences you'll be called "conservative" now but "cutting edge" in a few years ;).

• Like 1

ten years? this is already happening. many of us (me included) have fond memories of the good old 2003/2004 fullon sound ;)

though i think it's not about being "conservative" at all. some like sound that by chance is out of fashion at the time. fashion is cyclic so if you stay true to your preferences you'll be called "conservative" now but "cutting edge" in a few years ;).

This is true, I adore the 2000/2001 tech trance style, and have a huge soft spot for the melodies of 03/04. Can't see myself feeling the same about psytrance post 2007 though, partly because there is just so much of it that inevitably the amount of poor quality releases goes up, but I do listen to new music, mostly ambient / IDM.

Read carefully: it was a friend's opinion (member over 10 years: I didn't say it first but I say now) and I was just fermenting the topic and good that I did. Lots of answers and interesting info of upcoming contests even + pushes me to donate.

My bad, I misunderstood :)

Hey ! We're in the middle of the Golden Age of Psybient music !

That's actually true, not my very favourite genre compared to psytrance but interesting enough and developing nicely.

I shall also participate more, I do have some ideas but never manage to get them written.

Eagerly waiting for your ideas, sir!

My bad, I misunderstood :)

It is okay.

In my experience the banned guys are some of the least likely to leave forever.

Hell yeah! That's why there's love around. The most likely ones to be devotional, right?

Enough replies to see psynews is still alive... :P

Only issue indeed, how to get other dicussions here as well about proggie or whatever :)

Imagine someone opening a thread like :

Hey bro, let's talk Prog or House. How about some some dubstep?

Shot Dead Buried :P:D

• Like 1

Imagine someone opening a thread like :

Hey bro, let's talk Prog or House.

House: I am glad to as far as it is Lunar Dawn and LSD house = S&C of ma boyz and The Same Old Souls of Danny boy. As a marketing professional I am using this spot: damn best fresh house aka LSD (this is off topic, no one can blame me ;-)) https://soundcloud.com/ohsocoy/the-same-old-souls-house-thangs?in=ohsocoy/sets/the-same-old-souls-house

House: I am glad to as far as it is Lunar Dawn and LSD house = S&C of ma boyz and The Same Old Souls of Danny boy. As a marketing professional I am using this spot: damn best fresh house aka LSD

I'm...slightly confused about what you're talking about here :)

House? LSD? A new sub-genre called "LSD House" (Acid House?) or what?

I'm...slightly confused about what you're talking about here :)

House? LSD? A new sub-genre called "LSD House" (Acid House?) or what?

Lectro Spektral Daze

3) Try it, but I hardly believe someone that has lost interested will come back because of such an e-mail.

I made a classical mistake and went off topic even though off topic (house comment), which is likely to kill the thread but yeah, what comes to the quote I guess psynews members wouldn't react to "miss you" e-mails of the kind I get from cosmetic companies all the time, unless the prize is a free foot massage from Imba :lol:;)

footmassage2_720.jpg